• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3/4 will receive next gen ports, PS5 wont

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
money gettin GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
PC - Steam Deck cloud saves = my PS5 sits quite idle lately, outside of TLOU ❤️

(Context: I played the shit out of Persona 4 and finally beat it on my Steam Deck so I’m really unaffected by this)

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i guess Sony doesnt care about the native port for Persona 3/4 and move on.

night13x

My guess- there wont be any graphical, resolution, framerate differences between ps4/ps5 so why release a ps5 port when a ps4 runs exactly the same?

Xbox one x getting a native port - could be part of a MS deal (especially since they gave MS the rights to announce it all first) just to sprinkle sparkles, ooohs, and ahhhhs, on it all.

I would not worry to much for playstation fans on this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think this is a nothing burger.

Gameatsu only asked about the Xbox versions and he got a response about those. He didn't ask about the PS versions. Persona 5 Royal is getting a native PS5 port so there's no reason to believe the others won't.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I dont think it will make a difference. Both will be 4k 60 fps, the only difference will be one has series branding and one has ps4 branding

Ev1L AuRoN

Being native mean better I/O throughput and 120hz. Also mean we can't play off an external HDD. I'm okay with that game being a PS4 retro, 4k60 is possible that way and the game is too simple to be impacted by I/O issues.

Atlus just doesn't treat their fanbase very well. Want to milk us for every cent.

They may very well put out a native version later and ask us to pay full price on it with no upgrade path after buying the PS4 versions.

I own P4G on PC and may just wrap it up on Steam rather than buy the PS4 version to play on PS5.

Ultimately, I'm unhappy about this because of load times, would hope that the transitions would have been minimized in a next gen native port.

Don't care about the framerate really, though 120 would be nice.

Top Bottom