• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

Jtibh

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if more people died from skiing accidents than shark attacks 😆

I dunno man. Australia is pretty amazing! I love Canada but they both have their pros and cons. Wouldn't say one is better than the other
We dont communists running around arresting people beating them locking them up after 8pm etc.

Yes canada is better than australia at least we still have our freedom

Last edited:

Justin9mm

At least Australians get better weather year round than us so maybe that the good weather tax

Depends where in Australia you live, I'm in Melbourne and it goes from cold to fuck its cold about 8-9 months of the year.

Even in the few months of summer we can have say 36 degrees Celsius one day and then literally the next day it's 17 degrees.. It's a 4 seasons in 1 day city.

Depends where in Australia you live, I'm in Melbourne and it goes from cold to fuck its cold about 8-9 months of the year.

Even in the few months of summer we can have say 36 degrees Celsius one day and then literally the next day it's 17 degrees.. It's a 4 seasons in 1 day city.
Should move to Perth - an average of 8 hours of sunshine per day.

Justin9mm

Should move to Perth - an average of 8 hours of sunshine per day.
Perth is a beautiful place but pretty much nowhere near the rest of populated Australia.

I'm Adelaide born and raised and family and friends also in Sydney and Queensland. No offence but If I was to live in Perth I might as well be living back in London. I can easily drive to Adelaide and drive to Sydney in a day or very quick flight. Perth itself is fine but way too far, I'd rather the shitty weather lol

Last edited:
Oh, man. Stupid social distancing. Ah well, thanks for letting me know.

I got lucky and saw the tweets about them going up early at gamestop last week, I went in right away and was like 8th in line, funny enough this store is a high volume store in an LA suburb and they had more digital edition than standard edition for pre-order, they only had around 20 total and were turning people away at the door like crazy, they ran out of standard edition before I even got to the front but I was planning on getting the digital one anyway so that was fine with me.

Leopold

I pretty much tried to order from every website around - as here in Israel, most likely we will not get enough units. Some stores are already selling their second shipment lmao.

saintjules

Anyone who's pre-ordered through Walmart (US) and with a Credit Card, the funds do drop off (and without notice). The order seems intact and this was just a pre-auth. Took 3 or so business days to do that. Just an FYI.

Leopold

I pretty much tried to order from every website around - as here in Israel, most likely we will not get enough units. Some stores are already selling their second shipment lmao.

So I called one of the stores and it is amazing how badly they're managing it. They opened pre-orders weeks ago and two or three days after the price reveal, the official supplier in Israel informed the price in local currency. So instead of informing those who expressed interest on buying it, they just opened a new pre-order, now with a payment option, rendering the previous one completely irrelevant.

Good thing is I also had placed a pre-order elsewhere and paid a nominal fee. Just called and they said that I'm one of the first ones so most likely will get a console.

Now happy to pay 650 euro for the regular version lmao.

Humdinger

I got lucky and saw the tweets about them going up early at gamestop last week, I went in right away and was like 8th in line, funny enough this store is a high volume store in an LA suburb and they had more digital edition than standard edition for pre-order, they only had around 20 total and were turning people away at the door like crazy, they ran out of standard edition before I even got to the front but I was planning on getting the digital one anyway so that was fine with me.

That's good you were able to snag one. Enjoy. I'll grab one later, once they aren't so hard to come by.

I ran out of stuff to play on my PS4, so I ordered a Switch. I imagine I'll end up owning all three consoles next gen. I'll get an Xbox in a few years, when their RPG exclusives start rolling out.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Even the dualsense charging station is getting sold out. I thought I would be able to get one easily, but I started checking online stores and it's sold out in many, so pre-ordered one.
Now I just need to pre-order a ps5..... :messenger_expressionless:

DinoD

Perth is a beautiful place but pretty much nowhere near the rest of populated Australia.

