• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark XBLA | The Official Thread

Dynamic3

LongDongJunon said:
So how has the Lock Sight option changed the game for people here? I, quite-honestly, can't tell any difference with it being on right now but I think I just need more time with it.

I'm just interested to hear if it plays better or worse for some people.

I couldn't play it before they added the lock sight. The OG sight was only useful before dual stick controllers.

What is the look ahead option? I can't figure out what it does.

donny2112

FTWer said:
Seems people overestimated the multiplayer's worth in this thread.

I've been wondering if maybe people underestimated the appeal of Perfect Dark's bot system. :lol I know I played for years on it on the N64, and it's still one of, if not the, most highly featured bot/simulant system ever made on consoles. Maybe people decided they liked letting off steam playing against 12 Meat sims rather than play against real people. :p

tuco11

How come now that I have the patch my gun shoots when I press in the right stick (R3). Using the Call of duty control scheme. I dont remember it doing that before the patch .

N4Us

FTWer said:
Seems people overestimated the multiplayer's worth in this thread.
It was great 10 years ago, but who would honestly play it for an extended time other than a test run or nostalgia over any of modern day FPS online game?

I'm buying the game solely for the single player experience.

I played online multiplayer nearly every day since release, up until SSFIV was released. I barely touched single player.

That being said, the public matchmaking could've been better.

What the hell is the Lock Sight option anyway?

EDIT: on the weekend, I was playing alone looking for matches online, pretty team matching making is dead, but solo still have some players on it. I pretty dominated majority of the matches and see players leaving the game just to see them again the next online search. :lol

They still need to fix the weapon respawn time because I can camp in a room with a shield near by and secondary function Dragon. It's a good thing they now have the option to not have the secondary function reset every time you die.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
SephirothRK said:
What the hell is the Lock Sight option anyway?

It locks the reticule in place at the center of the screen instead of having it move around. Makes it much easier to aim without auto-aim.

Cerrius said:
It locks the reticule in place at the center of the screen instead of having it move around. Makes it much easier to aim without auto-aim.

I thought it had something to do with the aim button. Thanks for the info.

Kujo

Woo, finally 201%

2h4g5c4.jpg

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
If anyone wants to buy this game for 400 points ($5) VOTE for this game for the Deal of the Week on the Xbox Dashboard under the spotlight menu.

The other games competing are Battlefield 2, Dragon Age DLC's & Trials HD.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Anyone still playing this? I got it a while back, and just started to get into it, but multiplayer seems to be dead... :(

evilgreg

Neo Member
mr jones said:
Anyone still playing this? I got it a while back, and just started to get into it, but multiplayer seems to be dead... :(
I was on last night and was able to find some games just fine. I think you just need to be on during peak hours.

Laptop gun ftw.

oatmeal

Banned
I just booted this up yesterday and noticed all of my saves were gone (MP stats were still around, but my single player progress (Agent complete, half way through Secret Agent) were all deleted. I started up a new file yesterday and played about half of the levels and then when I turned it on today, all gone again.

WTF?

Anyone else have this problem? What's happening!??!

I just booted this up yesterday and noticed all of my saves were gone (MP stats were still around, but my single player progress (Agent complete, half way through Secret Agent) were all deleted. I started up a new file yesterday and played about half of the levels and then when I turned it on today, all gone again.

WTF?

that must be frustrating. i have backed up my perfect dark save onto a flash drive so ill try it tomorrow (didnt yet put all of my games and saves back from my old jasper 360 to the 360 slim i bought on black friday).

oatmeal

Banned
that must be frustrating. i have backed up my perfect dark save onto a flash drive so ill try it tomorrow (didnt yet put all of my games and saves back from my old jasper 360 to the 360 slim i bought on black friday).

More strange than anything. It only takes about an hour to get back to where I was...but I just don't understand why it won't save my new progress.

At least the 8-9 hours in MP is still in there. That's all that really matters.

More strange than anything. It only takes about an hour to get back to where I was...but I just don't understand why it won't save my new progress.

At least the 8-9 hours in MP is still in there. That's all that really matters.
Hmm...are you saving to the hard drive or to the cloud?

oatmeal

Banned
Hmm...are you saving to the hard drive or to the cloud?

Hard drive.

MP stats are staying, so it doesn't appear to be my drive (it's a new 120GB from GameStop).

I just ran through the first level and then quit...checking if it saved.

Yeah, it's there now (just the one level)...that's really weird. Wonder what's going on here. Maybe if I shut down it loses it again?

WTF?

Something like this happened to me with all three Gears of War games. It only deleted my checkpoint data, but when it happened with 2 I was going through it in split-screen.

Holy shit this is still the best shooter ever made..lol

+ Level Design
+ 20 Missions
+ Awesome music
+ Replayability
+ Huge Multiplayer
+ Cheats for fun
+ Many weapons
+ Three difficulties, each with new missions
+ Hidden areas and secrets
+ you can slap everyone in the face
+ scientists...lol

Yeah...it doesn't feel dated at all.

Every now and then GT: D3vinchi.

Okay, I'll add you :)

Yeah, I don't get it. Where are all the players that loved the Multiplayer 13 years ago?
Splitscreen is still awesome but now...online...man that hurts. I can't find any players (but it's even fun against bots!!)
And It's still more fun for me than any COD or Battlefield.

AlexBasch

Perfect Dark is one of my favourite games of all time. It was really bad to see the online was so bad. ): AFAIK the game did sell well, so we could have had a good community going. It was dead one week after release. :/

Yeah, I don't get it. Where are all the players that loved the Multiplayer 13 years ago?
Splitscreen is still awesome but now...online...man that hurts. I can't find any players (but it's even fun against bots!!)
And It's still more fun for me than any COD or Battlefield.
They all bailed in several weeks. It was insane the first month! So many people! It topped the charts of XBLA the first 3 or 4 weeks.

The multiplayer dying isn't a surprise, but it's not the type of game that needs to have people playing at all hours anyway. It was never really much competitively, but nowadays it's like gathering friends over for some splitscreen except online. It's a game that very much benefits from grabbing chums online to get silly custom games in that matchmaking could never satisfy.

The multiplayer dying isn't a surprise, but it's not the type of game that needs to have people playing at all hours anyway. It was never really much competitively, but nowadays it's like gathering friends over for some splitscreen except online. It's a game that very much benefits from grabbing chums online to get silly custom games in that matchmaking could never satisfy.

I played multiplayer with bots today

Facility
Classic automatic guns
8 bots (hard difficulty)

So.much.fun.

Pure chaos...no damn level progression, no unlockables.
It's not about k/d ratio
It's fun

Top Bottom