• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing Morrowind with a controller

genjiZERO

I have to admit, I’ve never liked PC games. They all seem to be either bad Tolkien rip-offs or yet another game with space marines. The gameplay too, except for Goldeneye and Halo (both on consoles) I just don’t find FPSs at all playable. And RTSs? Please, I’ll take another Romance of the Three Kingdoms any day. Don’t get me wrong I’ve tried to get into them; I’ve played through all of Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Starcraft, Red Alert, Alpha Centauri and Kingdom of Loathing. But none of them left me wanting more. So then Oblivion comes out and sounds pretty bad-arse to me. But my laptop can’t support it, and I’m not buying a 360 just for one game that I’ve not even ever played. So what do I do? I get Morrowind to test the waters. Now I’m excited about the prospects of the game, I want to give PC style gaming one last try before I give it up completely for my precious JRPGs, but the problem (actually the only reason I’m starting this anyway, the first part of the paragraph is superfluous) is that I can’t get my PS2 controller (through one of those USB-PS2 things) to work with it. In the options it says that I can use a controller, but it doesn’t allow me to be able to choose where the ‘mouse’ input is coming from so the axes on the controller are all muddled up. Can anyone help me? Do I need to buy an actual computer controller? Or is there a setting I’m missing? Thanks in advance.

Daigoro

i forget the name of it, but there is some program that will allow you to map any function to any button of your controller. never used it myself, but heard good things about it.

someone help us out here!

winter

The combat in Morrowwind is likely to turn you off to playing Oblivion. Why exactly do you want to play a game like Morrowwind that practically demands keyboard and mouse use with a controller (a PS2 one at that)?

Gattsu25

Banned
genjiZERO said:
I have to admit, I’ve never liked PC games. They all seem to be either bad Tolkien rip-offs or yet another game with space marines. The gameplay too, except for Goldeneye and Halo (both on consoles) I just don’t find FPSs at all playable. And RTSs? Please, I’ll take another Romance of the Three Kingdoms any day. Don’t get me wrong I’ve tried to get into them; I’ve played through all of Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Starcraft, Red Alert, Alpha Centauri and Kingdom of Loathing. But none of them left me wanting more. So then Oblivion comes out and sounds pretty bad-arse to me. But my laptop can’t support it, and I’m not buying a 360 just for one game that I’ve not even ever played. So what do I do? I get Morrowind to test the waters. Now I’m excited about the prospects of the game, I want to give PC style gaming one last try before I give it up completely for my precious JRPGs, but the problem (actually the only reason I’m starting this anyway, the first part of the paragraph is superfluous) is that I can’t get my PS2 controller (through one of those USB-PS2 things) to work with it. In the options it says that I can use a controller, but it doesn’t allow me to be able to choose where the ‘mouse’ input is coming from so the axes on the controller are all muddled up. Can anyone help me? Do I need to buy an actual computer controller? Or is there a setting I’m missing? Thanks in advance.
You're such an idiot that I don't feel the need to help you...*sigh*

just get the Xbox version, Joy2Key (don't expect it to control as good as the XB version), or play using the normal controls

Honestly I prefer playing Oblivion with the X360 pad. I can lean back and soak in the atmosphere....whatever that means.

Could have done without the OP's little speech though.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Could have done without the OP's little speech though.

Posting on internet forums is vital way for us tortured-ego nerds to unburden a little of the near-infinite rage and anti-social psychosis that eats at our souls daily. Even the posting of a simple question provides us with the opportunity to experience these golden moments of release.

Top Bottom