• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatibility Tested - And It's Fantastic!

Shmunter

So some of the BC games on the PS5 that have slightly better frame rates are actually running at lower ps pro resoultion compared to native, is that right?
Yeah, the compute delta between Pro games and PS5 is ideally matched for doubling the performance, seems XsX delta is not sufficient to do the same with One X games. Some ball dropping here from MS it seems.

Md Ray

Digital Foundry are just trolling at this point. The praise seems more out of surprise that anything. John's comment in the Miles review that it has way more pedestrian traffic made me turn on Spiderman on my PS4 pro... NPCs everywhere and block to block traffic...
They're not trolling. Sorry, but maybe you need to get your eyes checked? The side-by-side comparison clearly shows higher NPC and vehicle count.

Even Insomniac clearly laid out the upgrades: "more pedestrians and vehicles stretching into distance". This clearly seems to be the case judging from DF's video.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Why is no one talking about Crysis Remastered? It's a locked 60fps aside from checkpoint stutters. Really fantastic to see how doggedly it sticks to 60fps and shows single-thread performance issues on AMD CPUs are a thing of the past. :messenger_open_mouth: I mean, yes, we saw that with Zen 2 benchmarks on PC but it's nice to see consoles aren't left behind in that regard.

Multi-thread perf will be even better.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Why is no one talking about Crysis Remastered? It's a locked 60fps aside from checkpoint stutters. Really fantastic to see how doggedly it sticks to 60fps and shows single-thread performance issues on AMD CPUs are a thing of the past. :messenger_open_mouth: I mean, yes, we saw that with Zen 2 benchmarks on PC but it's nice to see consoles aren't left behind in that regard.

Multi-thread perf will be even better.
Game doesn't inspire even at 60

Md Ray

Game doesn't inspire even at 60
Yes, I have no interest in that game either. But from a technical standpoint, it's an amazing achievement. I was watching 3900X CPU perf in DF's video and even that hovers very close to 60-70fps in the minimums during stress points. And that CPU is a beast compared to the 3.5 GHz CPU inside PS5.

Last edited:
I started playing Star Wars Fallen Order on PS4 Pro a couple of days ago. The frame rate didn't feel good, but now on PS5 with performance mode it's brilliant and steady 60fps!
I'm glad I waited this long to start the game.

Skifi28

Tried monster hunter and not just the starter areas I saw in most tests. I went to the guiding lands, the most demanding area in the game that ran like crap on my pro. Locked 60, no struggle at all. The only thing I didn't try was having 3 monster at the same time, I doubt it would make any difference at this point.

Edit: In resolution mode.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I’m quite convinced everything with unlocked framerate runs at a locked 60fps on PS5. Everything I’ve thrown at it is solid.

Man, imagine if some devs went back and unlocked their games. It would be lit.

Top Bottom