• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

MrPliskin

Banned
That was totally useless.

What a childish thing to do.

Childish like insulting your customers? Or childish like continuously lying about any and everything that you can for publicity?

If anything, this will be the final nail in the coffin to wipe this guy off the map.

pargonta

P9mzt.jpg

remnant

Banned
Childish like insulting your customers? Or childish like continuously lying about any and everything that you can for publicity?

If anything, this will be the final nail in the coffin to wipe this guy off the map.
He would be off the map if everyone grew up and moved on.

you know, we all had our fun pointing our fingers at pauly boy and his stupidity.

but at some point, it stops being a simple game of calling someone out on his shit, and just becomes a sad sight of mob mentality still mocking someone who obviously must have some sort of mental disability.

in this case, the mental disability is not having a clue and still trying to act alpha male from high school.

we're bordering Chris-chan CWC levels of sad.

jaxword

you know, we all had our fun pointing our fingers at pauly boy and his stupidity.

but at some point, it stops being a simple game of calling someone out on his shit, and just becomes a sad sight of mob mentality still mocking someone who obviously must have some sort of mental disability.

in this case, the mental disability is not having a clue and still trying to act alpha male from high school.

Agreed on the mob mentality being distasteful, but "being a stupid asshole" is not a mental disability. The guy brings it on himself, he knows what he's doing.

If we follow this line of reasoning we would never be able to make fun of anyone/anything on the internet ever again, and that would be a terrible thing.

I think you're right to an extent, but this guy really just seems like a douche that fell for a masterclass level troll.

Riggs

Banned
Funny that this guy keeps fucking up, he is a real douche bag obviously.

But does anyone find the guys at PA annoying? I don't know I read their posts on the front page and sometimes I can't get through them. Not sure if it's arrogance or what.

They should just let this die, now the PA guys are coming off as douche bags slightly. Not anywhere near Paul's douche bag level but still.

bill0527

He would be off the map if everyone grew up and moved on.

No he wouldn't.

Pieces of shit sometimes find their way back to the top of the toilet water.

Guys like this need their throat stepped on until they disappear forever. The guy needs a different job, one that doesn't involve much contact with people.

Row

Banned

But does anyone find the guys at PA annoying? I don't know I read their posts on the front page and sometimes I can't get through them. Not sure if it's arrogance or what.

They should just let this die, now the PA guys are coming off as douche bags slightly. Not anywhere near Paul's douche bag level but still.

definitely not just you, there's plenty of us that find their arrogance wrapped in social ineptitude extremely unlikable

Riggs

Banned
No he wouldn't.

Pieces of shit sometimes find their way back to the top of the toilet water.

Guys like this need their throat stepped on until they disappear forever. The guy needs a different job, one that doesn't involve much contact with people.

Good post I agree 100%. I guess the guy's over at PA may not be my style. I do enjoy the shit out of GB podcasts though so at least I am not a total hater.

MrPliskin

Banned
He's still at it, this didn't phase him in the slightest, lol.

@KyleSGibson A. Never Lost My Job I Owned the Company B.Have a huge lawsuit for tripple digits going C.Writing a Book D.Was never Humiliated

Huge lawsuit for triple digits. That $500 is gonna be so sweet, he'll buy a PS3!

Riggs

Banned
Kyle Gibson ‏ @KyleSGibson · Open
@PaulChristoforo And keep up the homophobia, it serves your other pleasant traits nicely.

Paul Christoforo ‏ @PaulChristoforo Close
@KyleSGibson K cock licker

Edit 1
Sorry I copy and pasted it raw. This dude never learns ....

Holy shit I went through his twitter feed, this guy just does not get it. Despite my feelings about PA's snobbishness (just my opinion), this dude deserves to get burned. His oceanmarketing site is still up to!

Edit 2

So I tweeted him for the hell of it, linking this thread. Asking him , do you realize that your are continuing to fuck up?

Response

Paul Christoforo ‏ @PaulChristoforo
@Iam2oldforthis bunch of losers in a forum wow

This gungetgooood

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
@PaulChristoforo And keep up the homophobia, it serves your other pleasant traits nicely.

The Sulu avatar makes it.

image.php

Holy shit I went through his twitter feed, this guy just does not get it. Despite my feelings about PA's snobbishness (just my opinion), this dude deserves to get burned. His oceanmarketing site is still up to!

Brilliant! :p

Replicant

Well, it takes a douchebag to know one.

Loxley

Mike and Jerry are actually similar to Kevin Smith with regards to their particular style of dickishness. Kevin Smith is an absolute saint around his fans, very humble and thankful, which is evidenced by the multitude of QA's he hosts. But if you get on his bad side...he'll tear you a knew asshole. And both Mike and Jerry have said a number of times that if pushed, they can and will become serious dicks. So it's not like they're exactly playing the victim here.

Basically they only fuck with people if they feel they really deserve it. But I mean, these are the same guys who started Child's Play, there are seriously plenty of worse people out there in the world.

frequency

When I was first reading this about this prank/troll/whatever, I was thinking "that was really uncalled for." But then I see his responses and any sympathy I had was gone. I don't know how a person can be so unlikable.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Are we really a bunch of losers when Paul initially had his own defense force earlier in this thread? :)

Ketch

It's okay if the PA guys are assholes.... it's like the end of batman... they are whatever we need them to be... spiteful protectors...

Jerry is pretty rad and I've never heard anything bad about him, but god Mike is the worst type of person. He's a troll, but the not type where his opinions are fake, but rather they are just unpopular, and he trolls by lording that around.

You'd expect him and a site like PA to be 100% pro-gamer, but he's a huge industry apologist. He hates used games, misrepresents arguments of gamers and mocks them, and blatantly turns a blind eye to companies that pay them commissions.

He's gross. I'm glad PAX is not influenced by such an attitude.

jaxword

It's pretty well known that Jerry is a straight up guy and that Mike takes pride in being a petty troll. This goes back to the wayyyyyyy old days when they were just two guys with a website and forum. I remember being like 12 and seeing Jerry be calm and rational online while Mike would permaban anyone who didn't believe in Jesus.

Riggs

Banned
Jerry is pretty rad and I've never heard anything bad about him, but god Mike is the worst type of person. He's a troll, but the not type where his opinions are fake, but rather they are just unpopular, and he trolls by lording that around.

You'd expect him and a site like PA to be 100% pro-gamer, but he's a huge industry apologist. He hates used games, misrepresents arguments of gamers and mocks them, and blatantly turns a blind eye to companies that pay them commissions.

He's gross. I'm glad PAX is not influenced by such an attitude.

Ya well that is no good. Same reason I don't visit Kotaku or Destructoid because certain people on those sites do the same things you just talked about. Reason I <3 GAF I can get my news and don't have to deal with most of that bullshit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wait are people saying setting up a guy to expose how much of a fucking liar he is, is a childish prank and immature?

What the fuck?

Riggs

Banned
Wait are people saying setting up a guy to expose how much of a fucking liar he is, is a childish prank and immature?

What the fuck?

Sigh, did you even read most of the posts? Most people said he deserves it, but on the other side it's kind of immature on PA's part. After reading his tweets though I say fuck it he fully deserves it.

It's ok to look at shit from the other side sometimes man :D

Mike will act like a dick if he's being forced to, otherwise, he's a really nice and gentle person.

Jerry on Mike being a dick:

They managed to bring out a side of Gabriel (Mike) that I’ve only seen three or four times in twelve years, and only once directed at me: the implacable judge who becomes (without warning) the unadorned aggressor. You must work diligently to bring out this monster; a feat they managed in record time.

I used to have a degree of sympathy for him, but the guy portrays himself as such an irredeemable toolbag it's nigh impossible to maintain. Besides, he doesn't seem to mind the attention, quite the opposite, goading people on and whatnot.

In any case, this latest situation is all his own fault, as usual.

FyreWulff

It's pretty well known that Jerry is a straight up guy and that Mike takes pride in being a petty troll. This goes back to the wayyyyyyy old days when they were just two guys with a website and forum. I remember being like 12 and seeing Jerry be calm and rational online while Mike would permaban anyone who didn't believe in Jesus.

Mike had the entirety of Penny Arcade's forums deleted because someone call his wife names. They didn't come back until months later.

Why Paul may be a douche, trolling him for public embarrassment is a douche-bag move as well.

Mike doesn't know that it's better to stop giving the guy free exposure than to just let him wilt away. As it is, they spent a bunch of time setting up a prank while all the troll had to do was tweet. Everyone already knows he's a douchebag, this doesn't really add anything that we already don't know.

Jintor

Mike will act like a dick if he's being forced to, otherwise, he's a really nice and gentle person.

Jerry on Mike being a dick:

If I recall correctly, the only time Mike ever fought Jerry was when he threw him out of the house at Christmas because of an argument over religion. I think they have an armistice on that topic at the moment.

jaxword

If I recall correctly, the only time Mike ever fought Jerry was when he threw him out of the house at Christmas because of an argument over religion. I think they have an armistice on that topic at the moment.

Yeah, Mike's hardcore Christian and gets psychotically angry when it's questioned/criticized. They've lampshaded this even in the strip itself.

Yeah. They can't discuss religion and they can't play games one against the other. It's pretty much the only rules they have. Otherwise PA would just cease to exist.

There's a great PATV episode where they discuss Religion a bit:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/dvd-deleted-scenes-sample

For me, PAX East was the last unfinished plot line. And now that's done. Glad that got resolved. I hope they end the series because it'll be like Death Note if they continue this with any more arcs.

I had completely forgotten about him months ago. This just tells me PA are also childish and to avoid their site.

jaxword

I had completely forgotten about him months ago. This just tells me PA are also childish and to avoid their site.

Remember Penny Arcade is two people. Jerry AND Mike (and some coworkers too). Most of the petty vitriol is from Mike--Mike's twitter, Mike's blogposts, etc.

Jerry has stayed mostly out of it, and on the whole he's well known for being levelheaded and overall a good guy.

I think it's a bit unfair to condemn the organization as a whole when it's not both of them. Yes, he could probably throw a tantrum and stop Mike/Gabe, but sometimes you need to let your friends and partners do what they feel is right even if you disagree. And, really, the controller guy is a thug who keeps asking for it, especially as he clearly waited for PAX to "strike" again.

FyreWulff

Remember Penny Arcade is two people. Jerry AND Mike (and some coworkers too). Most of the petty vitriol is from Mike--Mike's twitter, Mike's blogposts, etc.

Jerry has stayed mostly out of it, and I think it's a bit unfair to condemn the organization as a whole when he's still a decent person. Yes, he could probably throw a tantrum and stop Mike/Gabe, but sometimes you need to let your friends and partners do what they feel is right even if you disagree.

Except their lawyer Khoo was behind it as well, and used the phrase "Oh we did", and they did it at their organization's event. Thus, it reflects on the entirety of the PA operation, whether the observer is enjoying the action or annoyed by it.

Yeah, Jerry might not be involved himself, but he's riding on the same ship as the rest of them.

Top Bottom