• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best co-op vr games

StueyDuck

Alright virtual beings who live on a higher plane then those pancake normies.

I've finally convinced a mate to invest in VR and to really blow his load we need the best of the best co-op VR experiences.

Both on oculus, I'm on the Rift s. So we are looking at PC/Steam VR

Currently we've got all the freebies and zero caliber, contractors and Arizona sunshine

Give me your recommendations, go!

Sleepwalker

I've finally convinced a mate to invest in VR and to really blow his load we need the best of the best co-op VR experiences.

Currently we've got all the freebies and zero caliber, contractors and Arizona sunshine

After the fall.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Nice. I was gonna say Arizona Sunshine but you got it. I've been doing coop on it with a buddy through PSVR and it's great fun. The DLC campaigns are fun too.

Crossfire Sierra Squad just released and that game is supposed to be a riot. 2 player campaign coop, people say it's like Time Crisis but with more freedom of movement.

Lots of good coop stuff but since I'm locked to PSVR/PSVR2 not sure what else to recommend. You got a bigger selection than us.

Oh, Zenith is fun too, MMO game, kinda jank in some ways but it's still lots of fun for what it is.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

After the fall.
Unfortunately he's a wimp when it comes to horror haha, I keep telling him it's basically left 4 dead but I guess he'll need his vr legs first maybe

On the list though
Nice. I was gonna say Arizona Sunshine but you got it. I've been doing coop on it with a buddy through PSVR and it's great fun. The DLC campaigns are fun too.

Crossfire Sierra Squad just released and that game is supposed to be a riot. 2 player campaign coop, people say it's like Time Crisis but with more freedom of movement.

Lots of good coop stuff but since I'm locked to PSVR/PSVR2 not sure what else to recommend. You got a bigger selection than us.

Oh, Zenith is fun too, MMO game, kinda jank in some ways but it's still lots of fun for what it is.
How is crossfire? I've seen mixed reviews but the game itself looks dope

I've the og PSVR and I'd love firewall on PC that game is too good, you are lucky on PSVR2 for that

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hellsweeper VR releases on 9/21 (I think) and that game looks amazing. Wall running, flips, the movement is wild and it's coop. That game has the potential to be something amazing.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Unfortunately he's a wimp when it comes to horror haha, I keep telling him it's basically left 4 dead but I guess he'll need his vr legs first maybe

On the list though

I haven't played it yet but I think the negative reviews are stemming from people who are upset that it isn't a firewall or pavlov type game. Crossfire is arcadey, it's not a sim style PvP. It's PvE.

I think the steam version did have some issues but honestly not sure. I'm definitely getting it for PSVR2 soon. Has a ton of content too from what people say.

Sleepwalker

On the list though

I've the og PSVR and I'd love firewall on PC that game is too good, you are lucky on PSVR2 for that
If hes not into horror maybe No Man's sky? Walkabout mini golf is also a great game but not a graphics powerhouse.

If you want him to be impressed just gotta have him play HL alyx to be fair haha

StueyDuck

I haven't played it yet but I think the negative reviews are stemming from people who are upset that it isn't a firewall or pavlov type game. Crossfire is arcadey, it's not a sim style PvP. It's PvE.

I think the steam version did have some issues but honestly not sure. I'm definitely getting it for PSVR2 soon. Has a ton of content too from what people say.
Ah sounds cool I'll give it more of a look then will see if we into it.

There's a cool siege vr game on PC called breachers but we are trying to avoid the heavy pvp stuff for now.
Pavlov is also really fun FPS but it's a lot more arcadey and dying and respawning all the time.
I love Pavlov, definitely the best fps controlling vr game

StueyDuck

If hes not into horror maybe No Man's sky? Walkabout mini golf is also a great game but not a graphics powerhouse.

If you want him to be impressed just gotta have him play HL alyx to be fair haha
No man's sky is a good call, we've been looking at those warplanes games so nms scratches both.

Walkabout minigolf is fantastic but he's not like a gamer, gamer. So to him it's kid stuff 🤣

Oh yeah alyx is amazing I've told him to get it in his own time. It's a must if you have vr

fart town usa

Gold Member

How is Zero Caliber? I just realized that's the same team that did A-Tech Cybernetic. That game kind of got roasted but it's one of my personal favorites for PSVR, the gunplay and tethering (hookshot) mechanic is so great. Like a Doom/Dead Space type indie game.

StueyDuck

How is Zero Caliber? I just realized that's the same team that did A-Tech Cybernetic. That game kind of got roasted but it's one of my personal favorites for PSVR, the gunplay and tethering (hookshot) mechanic is so great. Like a Doom/Dead Space type indie game.
It's decent enough, but it has a campaign at least and plenty to unlock, it's definitely got dumb bots but it wants you to be more call of duty super solider than something milsim like onward . The interactivity is decent though, you can equip your weapon attachments manually, reload clips manually and it has some fun liberties like being able to slap out an old clip with a new clip on any weapon. You can also pull out your friends clip or pull his pin on his grenade.

The game is usually available for cheap so for that price it's definitely worth it I feel.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's decent enough, but it has a campaign at least and plenty to unlock, it's definitely got dumb bots but it wants you to be more call of duty super solider than something milsim like onward . The interactivity is decent though, you can equip your weapon attachments manually, reload clips manually and it has some fun liberties like being able to slap out an old clip with a new clip on any weapon.

The game is usually available for cheap so for that price it's definitely worth it I feel.
Nice. I don't think it's on Sony's headsets but I'll have to check.

StueyDuck

I have another question as well as the star trek bridge crew

The break-in ? Anyone tried this in vr? Does it get boring after a few games, which is my same worry with star trek

Top Bottom