I'm Adelaide born and raised and family and friends also in Sydney and Queensland. No offence but If I was to live in Perth I might as well be living back in London. I can easily drive to Adelaide and drive to Sydney in a day or very quick flight. Perth itself is fine but way too far, I'd rather the shitty weather lol

Last year I moved from Adelaide to Brisbane. I miss Radelaide mostly because of my family and friends. Brisbane's nice and everything, but I hate the climate so far. It's not even Oct yet and I'm already sweating from the humidity. Melbourne is my favorite city. I lived there for 3 years, back in early 00's. Wish I could go back there one day, and finally settle for good.

Cheers

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
My brother got 2 preorders from Walmart but canned them over the weekend. After thinking about it prob just gonna get 1 digital one for the family room area when they easier to find. Give them a while to get some not cross gen stuff out too.

Justin9mm

Last year I moved from Adelaide to Brisbane. I miss Radelaide mostly because of my family and friends. Brisbane's nice and everything, but I hate the climate so far. It's not even Oct yet and I'm already sweating from the humidity. Melbourne is my favorite city. I lived there for 3 years, back in early 00's. Wish I could go back there one day, and finally settle for good.

Cheers
You just don't want to be here now in Melbourne for these horrible lockdown restrictions. It's not been nice the last few months!

So you are from Adelaide originally or just lived there? I'm Adelaide born and didn't leave until I was 27, then I moved to London for a few years and then didn't last back home in Adelaide more than 3 months before I moved to Melbourne. Been in Melbourne just over 6 years now. I think I will end up retiring back home in Adelaide with my family one day but for now Melbourne is home.

DinoD

You just don't want to be here now in Melbourne for these horrible lockdown restrictions. It's not been nice the last few months!

So you are from Adelaide originally or just lived there? I'm Adelaide born and didn't leave until I was 27, then I moved to London for a few years and then didn't last back home in Adelaide more than 3 months before I moved to Melbourne. Been in Melbourne just over 6 years now. I think I will end up retiring back home in Adelaide with my family one day but for now Melbourne is home.

I was born in Croatia, but emigrated to Australia (Adelaide) back in 1998. Lived at Magill, and studied at UniSA 1998-2002. Moved to Melbourne for a few years, then back to Adelaide. Been in Brissie since Sep last year.

I know you guys had really tough going for the last two months, but numbers are getting low now, and things are looking up.
You take care of yourself mate.

nordique

You call that cold?

You don't know what cold is. Haha

Ten_Fold

I tried to preorder one in store at Walmart this morning. I was told that they don't to preorders. :(
Walmart near my is only doing pick up first come first serve orders. I’m wondering if Walmart will stay open later for that midnight release, because they close early now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There was alot of talk about antonline.com while the PS5s were live. The site crashed, most stuff sold out except for pricey bundles. They sold out completely, then the most expensive bundle came back in stock for an hour or so.

whats the deal? I hear their customer service is awful. People are speculating they won’t have the stock come November 12th. Other people say they will ship everything but the console.

I used a credit card so I have fraud protection but can someone weight in in regards to experience with antonline?

I bought a cheap new Xbox One X from them on ebay and it came quickly and in good shape.

Just the one transaction with them though.

That's good you were able to snag one. Enjoy. I'll grab one later, once they aren't so hard to come by.

I ran out of stuff to play on my PS4, so I ordered a Switch. I imagine I'll end up owning all three consoles next gen. I'll get an Xbox in a few years, when their RPG exclusives start rolling out.

Yeah I have zero interest in a Series X right now, I already said when Fable comes out if it's really good I'll buy the console for that, hopefully it'll have already had at least one price drop, add ES6 to that and I will probably have to, still won't get gamepass or sign up for gold though so they probably won't really want me as a customer lol

Justin9mm

You call that cold?

You don't know what cold is. Haha
I lived in London and stayed in many European countries in Winter. I know what its like to endure up to -20 degrees in some places. But the science of acclimatisation is a real thing so people can't really make that argument.

For example, my friend used to work on an oil rig near the middle of Australia for weeks at a time, the average temp was around 50-55 degrees Celsius and they had to do that in full overalls. He came back to Adelaide and the temp one night dropped to 25 degrees when we were at the pub. To us it was warm, t-shirt and shorts etc. He was there, pants and jumper and huddling in a corner feeling like he had hypothermia.

Justin9mm

I was born in Croatia, but emigrated to Australia (Adelaide) back in 1998. Lived at Magill, and studied at UniSA 1998-2002. Moved to Melbourne for a few years, then back to Adelaide. Been in Brissie since Sep last year.

I know you guys had really tough going for the last two months, but numbers are getting low now, and things are looking up.
You take care of yourself mate.
Cool, I grew up, around Norwood / Burnside.

Yeah it should be a lot better soon.

Silent Duck

DAMN WHY DON'T THEY WANT MY MONEY!?!?!

wRMtBGt.jpg

nordique

I lived in London and stayed in many European countries in Winter. I know what its like to endure up to -20 degrees in some places. But the science of acclimatisation is a real thing so people can't really make that argument.

For example, my friend used to work on an oil rig near the middle of Australia for weeks at a time, the average temp was around 50-55 degrees Celsius and they had to do that in full overalls. He came back to Adelaide and the temp one night dropped to 25 degrees when we were at the pub. To us it was warm, t-shirt and shorts etc. He was there, pants and jumper and huddling in a corner feeling like he had hypothermia.

-20 is not cold my friend lol. Its getting there. But not my definition of cold. Thats a nice day in January here

Australia has beautiful weather - most Canadians who have lived or visited there agree

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I miss the movie theater E3 experience. I felt like it let us get closer to Shawn Layden and Sony in a big way. I still have two lanyards from the show and my VIP pass.

I wonder when these are shipped to stores. Have they already been shipped? I wonder how they know how many they can offer.

Retailers have employees that are titled “buyers”. Their entire role is to get the best price on bulk ordered products from manufacturers to resell to us. In this case, they put in bids for x number of units at a standard price. They negotiate terms from there with the manufacturers and once the deal is signed they are assigned a guaranteed allotment and delivery due date. They can sell that many without winning additional bids.

From there, it’s up to the logistics of a company to be able to ship units from hub warehouses to other warehouses and the to either stores or to the customers directly.

Justin9mm

-20 is not cold my friend lol. Its getting there. But not my definition of cold. Thats a nice day in January here

Australia has beautiful weather - most Canadians who have lived or visited there agree
Yeah I know its not that cold but cold is cold to people not acclimatised no matter what the temp.

Australia generally as a whole has beautiful weather yes, it's just certain parts down south that can feel miserable. But yes it's nothing compared to where you are.

So...what happened to, "Over the next few days, we will release more PS5 consoles for preorder – retailers will share more details?"

Has that actually happened?
I'm hoping they drop more preorders for Friday since its payday for a lot of people, myself included. Sony probably isn't considering that though lol

Nymphae

Banned
I tried last Friday to get a preorder from the Shoppers Drug Mart site in Canada. They've never done online preorders for anything, not sure why I thought it would work. Site crashed 2 min before go time, was down for many hours afterwards then their pitiful stock numbers sold out instantaneously. Don't have time to be an early adopter, fuck this noise I'll buy one in February.

Fox Mulder

So...what happened to, "Over the next few days, we will release more PS5 consoles for preorder – retailers will share more details?"

Has that actually happened?

target had more for like 3 seconds. The bots are up for all these now. I’ll probably just say fuck it until I can find one walking in Walmart like usual.

Grinchy

Banned
target had more for like 3 seconds. The bots are up for all these now. I’ll probably just say fuck it until I can find one walking in Walmart like usual.
Damn that's just a shame. I've helped secure 3 for myself and 2 family members. I am trying to help my brother in law now.

If they were all more technologically inclined, they'd all be searching themselves. But I'm their only hope :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom