• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

VR PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread

Danknugz

Dec 7, 2020
This game looks awesome. Love me some Tony Hawk's and to have something similar in first person vr sounds great in theory. Early access coming soon.
It’s a real cool concept and well done, not sure how realistic and looks like a great formula for motion sickness though. I’d rather film in VR or maybe just cruise, or something like transition skating where you can carve/grind and not be jumping out of buildings and huge gaps, Tony hawk gamer style skating is too herky-jerky for vr IMO

also skating with your hands while standing up and being in VR is super weird, would be better to use your legs somehow maybe with vibe trackers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twinguistics

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020

Already made a thread about it but it's getting buried.
oh, I'm sure it'll be as popular as Frostpoint or that other recent shooter by Firewall devs...

there's also no point trying to get flatties excited over sub Overwatch VR clones with no huge jumps and snail pace...

Last edited:

Twinguistics

Jun 1, 2014
I think it looks interesting but it would need to be balanced and have a decent player base.

I'm sure there's room for one popular hero shooter in the vr space.

RaZoR No1

Jun 17, 2015
how good are AMD cards for VR? Especially with Oculus Air Link / Virtual Desktop.
Is the missing NVENC decoder a deal breaker?

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020

so Zenith is coming to psvr and Quest too, but this is probably the pc version? Why? Because even though it has PS2 graphics, Quest wouldn't be rendering shadows or grass like that, nor sure it can handle so many characters at once. Probably there will be fog.

Btw, MMO is dull as heck, huh? At least looks better than Orbus...

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
interesting interview with Impulse Gear about Larcenauts:

they speak a lot of "growing" out of limitations of psvr, but what I see is limited small maps with PS2 graphics for Quest. Plus, I'm pretty sure I could backtrack and fully turn with analog sticks in Farpoint, though yes, level design was the linear tunnel kind...

looks nice, but won't turn anyone's head like Overwatch VR would...

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020

9 minutes of Larcenauts on pc. Slow walk, some cool dash mechanics, no jumps, small arenas. I don't see any social interactions, only hands on guns - I mean even MMO Zenith is entirely missing head tracking for socializing...

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020

Hey, it's another of those made-for-VR games where the superior spatial interactions of VR are used to... push levers, connect dots etc

exciting

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020

this is great, though I never went that far in Skyrim yet. Also, unlikely the vanilla port on psvr has it...

what a huge game anyway, always a pleasure to be in...

Wonko_C

Jul 5, 2010
Cancun, Mexico.

Hey, it's another of those made-for-VR games where the superior spatial interactions of VR are used to... push levers, connect dots etc

exciting
Flatlanders call these: "walking simulators"

Greenh Hell looks interesting

this has a planned Quest port. Can you imagine how crap it will be? Song in the Smoke will just run better on Quest (and psvr)...
Reminds me of Far Cry a bit. Far Cry needs to come to VR, that way I would surely play those games for more than 5 minutes without getting bored.

Last edited:

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
there's now a RDR2 "VR mod":

it's "VR" in the same sense as RE7, GTAV, Alien Isolation or Subnautica: you can only look around, not touch anything besides your old gamepad... tbh, looks just like what people using vorpex came up with, do I wonder what's the point of a mod...

only Sony will make things happen, more ports like Hitman, please. Except for superior controls and hardware...

Last edited:

Twinguistics

Jun 1, 2014
there's now a RDR2 "VR mod":

it's "VR" in the same sense as RE7, GTAV, Alien Isolation or Subnautica: you can only look around, not touch anything besides your old gamepad... tbh, looks just like what people using vorpex came up with, do I wonder what's the point of a mod...

only Sony will make things happen, more ports like Hitman, please. Except for superior controls and hardware...
To be honest, I think stuff like this and vorpx look cool. Yeah motion controls are better but still being in the world and using a controller is cool, even just a 3d screen effect of vorpx sounds like an interesting way to play through a pancake game. There's room for all this stuff.

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
this was supposed to be better than Espire 1 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

oh but it's early access. Yeah, that's a forever excuse for indies.

Hitman 3 was shat upon and overlooked for having only 1 interactive hand with the tracked PS4 gamepad and no climbing or other gimmicky VR interaction and still is so much more of a delight to play in VR than these small indies... more engaging and far more enduring...

Mar 13, 2017
I have a link to the RDR VR mod

pm me with links to some epic pron videos and I'll send the link back to u

(i dont do anything for free, i should atleast get a fap out of it)

namekuseijin

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
this game didn't get much luck with those casual gamers on Quest, so it now got a pcvr release on Rift store:

looks pretty much the same, perhaps crisper textures and shadows

Reactions: Wonko_C