• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Superfan JayzTwoCents: "Maybe a PS5 is more my flavor at the moment"

Hot5pur

Poor PC ports are a problem but it's not quite catastrophic enough to say I'd rather be on consoles (30 FPS no thanks).
However, if this continues, and if GPU prices continue to stay high, anyone who is not a 60 FPS graphics whore will favor console. If pro consoles launch sub $600, PC gaming will just become an enthusiast thing.
I mostly play PC because you can get all the exclusives that way (eventually), and usually with better fidelity and 60+ FPS.

Fredrik

How old are you?
Th older I get, the more I felt pc is wasting my time, my patience and making me feel like a fool for having to deal with everything lol
How old are you? I’m 47, no problem finding the time to click on a settings menu and flick some switches for 30 seconds max. If I have to download hacks, then yeah, that’s not convenient. But I don’t do that often, it’s mostly for fun stuff like mods or VR modes.

On console my only option if I’m not satisfied is to go to a dev’s Twitter page and complain and hope they hear me and update the game with a tweaked preset, can take months and might not even be good enough. Tbh there are few things that annoy me as much as an unstable framerate combined with great graphics, high resolution and no settings menu. All I see is things that could’ve been dialed back that I’m not allowed to touch.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How old are you? I’m 47, no problem finding the time to click on a settings menu and flick some switches for 30 seconds max. If I have to download hacks, then yeah, that’s not convenient. But I don’t do that often, it’s mostly for fun stuff like mods or VR modes.

On console my only option if I’m not satisfied is to go to a dev’s Twitter page and complain and hope they hear me and update the game with a tweaked preset, can take months and might not even be good enough. Tbh there are few things that annoy me as much as an unstable framerate combined with great graphics, high resolution and no settings menu. All I see is things that could’ve been dialed back that I’m not allowed to touch.
I am 34. I just like using console more as a "full, as we intended package".
As I've said. I pick every game based on some opinions and get either pc or ps5 version.
Ignorance is bliss and I have auto ignorance on console since I can't do anything about it's problems huh

Last edited:

yamaci17

My pc is fine. Even if I tried, I am not sure what I could do to damage it lol.
Besides, 2023 is year of Forspoken. I shat more on pc in 2022
is not fine
10 gb vram , huge pitfall of 3080 (3080 is capable of pushing more graphics, but vram is holding back, making you unable to retreat your settings. practically, u would be a happier person if u had a 6800xt / 3090 im sure u have the budget too. i dont know why you are obsessed to keep it)
3700x , a gigantic bottleneck for anything above a rtx 3060/2060 super. simple as that. zen 2 is simply not capable of keeping up with a 3080. heck, zen 2 is not even capable of pushing ps5's GPU to its maximum potential if you want to push high framerates.

so your problem: you re a dude who can enjoy games at 30 40 FPS. your logic is u can get away with crap CPU, no problem. but you also push extreme settings that gpu can only render 35 45 fps or so. hence , you run into a vram limitation then.

practically, your system is badly balanced whether you accept or not. in your mind, sacrifices you make makes sense, but in practically, it doesn't work.

then even if you relax settings and be cpu bound and target high framerates, zen 2 craps out again. its a double edged sword

get a 6800xt. i can bet you can still get 30 40 fps playable ray tracing experience out of it. its not really that afar from 3080, at least can go on par with 3070 (see hub 3070 vs 6800 videos). you simply bet on wrong horse, and its time to back away from ur decision.

6800xt would also give ur dogcrap zen 2 some legs since it has %10 to 25 less cpu bound driver overhead.

Madflavor

Even as a PC Gamer I can't help but see this as karma for all the years Console Players had to suffer hearing "Lol PC Master Race!"

I worked a side gig in the summer of 2020 so I could save up for a monster of a build fitted with an RTX 3080. When I look back on the last couple of years of what PC games I've played and what they offered me, honestly I would've been just as happy going for a more budgeted PC build. The cost and work that went into getting a High End PC so far hasn't justified the reward. Especially now that we're seeing games becoming more and more VRAM hungry. I'm not saying I outright regret it, but I'm definitely disappointed.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
is not fine
10 gb vram , huge pitfall of 3080 (3080 is capable of pushing more graphics, but vram is holding back, making you unable to retreat your settings. practically, u would be a happier person if u had a 6800xt / 3090 im sure u have the budget too. i dont know why you are obsessed to keep it)
3700x , a gigantic bottleneck for anything above a rtx 3060/2060 super. simple as that. zen 2 is simply not capable of keeping up with a 3080. heck, zen 2 is not even capable of pushing ps5's GPU to its maximum potential if you want to push high framerates.

so your problem: you re a dude who can enjoy games at 30 40 FPS. your logic is u can get away with crap CPU, no problem. but you also push extreme settings that gpu can only render 35 45 fps or so. hence , you run into a vram limitation then.

practically, your system is badly balanced whether you accept or not. in your mind, sacrifices you make makes sense, but in practically, it doesn't work.

then even if you relax settings and be cpu bound and target high framerates, zen 2 craps out again. its a double edged sword

get a 6800xt. i can bet you can still get 30 40 fps playable ray tracing experience out of it. its not really that afar from 3080, at least can go on par with 3070 (see hub 3070 vs 6800 videos). you simply bet on wrong horse, and its time to back away from ur decision.

6800xt would also give ur dogcrap zen 2 some legs since it has %10 to 25 less cpu bound driver overhead.
I doubt 3700x is bottlenecking 3080 playing at 4k. not a chance.
I do have a plan to put 5800x3D in there if I saw one cheap though.
And 3080 haveing 10gb vram is crap. I know. But it's nothing I am doing wrong with my pc. My pc is not broken... It just just what it is.

But in not way it is badly balanced. 3700x was almost top of the line. So was 3080 on release day.
I would get 6950xt if I knew how bad that 10gb of vram will hit. But 3700x was still a good choice. nothing is using it from what I can notice. Maybe if I played high fps.

yamaci17

And 3080 haveing 10gb vram is crap. I know. But it's nothing I am doing wrong with my pc. My pc is not broken... It just just what it is.

But in not way it is badly balanced. 3700x was almost top of the line. So was 3080 on release day.
I would get 6950xt if I knew how bad that 10gb of vram will hit. But 3700x was still a good choice. nothing is using it from what I can notice. Maybe if I played high fps.
u're pushing too much 4k on 3080. 10 gb really falls short there. the more you're trying to be gpu bound (and there's nothing wrong with that) the more VRAM load you push.

3700x is fine if u target low fps/4k/ultra settings. but sadly, 3080 is exact opposite. most NV fanboys (im not one, mind you, never). target 1440p meaningless high framerate. and nvidia plays to their hand. look at the 4070ti, framegen, all that shit. do u know frame gen also requires additional 1 gig worth of vram in most games? most PC folks at this point agreed 10 12 gb is okayish for 1440p/HFR. 10 12 gb STILL becomes problematic if u push 1440p/low framerate/super duper ultra ray tracing. (case in point, hogwarts legacy + a plag tale requiem and so forth).

so its to do with how people perceive these cards nowadays. from what I gather, 4k folks that got 3080s 3090s already moved on to 4080s 4090s. people who got it for 1440p will truck along . i know u hate 1440p (i dont like it much either). but it is what it is.

going forward, I daresay, 16 gb is "min" to be "comfortable" at 4k.

btw 3700x was never top of the line as it barely beat 8700k (2017 competitior xd) 9700k made quick work of 3700x anyways

how is it top of the line xd but thats another topic (amd never properly competed until zen 3. zen 2 / zen were cheap tho)

3080 10 gigs at 4k is designed to only last 2 3 years. sad reality :/ dlss wont help much as u still load high quality 4k lods and textures

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I'm sure Jayzerocredibility will leave his gifted 4090 so he can play Jedi Survivor at 720p 17 fps on his PS5.

Yeah, he’s click baiting

Like Hardware unboxed always being AMD biased in their videos for a long time, it’s more clicks when the underdog goes against big bad evil monopoly… but Steve has Nvidia and Intel in his rig 😂 (last I recall)

TheBreezyBB

For me, i was always a pc gamer with some playstation in between for fifa,final fantasy and some other playstation exclusive games.

PS3 era you could still buy or build a pc around or a bit higher than the price of PS3, same with PS4, then pandemic happened and you can't even buy or build a decent PC for half what the PS5 is to enjoy something even remotely decent.

That alone, along with the state the economy is worldwide, will make the shift to PS5 much easier, i'm expecting numbers close to PS2 era.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
u're pushing too much 4k on 3080. 10 gb really falls short there. the more you're trying to be gpu bound (and there's nothing wrong with that) the more VRAM load you push.

3700x is fine if u target low fps/4k/ultra settings. but sadly, 3080 is exact opposite. most NV fanboys (im not one, mind you, never). target 1440p meaningless high framerate. and nvidia plays to their hand. look at the 4070ti, framegen, all that shit. do u know frame gen also requires additional 1 gig worth of vram in most games? most PC folks at this point agreed 10 12 gb is okayish for 1440p/HFR. 10 12 gb STILL becomes problematic if u push 1440p/low framerate/super duper ultra ray tracing. (case in point, hogwarts legacy + a plag tale requiem and so forth).

so its to do with how people perceive these cards nowadays. from what I gather, 4k folks that got 3080s 3090s already moved on to 4080s 4090s. people who got it for 1440p will truck along . i know u hate 1440p (i dont like it much either). but it is what it is.

btw 3700x was never top of the line as it barely beat 8700k (2017 competitior xd) 9700k made quick work of 3700x anyways

how is it top of the line xd but thats another topic (amd never properly competed until zen 3. zen 2 / zen were cheap tho)

3080 10 gigs at 4k is designed to only last 2 3 years. sad reality :/

for sure 16gb is what I would consider a starting point if I looked for a new gpu nowadays. When I got the 3080 on release, the 12gb version was not out for months.
To be honest, 4k and ultra settings are fine. It's the RT that eats vram like crazy

DavidGzz

No joke, my PC only friend who is having issues with Star Wars locking up wishes he would have bought it for PS5. Sad AF since he has a 4090 lmao. Are devs working from home with A.I. generated resumés?

Hot5pur

3080 10 gigs at 4k is designed to only last 2 3 years. sad reality :/ dlss wont help much as u still load high quality 4k lods and textures

Mostly agree but my experience is that I can do 4k60 without turning down too many things native and 4k60 with raytracing in many games with DLSS.

The 3080 will likely be fine for 4k for another 2 years or so but I wouldn't buy anything with less than 16 GB VRAM for 4k right now to avoid messing with settings / occasional stutters.

I get we'll have a premium to play on PC for the best experience but given the port quality I'm not sure people will want to invest in the PC. Like dropping $2k on a high end PC to play broken ports that needs months of fixes? Yeesh

LostDonkey

I bought a PS5 and Series X at the start of this gen instead of bothering to upgrade my 6700k/1070 combo because I just couldn't justify the prices.

I just use the PC as a media server now.

I prefer Mac.
Though I think Windows based handheld might a way forward - they play games, cheaper, can be connected to external monitors and performance is more or less enough for people who are not into "TO 200FPS!!"

Last edited:

Akuji

At least you were honest, there's no shortage of PC gaming die-hards that straight up lie when asked about the true cost and skill-level required to build a PC.

"Oh, sure...you can build one for $500 that will work just as good as a PS5."

"Oh, sure....these things are basically fool-proof when putting together. You'll be done in an hour or two, tops."
To be fair. A Standard PC should be assambled within 3 hours by an adult. Even if its their first one ever. My first PC took me 2 hours when i Was 13 and had way less ressources like youtube or reddit as it is today.

If your unable to read the quick install guides that come with pretty much everything or are unable to identify that the Power switch is indeed a switch with cables to the motherboard then thats on you.

Some people have trouble throwing pasta into water and get it out in time. We cant build the World around those.

That being said. PC gaming sucks right now.

Lokaum D+

i droped PC gaming for PS5 and dont regret one bit.

its so good to just boot the game and play it, without any concern about perfomance, glitches, graphics settings, optimization, crashes, stutter and list goes on and on, i still have my PC but i just use it to play Rust or Diablo3 with some friends.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
My PS5 is gathering dust I paid 500 euros for games I can already get on a console I already own the PlayStation 4 sure they're run a bit better but was it worth the 500 plus 80 euros for an upgrade version of a game? Absolutely fucking not not a hope in hell was it worth the money I paid.

Most of my life growing up from the mid 80s buying a new system meant playing games you couldn't get on the older system it's just something I've been used to yet this gen is full of remakes and upgraded versions. Again versions that cost 80 euros to play what's a PlayStation 4 version costs for 60 it's like you're charging me to move my graphics sliders on my PC.

PC gaming being trash right now is it PC's fault or developers fault? I love gaming but I think the whole industry right now is absolutely shit. Far too many broken/buggy launches followed by upgraded titles and early access bs. Maybe I should dust off the PS5 but to play what?

Last edited:
PC gaming being trash right now is it PC's fault or developers fault? I love gaming but I think the whole industry right now is absolutely shit. Far too many broken/buggy launches followed by upgraded titles and early access bs.
I do find it odd that for some reason this gen (though I am not - was last gen just as bad) tons of games have broken PC builds. There were some theories on that but we can't say what exactly wrong. Granted there are more game developers these days meaning that there are more and more people who have no idea what they are doing.

Wouldn't surprise me if PS5 Pro marketing will be aimed at the PC crowd.
It runs Windows, supports Steam and modding?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No- but it sure as hell is my use case. My 7900XT PC is basically a large RGB console. Its even attached to a Lg C1 TV.

Make videos? No.
Program? No.
Banking? Nope- phone for that.
YouTube? Nah- phone.
Mods? Nada.

🤷‍♂️

Even if we’re just discussing games.

- mods
- unmatched library of games spanning decades
- price competition among digital storefronts, frequency of sales, bundles, key trading/selling

There’s so much that makes PC gaming great.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ignorance is bliss and I have auto ignorance on console since I can't do anything about it's problems huh

It’s always strange to me that the ability to adjust a games settings to gain performance or get it to your liking, is portrayed as a negative.

Like some people would just rather turn the game on and it is what it is, because on consoles there’s nothing you can do about it.

Like I’m one million percent sure that if PS5 users has the ability to adjust settings to get Returnal running at 60fps, they wouldn’t hesitate for a second - regardless of what they say about not wanting to play with settings.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
These threads always bring out people's most doom laden, apocalyptic tendencies. PC gaming isn't 'the worst it's ever been'. It also isn't 'the best it's ever been'. Gaming, as a whole, is in a fairly dire state right now, and so many of the games that have problems on the PC are broken on other platforms, too. That's not an indication that it's the platforms - something has gone wrong with software development. I think that what we have seen is a sudden spike in the requirements for a capable gaming PC, and a lot of people got caught with their pants down, thinking that their 3080 systems would be good to go for 5 or 6 years.

There are a few things that are true here, I think. PC gaming has always been expensive and niche. Particularly at the high end. It's an enthusiast hobby, for enthusiasts. It isn't meant to be 'for everyone', and it certainly isn't meant to compete on price. Pointing out how cheap a PS5 can be bought for is utterly meaningless. But, I think that during the early 2010s, a lot of people became 'PC gamers' due to the rise of streaming, F2P games, and Steam's notoriety for sales, and at the time, low/mid-tier builds were competitive with the PS4/XBO due to the fairly limited performance of those systems. That was never going to last.

So, PC gaming is back to where it was in the 1990's. It's an expensive hobbyist space for enthusiasts who have the time and money to do it. Yep, there's busted ports, that should never have seen the light of day. Situation normal. Situation annoying, certainly, but normal. My 12900k + 4090 build can power through anything - Jedi Survivor is a terrible, terrible technical mess, but when I play the PC version, it's still better than the PS5 version.

Full disclosure - I own all of the platforms. For the last 12 months, I've actually spent a lot of time with the PS5. I bought many games on the PS5 instead of the PC, because I had a 3080 build that was rapidly aging. I love the PS5 - weirdly, Gran Turismo is one of the best games I've played in years. But, a PS5 doesn't scratch the itch like a PC does. So, I'm moving in the opposite direction to Jayztwocents. After upgrading, the PC is the platform I'm most happy with, despite it's challenges. And, paired with a Steam Deck? Unbeatable. If you can afford it, and have the time.

Chiggs

These threads always bring out people's most doom laden, apocalyptic tendencies. PC gaming isn't 'the worst it's ever been'. It also isn't 'the best it's ever been'.

I both agree and disagree with your statement. You're definitely right that this sort of topic takes a turn toward "it's the end of PC gaming," which I absolutely don't believe...but it's also very hard for me to ignore what's going on currently.

And I say this as someone who lived through the glory days of PC gaming. This is affectionately known as the Quake to Crysis era, which lasted from June 22, 1996 - November 13, 2007. That era had it all: reasonably-priced hardware, envelope-pushing visuals, and exclusives galore (Half-Life, Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R., Unreal, Deus Ex, Diablo 2, Doom 3, and Far Cry are just a handful of examples).

It just hasn't been the same since....not that there haven't been bright spots. Just not as bright...or consistent.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It’s always strange to me that the ability to adjust a games settings to gain performance or get it to your liking, is portrayed as a negative.

Like some people would just rather turn the game on and it is what it is, because on consoles there’s nothing you can do about it.

Like I’m one million percent sure that if PS5 users has the ability to adjust settings to get Returnal running at 60fps, they wouldn’t hesitate for a second - regardless of what they say about not wanting to play with settings.
Returnal is running 60fps.
But this is the beauty of console for me. Just to play.
Not always in the mood to optimise and tinker on pc.

moniker

PC gaming has been in a way worse place than now in the past. Sure, if you only want to play AAA games on release day PS5 might be a better option, otherwise PC is (still) fine.

simpatico

I understand his position, consoles are just so much more expensive. Not up front costs per se, but having spent a long time on both sides, PC is a lot cheaper if you're not chasing specs. I've had the same PC for all of last gen. 1080 and 6700k. Still playing any game not named Jedi Survivor or TLOU at 60fps. I like the little rabbit holes available to me on PC too. I'm on a SHMUP kick, playing DariusBurst CS and Mushihimesama lately. That's the kind of stuff I'd miss. The past few months have been brutal, I was planning on buying Jedi Survivor and TLOU but skipped both because I know I can't get a playable framerate. My last GPU was a 680 GTX, so I like getting some longevity out of my builds. Maybe I'll break down and get a 4070Ti. We're so far into the gen, if the 2 big recent titles are just a fluke, I might even try to hold out til PS6. Until these past couple games I thought I could easily make it. 5080 looking good hopefully.

Last edited:

Crayon

PC does so many things that a console can't do and is better in the end imo. But for the last two years, price v performance goes to consoles handily. PC fans are crowing about their mad gpus beating consoles like making consoles look like crap is an automatic feature of any good pc. Then they turn around and tell the newbie that they can get some $700 mid stuff that is good enough for THEM. Yeah that advantage has slipped but it's made worse by the myth that you have to go big or go home.

In a meme:

"When you have a 4090 and haven't told anyone in ten minutes"
KrxhkC0_pBp29Zl1uJPCCSzBkKXCcPGbw43kySWakE4.jpg

Last edited:
Used to love pc gaming, but once u have kids, barely have time for playing on consoles, let alone messing with game settings updating drivers, looking for mods to o fix games etc, I feel like if there is a ps5 pro coming, its gonna be really bad for pc gaming.

iHaunter

PC is currently going through a sad phase. With that said, its benefits far outweigh consoles even considering that. Remember how MS just nuked emulation on Series consoles like that? My emulators are fine on PC. PC is freedom and so long as consoles remain locked down curated experiences, I will never prefer that to PC. Just the idea of having to pay some CEO $50 just to access online mode in a $70 game riddled with DLC/microtransactions is repulsive to me. So shamelessly monetized around every corner.
A PC does yes. A gaming PC does not outweigh consoles.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
And I say this as someone who lived through the glory days of PC gaming. This is affectionately known as the Quake to Crysis era, which lasted from June 22, 1996 - November 13, 2007. That era had it all: reasonably-priced hardware, envelope-pushing visuals, and exclusives galore (Half-Life, Half-Life 2, F.E.A.R., Unreal, Deus Ex, Diablo 2, Doom 3, and Far Cry are just a handful of examples).
I'd extend that at the back to somewhere around 1987. The creativity and diversity in PC gaming pre-Quake was absolutely mindblowing, with one foot in 8bit micro gaming, and the other in what we now think of as 'PC gaming'. 1987 - 2007 sounds reasonable.

But, it's not so much that it's the golden era of 'PC gaming'. It's the golden era of gaming. Shortly after 2007, by the early 2010's, we saw the beginning of many of the practices that enthusiast forums like Gaf tend to detest. Wasn't Horse Armour around 2007? To me, once the PS4/XBO generation began, and Minecraft/Fortnite/PUBG/etc. flooded the PC platform with PCMR idiots, gaming was never the same.

But, I certainly don't disagree with what you're saying.

Chiggs

Wasn't Horse Armour around 2007? To me, once the PS4/XBO generation began, and Minecraft/Fortnite/PUBG/etc. flooded the PC platform with PCMR idiots, gaming was never the same.

Ha, I think you're right. Strangely enough, The Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion was the first time where I noticed just how much better the console version (in this case, the Xbox 360) was than the PC version at launch. It was definitely more polished and provided both HDR and AA at the same time...whereas the PC didn't have that.

Fucking Bethesda...those goddamn innovators.

Last edited:

Loope

What's the point of even using the public forum to discourse?
You delete people on sidewalk and on the train too?
How are you supposed to compare your views and better yourself without confronting opposite opinions?
What's the point of discussing with adults that act like idiotic children? You're discussing, other people are discussing and many are just here to get a rise of pc only gamers, that's it. And it's always the same people. Always. IF blocking them, gives him a better time reading the forum, i can't see nothing wrong with it.

Loope

Why are you thinking of upgrading your pc if you suffer so much with it? Just sell it, unless you also use to work.

Loope

Used to love pc gaming, but once u have kids, barely have time for playing on consoles, let alone messing with game settings updating drivers, looking for mods to o fix games etc, I feel like if there is a ps5 pro coming, its gonna be really bad for pc gaming.
I have a kid. I don't do long hours of gaming, but in the past year i didn't have to tinker anything and i have middle level machine at best. I seriously don't know what you do with your pcs that you have to tinker with so many stuff. I work and game on this pc, autocad not a problem, excel not a problem, FEM structural software (at least 4 different packages) not a problem, Blender 3D not a problem. Gaming, same stuff. I understand some people might have problems but it's not widespread as you all make it look like.

Many big games I prefer on console because I know it will “just work”

There’s always issues on PC, shit not booting up, controls not being recognized or mapping not taking, regular crashes, ect, it’s been going on since I was a kid and has never gotten better over the last 20+ years.

Consoles are way more stable.

Buggy Loop

Many big games I prefer on console because I know it will “just work”

There’s always issues on PC, shit not booting up, controls not being recognized or mapping not taking, regular crashes, ect, it’s been going on since I was a kid and has never gotten better over the last 20+ years.

Consoles are way more stable.

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

What the hell

Sprinkle some « no comfy couch » and you have a meme copypasta

hyperbertha

PC is in a bad spot right now and yeah PS5 seems like the best product to tide the transition the PC space is going through but everything will pass eventually.

If you’re impatient or are enticed by what Sony is offering, it’s not a bad choice to do. It’s not an either or. You can enjoy both for what it is.
You are discounting the very reason fan boys exist in the first place. When you can afford only one, it is either or. :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Braag

What's the point of even using the public forum to discourse?
You delete people on sidewalk and on the train too?
How are you supposed to compare your views and better yourself without confronting opposite opinions?
No I don't delete people on sidewalk but I do ignore them, kinda like I do here if they tend to just shitpost and not actually want to discuss games. The ignore button exists there for a reason.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Why are you thinking of upgrading your pc if you suffer so much with it? Just sell it, unless you also use to work.
Without a good pc on hand, I think I would feel like something is missing. That 600 games steam library for example.

Sleepwalker

This happens every console transition. People bring up the infamous Arkham Knight port a lot, but they forget that was a then-next gen PS4/XBone game similar to what Hogwarts Legacy, Jedi Survivor etc are now.

What I deeply dislike about the PC gaming community is the downplaying of how common the issues are and how annoying they can be to fix, I spent a ton of time trying to troubleshoot Death Stranding to no avail, eventually just dropping the issue and moving on to the next game. Just yesterday I spent an hour and half of my weekend trying to figure out why Discord won't start on my PC, issue was solved but at the expense of my weekend enjoyment.

Playing the expensive spec game should reduce those issues, not exacerbate them!
Hah pretty much. I love my PC but it has given me so many headaches this year, my nvme died with all my info, I bought extra RAM and it wouldn't post etc. Just last night I was playing some football manager and suddenly one of my monitors started flashing rgb colors randomly (it fixed itself after a while). Its just not a super smooth experience, with that said I love both my PC and my PS5.

My series X is like the middle child, no one cares about it.

Top Bottom