• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Sony seems to make announcements one week out from their events. So I doubt we'll be hearing anything until the last week of August, if any of these rumors hold water.

Well, I'm completely unsure what to think. The final week(s) involve Gamescom. It could just be an announcement waiting in the wings to happen there, but then.. I personally think they would want to have it be it's own event.

Based on that, It could be September sometime at the earliest just as easily.

HawarMiran

Banned
Sony seems to make announcements one week out from their events. So I doubt we'll be hearing anything until the last week of August, if any of these rumors hold water.
In a case of an event yes. But they still drop stuff from time to time without announcing it prior. Like the Wire articles

I'd prefer if they got no views out of it... they have done nothing but shill for Xbox and they have no qualifications in a technical area, so no value is lost.
I agree they will probably get it though...
hey man i got to disagree with you on this, i don't know why some of you have this notion about DF being a shill for Xbox. Richard and John are such passionate talented people who know their shit when they discuss technical analysis of games. If you've got a beef with Mr Alex Battaglia, then that's a separate thing!

Bryank75

Banned
hey man i got to disagree with you on this, i don't know why some of you have this notion about DF being a shill for Xbox. Richard and John are such passionate talented people who know their shit when they discuss technical analysis of games. If you've got a beef with Mr Alex Battaglia, then that's a separate thing!
John is a good guy, I have no issue with him. Richard does PlayStation no favors IMO.... but I don't dislike him.

Alex is ridiculous. I dunno why anyone would listen to him.

hemo memo

Gold Member

Microsoft invited them for Xbox Series X event so I don’t blame them for going soft after Microsoft. It is business. Simple as that.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Microsoft invited them for Xbox Series X event so I don’t blame them for going soft after Microsoft. It is business. Simple as that.

Beyond that they are human; probably do have some biases here and there.

It's clearly not leading to the destruction of Playstation.. same with all of the click-bait that gets posted and whined about here. The click-bait exists to trigger you, and they know there are far more of "you" (Sony fans) so that's why it's a target. Ignore it and enjoy your games lol

hemo memo

Gold Member
Beyond that they are human; probably do have some biases here and there.

It's clearly not leading to the destruction of Playstation.. same with all of the click-bait that gets posted and whined about here. The click-bait exists to trigger you, and they know there are far more of "you" (Sony fans) so that's why it's a target. Ignore it and enjoy your games lol

Exactly. Believing that they are out there to get Playstation and want it to fail is stupid conspiracy theory talk. They are just biased toward Microsoft and I don’t blame them. They are providing them with great opportunities to create content.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
4b46le.jpg

Lethal01

JonnyMP3

What are people expecting in terms of the next PSVR hardware wise?
As someone else said before, probably haptics built into the headset, everything else is probably going to be standard. Just hope the headset is less bulky.
But the Tempest Engine is probably the thing that makes VR go to the next level. Being completely fooled by sound information as well as visual information? Damn!

PresetError

Neophyte
Late august PS5 event is a given. You don't need to be an insider to know that.
Gamescom is the 27th of august. Tokyo Games Show is the 23rd of september. I would bet Gamescom is for the final game announcements and Tokyo is for the price, release date and teardown.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
sircaw sircaw

It's actually our best season now:

weather-salalah.jpg

Sinthor Sinthor Yup, we're actually a semi-tropical region, it's a rarity during the year to see 35C or higher, reaches around 40-45C for 1-3 days once every 10-15 years like a heat wave passing by, happened in 2016 and before that was 2001 or 2002 I think.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I wonder when we are going to get any info about PS4 games with PS5 patches from PlayStation Studios. I'm still waiting to play God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone let alone Ghost of Tsushima or The Last Of Us, Part II just in case they get upgraded. And if they don't, then I'll play them in BC mode. That's my launch line up for PS5. Fucking fantastic!

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
nice temp but damn that humidity, that is seriously high.

You don't feel it though, but it's pretty dense and we get constant flow of low altitude clouds and light drizzles. Yesterday and probably today are having heavy rains, a visitor to the season as we don't get heavy rains during it. ;) I'll be going tomorrow to film some of the waterfalls in 4K, I'll share later. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem take a look at this, can it be true?

It says that Sony ME (middle east) officials in Saudi Arabia sent a survey asking if you're willing to buy PS5 day one or 3-6 months later. The later one (the official dealer of Sony KSA as it seems) confirms that preorders are open soon!

It's probably trying to sort priorities of where to ship the early consoles first around the globe, I'm getting worried here, man. I really can't wait too long.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

sircaw sircaw

It's actually our best season now:

weather-salalah.jpg

Sinthor Sinthor Yup, we're actually a semi-tropical region, it's a rarity during the year to see 35C or higher, reaches around 40-45C for 1-3 days once every 10-15 years like a heat wave passing by, happened in 2016 and before that was 2001 or 2002 I think.
30s C with 90% humidity here in the south of Thailand. That's actually pretty comfortable, given it's overcast everyday due to monsoon season. Bangkok would get up in the 40s with the same level of humidity. So glad I moved a couple of years ago. That city is brutal. The worst heat I've experienced was in Malaysia. Easter Thailand was a close second. Despite being inland, the humidity was insane. I swear this entire country is one big sauna. Maybe Chiang Mai is different, since it's in the mountains.

Top Bottom