• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III "Japan is the most growing market for Xbox... I consider Steam Deck as Xbox... Switch and PS users as part of Xbox community"

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Shut Up GIF

Skifi28

If some ppl think PS5 software in Japan is a disaster....what the hell does that say about Xbox?
It's the one region with like 200% growth, of course they have to celebrate it as much as they can. No, it doesn't matter that they only sell 50 consoles, it's still 200%. And there is no need to track software sales for xbox, gamepass gamepass gamepass.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I thought Jim Ryan wasn't a great choice at first but at least he didn't stick his foot in his mouth constantly. The last few months of phil have been insufferable.

Whoever is prepping him with this corpo bullshit needs a rewrite. Just cause you bought call of duty doesn't mean we're all Xbox players.

Jim wasn't constantly bullshitting and flipflopping in the media with all kinds of things. While Jim wasn't really a PR face, he clearly delivered all these years. He didn't lie to his fans, something Phil Spencer does constantly. He is constantly on the hopium and their fans(boys) also.

One moment, PlayStation is their competition. The other moment they pretend PlayStation doesn't even exist. It's just which way the wind blows for them.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I thought Jim Ryan wasn't a great choice at first but at least he didn't stick his foot in his mouth constantly. The last few months of phil have been insufferable.

Whoever is prepping him with this corpo bullshit needs a rewrite. Just cause you bought call of duty doesn't mean we're all Xbox players.
Yeah Jim was at least honest crappy businessman. Phil is just full of shit

Mr.Phoenix

I just came off feeling a little dirty reading some of that OP and of this thread.

I am calling this the Phil effect going forward.

Now Phil has resorted to name-dropping.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
it's necessary to consider the numerous Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community going forward.

Interesting. Microsoft have already confirmed that no Activision game will be exclusive to Xbox. Maybe this means more future first party titles will start showing up on PlayStation and Nintendo's future console?

Red5

My 2 cents, If Sony and Nintendo allow GamePass or Xbox Store on their platforms then sure, I mean I think that's MS end goal is making XBOX Netflix and having it on every platform, the more exclusives they lock in the more pressure MS and Nintendo will feel.

GHG

It surely reads like a gathering of professionally offended individuals. Not so much different from a JK Rowling thread on resetera. Same vibes.

Phil Spencer's threads on Gaf and JK Rowling ones on Resetera are always must watch with some funny outrages

Well guys, if you genuinely think it's that bad you're free to go and post on resetera instead where you will be protected by the Xbox ambassador mods.

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

Red5

Ah yes they are part of the same ecosystem yet I pulled games from said ecosystems because Im clearly the good guy here.

Exactly, they're putting pressure on Sony and Nintendo to allow Xbox Store and Gamepass on their platforms.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
it's necessary to consider the numerous Nintendo Switch and PlayStation users as part of the Xbox community going forward.

Interesting. Microsoft have already confirmed that no Activision game will be exclusive to Xbox. Maybe this means more future first party titles will start showing up on PlayStation and Nintendo's future console?
It is an interesting thing.

Because Minecraft stayed multi platform and I dont think Phil ever said this before.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
My 2 cents, If Sony and Nintendo allow GamePass or Xbox Store on their platforms then sure, I mean I think that's MS end goal is making XBOX Netflix and having it on every platform, the more exclusives they lock in the more pressure MS and Nintendo will feel.

Exactly, they're putting pressure on Sony and Nintendo to allow Xbox Store and Gamepass on their platforms.

Gamepass in its current form will never be on PlayStation or Nintendo because that kills their business. Whoa so much pressure.

And the Xbox store? Never in a million years.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
In case someone tried and failed to see the link like me, it is real. I suppose that direcr access is refused for security reasons? Or the link was for PC and it does not work on mobile?
Copy paste this title should put the page as the first google option:

【VIPインタビュー】マイクロソフト フィル・スペンサー氏「Xboxとは、マルチデバイスで遊べるプレイヤーのコミュニティー」​

by 世界三大三代川 編集部

by 古屋陽一 編集部

2023.10.31 12:00
I don't have a lot more to say that had not already been said. But my phone counted 13 times the word game pass. Did famitsu did it on purpose?
Emotion Reaction GIF

Red5

Gamepass in its current form will never be on PlayStation or Nintendo because that kills their business. Whoa so much pressure.

And the Xbox store? Never in a million years.

PS already lost access to a lot of well-established 3rd party IP's, Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Fallout, etc... etc.. so let's not pretend PS and Sony aren't feeling any heat from MS warchest. We'll see what MS gobbles up next.

Huh? How?

Locking out well established IP's from Playstation and Nintendo, hoping eventually Sony and Nintendo will cave in and allow Xbox or Gamepass on their platforms.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

PS already lost access to a lot of well-established 3rd party IP's, Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Fallout, etc... etc.. so let's not pretend PS and Sony aren't feeling any heat from MS warchest. We'll see what MS gobbles up next.

Locking out well established IP's from Playstation and Nintendo, hoping eventually Sony and Nintendo will cave in and allow Xbox or Gamepass on their platforms.
That's bad for Xbox not the other two, because people on the other two buy games.

SkylineRKR

So what he's saying is that Switch and Playstation will get all Activision and Bethesda IP after all since they're the same community.

Red5

That's bad for Xbox not the other two, because people on the other two buy games.

We'll see, people said the same about Netflix when it started. MS is aiming to be the Netflix of gaming, they're shifting more towards Gamepass subs rather than individual sales.

Sorcerer

"Nintendo, Sony and Valve are part of the Xbox community"
Translation: "I will crush and acquire these entities, so sayeth Phil "Sauron" Spencer.

Amazing how Phil pretends to be all inclusive and give out hugs to everybody involved in gaming, while scheming behind the scenes to aquire or destroy them.
Phil certainly has some Jeckyll and Hyde thing going on.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Probably one of the most out there statements I've seen from him if legit. Only way this one could be remotely salvaged is if that is really referring to CoD.

It is what it is. We just have to deal with these oddball takes every once in a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom