• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

pgr3>Ridge Racer 6 and how PGR3 has forever changed racing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid

Banned
Short but sweet because i wanna get back to my 360. PGR3s cockpit view is the best thing to happen to racing games period. in previous racers i had to play from behind the car to judge turns just because the in car views were so incorrect in past games. In PGR3 i seriously feel as if i'm in my car. its nuts.

as far as the framerate goes PGR3s 30 w blur>>>>RR6s 60. call me crazy i dont care but PGR3s motion is way more realistic than RR6s. RR6 comes off as being mechanical and predicted movement compared to PGR3s true to life vision. RR6 also seems soooooo slow compared to PGR3. its like driving a forklift thru sand. maybe the higher car classes will speed things up.

On the positive side of R6 the graphics are indeed sweet. reminds me of the jump from 8 bit to 16 bit where everything was bigger and better. The music sucks though. Oh well. cant win em all. Any questions and i'll try to get to em in a bit.

Yusaku

The cockpit view looks great, but it's not really practical for racing, you simply don't have a large enough field of view to use it. Maybe triple widescreen TVs would make it work.

Liquid

Banned
BigBoss said:

laugh all you want. ridge racer moves as if were an image steady camera strapped to one of those mechanical rabbits that goes around the track in dog racers. the framerate cant help that.

Liquid said:
laugh all you want. ridge racer moves as if were an image steady camera strapped to one of those mechanical rabbits that goes around the track in dog racers. the framerate cant help that.

Your complaint seems to come more from the way RR plays than the framerate. RR's cars don't have even slightly realistic which makes the car movement look strange compared to other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom