• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer "Game Pass price increase is inevitable in the Future"

Bernoulli

M2 slut
New interview in Japanese

(FYI) Phil was asked if there would be a Game Pass price increase in the future

Phil Spencer: "Although the main premise is to provide more value, the price is I think it is inevitable that it will rise in the future. We recently raised our prices once, but the decision was made after careful consideration. We believe it is important to provide services that are recognized as being of sufficient value even if prices are increased."

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Pretends To Be Shocked GIF by MOODMAN

Not a surprise, $9.99 for Xbox Game Pass Core and $14.99 for Ultimate is already an insanely stupid value that should be deemed illegal. Raise it to $19.99 or $24.99, with more acquisitions coming and more games, it only makes sense for the price to go up.

Robb

Gold Member
Yeah that’s obvious. I’ll try to get in on another 2-years for cheap while I can and then we’ll see.

I like GamePass but I doubt I’d pay for it monthly, even at todays prices.

Krieger

First they will increase Gamepass by $5 per month, then $10, then there will be different Gamepass Tiers with the cheapest one forcing you to watch 5 ads before your Xbox boots up and finally CoD Modern Black World War 2 will be Gamepass Elite+ exclusive and cost you $70 per month. But remember, best value etc.

First they will increase Gamepass by $5 per month, then $10, then there will be different Gamepass Tiers with the cheapest one forcing you to watch 5 ads before your Xbox boots up and finally CoD Modern Black World War 2 will be Gamepass Elite+ exclusive and cost you $70 per month. But remember, best value etc.
Don't forget paying for bullets when you run out. Gotta reload faster.

Krieger

Don't forget paying for bullets when you run out. Gotta reload faster.
Considering that a former EA CEO wanted to implement paying money for faster reloading in a Battlefield game, yeah, I can see Microsoft's leadership being so incompetent that they will add this into the new CoDs.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I mean of course.. prices ever rarely go down. This is one of those.. “ well no shit “ deals.
Yeah anyone thinking any subscription they have currently will be the same price in 10 years time is delusional.

Fredrik

Raise it to $19.99 or $24.99, with more acquisitions coming and more games, it only makes sense for the price to go up.
I’ve not even accepted the regular price, I still use the cheap XBLGold and EAPlay conversion. $25/month is 1/3 of a game each month. The service would have to become insanely upgraded for me to accept any of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom