• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Thiel Discussed As Possible Trump Transition Chair (HuffPo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Link

Tech billionaire Peter Thiel is being considered as a possible replacement to lead Donald Trump’s transition team, according to a source familiar with the discussions.

A change would only come if New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), who is currently steering Trump’s transition team, leaves the post he’s held since May. Two former top Christie aides were convicted last week for their roles in the 2013 closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge as punishment for a political opponent. Christie has continued to be dogged by the scandal.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity, as they were not authorized to comment on the discussions.

Thiel, a PayPal co-founder and Facebook board member, bucked the trend in Silicon Valley by enthusiastically supporting Trump. He spoke at the Republican National Convention and donated $1.25 million late in the campaign.

It’s unclear whether Thiel, an iconoclastic libertarian, would accept the transition role if Trump offered. A spokesman for Thiel declined to comment.

A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond for comment.

Thiel signaled to The New York Times on Wednesday that he’d informally advise Trump on technology matters, but, according to the paper, was “unlikely to have a formal role” in Trump’s administration. Thiel indicated he had no plans to move to Washington, but was clearly pleased with the result Tuesday night.

Thiel statement on Net Neutrality:

“We’ve had these debates about net neutrality for over 15 years. It hasn’t been necessary so far, and I’m not sure anything has changed to make it necessary right now.

And I don’t like government regulation: We need the US government to regulate the internet about as much as we need the EU to regulate Google — I suspect the cons greatly outweigh the pros, especially in practice.”​
Source

Makonero

but gawker getting bankrupted by thiel was a good thing you guys no way this won't have further implications on free speech

~Kinggi~

Banned
What the fuck is going on?! This really is evil having all the cards!! What a damn world this is!!! Arrrgh!!

All of the 'decent', reasonable republicans evacuated thinking disaster and Trump holds grudges. Therefore, reasonable Republicans will now not be involved in power. The best i can hope for this is that the Repubs in the senate decide to take a moral high-ground and reject Trumps bullshit. HAHA yeah right.

entremet

What the fuck is going on?! This really is evil having all the cards!! What a damn world this is!!! Arrrgh!!

All of the 'decent', reasonable republicans evacuated thinking disaster and Trump holds grudges. Therefore, reasonable Republicans will now not be involved in power. The best i can hope for this is that the Repubs in the senate decide to take a moral high-ground and reject Trumps bullshit. HAHA yeah right.

Yep:

Trump Campaign Keeping List Of Enemies

Not much to pick since the "establishment" won't be involved in his inner circle.

subrock

exclusive video of Trump's transition team waiting in the wings
MuPkemq.gif

epmode

Oh yeah, forgot about net neutrality. Must have gotten distracted by the rest of Trump's bullshit.

Welp. It was nice while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom