• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pre-Orders Starting TOMORROW (Sep 17) (Some may be TODAY)

I w

I was om it till 2 am last night.

I even went for the most expensive option. One was left. Put it in cart. Went to check out and boom item no longer available.

I will just keep doing it .

I also signed up for the wish list on amazon and at sony.

Canada is fucked in the ass once again
Canada got shafted again? Hate to break it to you but.....

I only sell to people with high seller/buyer ratings. Plain and simple don't sell to buyers with bad feedback.
Ebay doesn't let you block people with low feedback. You can block people with negative feedback ironically since you can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore or people who have a certain amount of NPBs.

For something like this I'd be more relieved if I didn't have to deal with bullshit uncertainties.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

faisalasif

Fail to get an amazon pre-order it took like 5 seconds all went out of stock but I was able to pre-ordered my PS5 from BestBuy .

Jtibh

Banned
They claim stock, but then tried to order and I got this:

Sorry, there are items in your order which are no longer available for purchase. Please review the list of items shown at the top of the page and remove them. [error code: XOFE08] - 9/17/2020 - 11:16:37

:(
Exact same fucking thing

Even now it shows stock but once you hit check out item is not available

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
I think we are working with are lowballed allocation numbers that will be increased over time.

Sony's loyalty program for the worthy was designed to combat scalpers because they new they had a problem on their hands.

IF validated playstation users decide they dont want to become a scalper, Sony will expand the list of loyal customers who are limited per account.

When that process works out and they have solid sense of day 1 inventories to allocate, retailers will get stock for launch or revised numbers.

This all just seems like a lot if you didnt get lucky, but it is ten million or so units, artificial scarcity that you feel now isnt over ten million ~$450 consoles with barely a hot exclusive. I think we are looking at the million they have produced so far, if not even less.

I think adding final fantasy and god of war before this was settled was unnecessary.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
Fail to get an amazon pre-order it took like 5 seconds all went out of stock but I was able to pre-ordered my PS5 from BestBuy .
Damn! U got Best Buy to work? That was the worst of all. I was at last click to finalize order and did 1000 clicks with no success.

dorkimoe

Lmao within 10 min of that tweet 2000 liked it. You’re telling me 2000 bought all of those PS5s in a little under 12 min?
I blame Sony for understocking and not supplying amazon with enough units
You do know that the link was posted here before wario and that not everyone who bought it liked the tweet right? There’s hundreds of accounts who tweeted that link out. The 30 people In this thread got it and didn’t like the tweet. Go see how many views the tweet had. That will give you a better estimate

bronk

Banned
Lmao within 10 min of that tweet 2000 liked it. You’re telling me 2000 bought all of those PS5s in a little under 12 min?
I blame Sony for understocking and not supplying amazon with enough units
I say way more then that under 12 minutes.

Umbral

I don’t see why they don’t just let people only buy one, that way you can try your best at minimizing scalpers. Makes no sense to me why they let people pre-order multiple consoles on release day.
Scalpers are slime. They always find a way to ooze through the narrowest fissures. They would spend a 40 hour work week to try and figure out how to cheat it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Best buy Canada had them up so early yesterday, probably within the hour of the showcase, I managed to grab one before playstation canada even tweeted it out. Was smooth and went through in the first attempt.

But I fucked up and put it up as a "guest" order, oh well. We got the console at least.

Now roll on september 22 to get the XsX in.

FranXico

I w

I even went for the most expensive option. One was left. Put it in cart. Went to check out and boom item no longer available.

It's hard to find everywhere, I also couldn't get one here in Belgium.
No reason to get so worked up.

They make it hard for me to give them my money, it's their loss. It can wait. It's just a games console. I'll try again later, maybe next year, so what?

Hopefully the rest of us can manage a pre-order sometime this month or next. At least my girlfriend is working from home so she can keep an eye out.

dcx4610

Wait a minute...I'm sure it's been noted by someone by the official thumbnail for the reveal shows a black version. Are they teasing us? I don't want a white console if I can help it.

hqdefault.jpg

Edit: Shadow? Ugh...

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait a minute...I'm sure it's been noted by someone by the official thumbnail for the reveal shows a black version. Are they teasing us? I don't want a white console if I can help it.

hqdefault.jpg
I think you can make yours black like that one too if you put it in a dark room with subtle blue lights

Jtibh

Banned
It's hard to find everywhere, I also couldn't get one here in Belgium.
No reason to get so worked up.

They make it hard for me to give them my money, it's their loss. It can wait. It's just a games console. I'll try again later, maybe next year, so what?
Yeah i am with you on this one.

I have time . I try a few more times and if nothing works i wait.

Too old for this shit.

I w

Why didn't you go preorder in person at a store? It didn't have to be online...

Dthomp

How did most of you order? Did you do shipping or pickup?

Had shipping orders through Amazon via the link here, shipping from Target while it was up, and luckily randomly checked Best Buy before I went to bed and got a Pickup in store order (Which is what I wanted, my postal companies are awful). I even got the Sony email after getting two of my orders in. Have to go cancel my Amazon order, may keep the second one as a Xmas gift for my wife if she wants it, otherwise I'll just return it to my local Target so somebody can have a good Xmas for their kid/themself

Dthomp

I feel ya, man. If it helps, here's a photo of an old school Karen scalper supreme. I hope the store didn't let her get refunds on any of them.

That's the thing that I think needs to change to help combat scalping. Stores return policies on software/hardware needs to be EXTREMELY limited. I'm talking like 7 days from purchase with receipt, not after holiday season
stuff.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i briefly thought about scalping a week ago, but realized i don't need the money, and besides, there is going to be shortage due to everything going on.

kept seeing people in this thread say they bought 2+ copies or whatever, that's fine. but it's definitely selfish given the year we are all having.

Komatsu

i briefly thought about scalping a week ago, but realized i don't need the money, and besides, there is going to be shortage due to everything going on.

kept seeing people in this thread say they bought 2+ copies or whatever, that's fine. but it's definitely selfish given the year we are all having.

It’s not a matter of being selfish. I have a preorder with Amazon US and another with Amazon Germany. If one fails, I have a backup.

If I get both consoles, I will give one to a friend or family member.

Last edited:

psn

It was available for hours in Germany. People in Germany were just too slow. They expected it to be available for weeks, even though every big Playstation release has been the same: Sold out within hours.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't know if this will help anyone, but the mobile apps worked better when I got mine from Target yesterday. I sat there on my Desktop re-entering my info and it kept saying the Delivery was wrong. I went and did it on the mobile app and it went through. Also was able to get the docking station.

Jtibh

Banned
Brutal. I went to EB twenty minutes before it opened and I was third in line. Snagged one but it appeared they had no more than ten reserve spots judging by thr amount of people they turned away.
I was there 10 minutes prior to opening. 5th in line.
Guy comes out says ps5? Everyone is like YESSSS . Then he tells us sorry he has nothing at this location come back in the afternoon.

Top Bottom