• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

THRILLH0

Banned
So the same pieces of shit who think its funny to trivialise rape continue to act like immature douchebags.

Colour me surprised

MC Safety

No he wouldn't.

Pieces of shit sometimes find their way back to the top of the toilet water.

Guys like this need their throat stepped on until they disappear forever. The guy needs a different job, one that doesn't involve much contact with people.

Let it go, man.

The bad marketing man doesn't need to be humiliated or beaten down further. You've had your pound of flesh.

So the same pieces of shit who think its funny to trivialise rape continue to act like immature douchebags.

Colour me surprised

picard-facepalm.jpg

dLMN8R

Oh man this latest story just had me laughing my ass off holy shit. Reading his Twitter feed he didn't even realize it was a prank until probably an hour after it was revealed :lol

At some point though I do feel bad. I feel like I'm laughing at someone who's disabled and doesn't have any control over his disability. He should be getting professional help, not laughed at. But he's still acting like such an incredible asshole that I can't really feel that bad, I guess.

Rootbeer

Banned
I support Mike in this. He's talked openly about what he's had to endure growing up. I know how he feels and I'm sure i'm not the only GAFer who does. He sees this as his opportunity to right a wrong in this world. Paul has shown no remorse and continues his vitriol to this day, sometimes posting a hundred or more negative and offensive tweets per day. As long as he wants to keep it going, he deserves everything he gets. If he had apologized, shut up and slunk away, then I'd agree that people should just let it die. But that is not what is happening.

This kind of person just rubs me wrong. We have more than enough people on this earth as it is, and we're supposed to sit back and treat this guy like he's as good as Mike? No, fuck that. We pick our battles and I feel Mike's battle here is a just one.

If I were Jerry though, I'd be playing it the same way. Just staying back :p

Row

Banned

Colour me surprised

I know it's cool to quote this and throw some faux outrage at it, but the fact that he's right kind of makes it pointless guys

Balphon

I support Mike in this. He's talked openly about what he's had to endure growing up. I know how he feels and I'm sure i'm not the only GAFer who does. He sees this as his opportunity to right a wrong in this world. Paul has shown no remorse and continues his vitriol to this day, sometimes posting a hundred or more negative and offensive tweets per day. As long as he wants to keep it going, he deserves everything he gets. If he had apologized, shut up and slunk away, then I'd agree that people should just let it die. But that is not what is happening.

You'd think with his history he'd be better able to recognize when someone's being bullied.

Mike was entirely in the wrong during the whole dickwolves fiasco regardless of whether they were making light of rape or not in that original comic (and I honestly don't think they were, so I can understand their initial faux-OH WE'RE SO SORRY attitude after being accused of glorifying rape over such bizarre circumstances) because he just wouldn't let the damn thing drop when it was over and done with.

The difference here is he's only ever made an action towards Paul when provoked (apparently? I haven't seen the PA guys talk about him when he hasn't said/done something first), such as public threats of physical violence or sneaking into their convention. I don't see how, especially in comparison to how little of a shit he gave about how verbally abusive his followers (and even including members of the gaming press, like Sterling) were with some of those detractors during the dickwolves thing, how rather harmlessly getting a guy constantly threatening to beat people up that he's all bark and no bite is even in the same league of dickish behaviour.

If you're going to damn these guys (or Mike at least), I really don't think this is an apt reason to do so. Especially when someone as awful as Paul Christoforo is concerned.

Sera O

Banned
This entire thread is crazy. If there's one thing that can be said about this guy it's that he's committed. The thing that sucks the most about the whole thing is, though this Paul asshole keeps dousing himself in gasoline, he's clearly so divorced from reality that he will never realize any of his own responsibility for the shit inferno he's brought on himself.

Everything about him - the macho posturing, obsessing over power to intimidate and dominate (steroids, 'angry pimp,' industry connections and mayor, I will ruin your internet rep with my 120 slaves), framing everything he does as reactions to stress or people 'pushing' him, quickness to resort to physical threats and thuggishness. . . it all adds up to him being an unhinged power freak with an inability to learn. It sounds uncomfortably like he's a domestic abuser from his communications and that link to some court doc someone posted upthread. I get the feeling that whatever 'suffering' he experiences is parceled out once he gets home. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. This guy is clearly not well, he will just keep building up this persecution narrative and the PA guys are kind of fueling it.

That apology letter (full of excuses and denial of responsibility) to Dave are pretty much the excuses of a habitual abuser when he shows up in the hospital with flowers. "I was stressed, you should have known not to push my buttons when I'm like that, I've got a temper etc etc, why we gotta make a big deal about this and bring consequences into it." Fucked up.

That's the thing though; this guy seems like he was going to brag about sneaking into PAX regardless of what happened and start declaring some other ridiculous thing he's going to do to stick it to the PA guys (and it won't surprise me if he does soon threaten to do something else), so he doesn't need 'fueling' in the first place. All Mike's helped give people definite proof this guy never got even close to sneaking into PAX .

If'd they'd said nothing, or even just given a blunt 'no he didn't get in', some people wouldn't be 100% convinced and implanting the idea that despite his ban he was able to just walk into this big convention wouldn't of been great PR for PA, even if most people agree Paul's a pathological liar. I don't see how ignoring his inevitable HAH HAH YOU DUMB FUCKS I SNUCK IN WHAT'CHA GONNA DO claim would've been the more ideal outcome.

IISANDERII

Well done! I can't think of anybody who's humiliated and embarrassed themselves more than this without the influence addiction. Paul Cristoforo is the undisputed clown of the realm.

Because not feeding the trolls is better than feeding the troll.
But when someone is claiming they've broken into your gaming convention wouldn't it make sense to (within reason, and the way Mike did with planted photos was perfectly simple without resorting to anything more than a few tweets) prove that they didn't rather than ignoring it and causing doubt or suspicion that maybe your business isn't that efficiently run if they can't keep just one banned individual outside of the convention?

THRILLH0

Banned
There's nothing uglier than the face of hypocritical, undeserved, self-righteousness.

You talking about me? The PA guys have a history of making rape jokes and wanted to put one on a fucking t-shirt despite pleas from victims groups.

Someone's going to have to explain the replies I'm getting. And to the genius talking about reading the thread for context, pull your head in. I've been following this thread from start and my reply pertains specifically to the reason for the bump.

Sera O

Banned
It wouldn't really be a big deal if (gullible) people believed Paul got into PAX. It's more like stepping back and letting the crazy guy think he got away with something so he can stop trying to defend his manly pride or whatever. It's not like he has credibility. Engaging with him further has no benefits.

This guy is all about throwing his weight around. If it occurs to him that he's been humiliated, he will just escalate his bullshit threats and try to cause more drama. Only it would be even more annoying and involving higher stakes than letting a pathological liar say that he was inside a convention hall without incident, neener neener.

FyreWulff

It wouldn't really be a big deal if (gullible) people believed Paul got into PAX. It's more like stepping back and letting the crazy guy think he got away with something so he can stop trying to defend his manly pride or whatever. It's not like he has credibility. Engaging with him further has no benefits.

This guy is all about throwing his weight around. If it occurs to him that he's been humiliated, he will just escalate his bullshit threats and try to cause more drama. Only it would be even more annoying and involving higher stakes than letting a pathological liar say that he was inside a convention hall without incident, neener neener.

Except if they hadn't provided him the pics, he either wouldn't have posted them or would have tried to use someone else's and would have been quickly found out. Mike is riding a fine line between embarassing a troll and manufacturing his own controversy.

The better action is still to completely ignore the guy. Your everyday internet troll would love if all they had to do was tweet a few times a day and make your target consume hours of their time setting traps up for you.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I know it's cool to quote this and throw some faux outrage at it, but the fact that he's right kind of makes it pointless guys

your post is as pointless as theirs. Everyone is equal on the internet.

Except if they hadn't provided him the pics, he either wouldn't have posted them or would have tried to use someone else's and would have been quickly found out. Mike is riding a fine line between embarassing a troll and manufacturing his own controversy.

The better action is still to completely ignore the guy. Your everyday internet troll would love if all they had to do was tweet a few times a day and make your target consume hours of their time setting traps up for you.
Eh, he's basically saying the same thing you are; I'm the one arguing I don't think Mike's in the wrong tripping Paul up like this in this very specific circumstance just since it could've possibly harmed PAX or their security's image if he had seemingly snuck in with no issues (though obviously most people would've called bull). It's not worth risking people less in-tune with this entire Ocean Marketting thing getting freaked out that some sort of crazy Mr. Roids was on the prowl at PAX looking for a fight.

After all this though if Mike continues to bring up the guy much like he couldn't get over the dickwolves thing and let it rest then PA's potentially landed themselves into another big internet drama they could've avoided if only Mike could restrain himself more.

You talking about me? The PA guys have a history of making rape jokes and wanted to put one on a fucking t-shirt despite pleas from victims groups.

Someone's going to have to explain the replies I'm getting. And to the genius talking about reading the thread for context, pull your head in. I've been following this thread from start and my reply pertains specifically to the reason for the bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGJIdoavEes

Both Mike and Jerry said they had a pretty hellish experience throughout school with bullies. This is how they turned to art and writing as a mean of escapism.

So whenever Mike sees a bully that's out of line, he uses his tools to break him down and toy with him. Plus Mike and Khoo are known to be huge pranksters so, to those who follow PA, this shouldn't be a surprise.

scy

After all the "I'll be getting in to PAX, you can't stop me" lines that Paul dropped, is anyone really surprised at him being brought back into the spotlight when PAX rolls around?

Though, I guess the "setting him up" bit is a little much but, hey, I laughed so I guess I'm a shitty person too.

MrPliskin

Banned

New to...reality?

People make jokes about the following:

Rape
Incest
Race
Religion
Poverty
Politics
Language
Jobs
Marriage
School
Kids
Teachers
Businessmen
Wall Street
Government

...basically, grow up. The world is fucked up, and things will offend you. Don't get on your high horse and shit on someone because they made light of an otherwise dark crime. There's one thing to joke about the nature of a crime, and another to joke about a victim or specific event. Their joke was lighthearted and intended no harm or ill will on anyone. Get over it :)

Apoc29

As much as Paul deserves it, he clearly does not give a fuck about being repeatedly owned. Face it, we're not going to get visual confirmation of him crying to his momma, however fun it may be to imagine so. Let's just settle for him never working in this business again and be done with it.

As much as Paul deserves it, he clearly does not give a fuck about being repeatedly owned. Face it, we're not going to get visual confirmation of him crying to his momma, however fun it may be to imagine so. Let's just settle for him never working in this business again and be done with it.

I think we can all agree that he'll never learn nor change his behavior. However, he started making waves about PAX East, so getting entertainment out of another public humiliation of him is worth it.

ElRenoRaven

Oh man this latest story just had me laughing my ass off holy shit. Reading his Twitter feed he didn't even realize it was a prank until probably an hour after it was revealed :lol

At some point though I do feel bad. I feel like I'm laughing at someone who's disabled and doesn't have any control over his disability. He should be getting professional help, not laughed at. But he's still acting like such an incredible asshole that I can't really feel that bad, I guess.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly. I also kind of find it sad though that people are still giving him attention. He would have disappeared long ago if he wasn't still getting attention thanks to Gabe. I do have to admit though that the guy is a freaking moron though. Gabe and them sure showed that.

I'm too dumb and lazy to understand Twitter, can't anyone recap what's recently happened?

Also, I didn't know about all of this stuff with Mike having a temper...

I'm too dumb and lazy to understand Twitter, can't anyone recapped what's recently happened?

Yeah, I can't keep up with childish Internet Twitter drama either. Does someone want to give me the Cliff Notes?

Also, I find the comic to be the antithesis of funny, so I'm not super familiar with Gabe and Tycho, but these guys are supposedly adults, correct?

DarkKyo

Yeah, I can't keep up with childish Internet Twitter drama either. Does someone want to give me the Cliff Notes?

Also, I find the comic to be the antithesis of funny, so I'm not super familiar with Gabe and Tycho, but these guys are supposedly adults, correct?
It's probably the webcomic with the largest fanbase and following. So you're an exception I guess.

I'm too dumb and lazy to understand Twitter, can't anyone recapped what's recently happened?

Paul bragged that he got in PAX East for the weekend with a costume and he showed pics through his twitter account but it was only pictures of the show floor.

When PAX was over, Mike and Khoo revealed that they had sent him, anonymously, the pictures and he posted them has his own while continue to brag about it and wanting to start some fight with Khoo.

Paul bragged that he got in PAX East for the weekend with a costume and he showed pics through his twitter account but it was only pictures of the show floor.

When PAX was over, Mike and Khoo revealed that they had sent him, anonymously, the pictures and he posted them has his own while continue to brag about it and wanting to start some fight with Khoo.

Wow, they just couldn't let it go I guess. What a childish and immature action. I hope they're proud of themselves.

KalBalboa

Banned

Wow. As a guy who's put together some events in the past, I can't believe they had the time or energy to keep going with this dink.

I mean, c'mon, move on already.

Top Bottom