• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch World Cup 2017 Thread: Kimchi vs Baguettes [Group Stages]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Austria won their first fight

The comeback is real lol

Syf

Banned
Not sure what else to say about that match

Just

zsEy0SV.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zunba and mano by themselves killed the rest of the poland team even when poland killed the rest of South korea lmao.

Zunba and mano by themselves killed the rest of the poland team even when poland killed the rest of South korea lmao.

mano on winston at the end of dorado was crazy.

I still want a Clip of fl0w3r on Pharah when he dodged Pharah ult, then proceeded to kill mercy in the air and then pharah in the air. I think that was the most impressive play.

I would be embarrassed if I designed Overwatch.

No way Poland shouldn't have claimed second point of Horizon. Even if they got wiped on defence, the nature of winning a team fight and then getting stalled by some bullshit cheese abilities makes your eSport look like shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

No way Poland shouldn't have claimed second point of Horizon. Even if they got wiped on defence, the nature of winning a team fight and then getting stalled by some bullshit cheese abilities makes your eSport look like shit.

No, they just didn't capture it clean.

There's some bullshit in 2CP but the top tier teams know how to clean their plate. In the APEX finals the 2CPs constantly went to the second round, and even in the second round they also managed to capture both points.

In fact both 2CPs had to be decided by a tiebreaker because none of them can hold both points.

gotta team kill. that just goes to show the difference in skill level. as you could see, Korea didn't have that problem on the same part of that map.

theres already alot of things in place that prevents stalling, thats how good korea is.

Stalling use to be WAAAAAY worse back in Apex season 1

No, they just didn't capture it clean.

There's some bullshit in 2CP but the top tier teams know how to clean their plate. In the APEX finals the 2CPs constantly went to the second round, and even in the second round they also managed to capture both points.

In fact both 2CPs had to be decided by a tiebreaker because none of them can hold both points.

It doesn't matter if top tier teams know how to cheese it. It's poor design and has been a complaint not only in tournaments but pubs since the game came out. There's a reason only Overwatch tries to make this piece of shit mode work.

It doesn't matter if top tier teams know how to cheese it. It's poor design and has been a complaint not only in tournaments but pubs since the game came out. There's a reason only Overwatch tries to make this piece of shit mode work.

defending team should always have SOME sort of chance to stall and defend.

People complained about stalling on 2CP a long time ago when it was really bad.
They've addressed stalling already. Where it's at now is pretty good.

defending team should always have SOME sort of chance to stall and defend.

People complained about stalling on 2CP a long time ago when it was really bad.
They've addressed stalling already. Where it's at now is pretty good.

No they shouldn't. You lose a decisive team fight when you're stationed on point, you deserve to lose the point.

No they shouldn't. You lose a decisive team fight when you're stationed on point, you deserve to lose the point.

things shouldn't always be black and white like that. Even with that said, S.Korea didn't DECISIVELY lose the team fight, which is WHY they were able to stall and clear point B.

Poland couldn't team kill them and truly win the fight. They just got picks slowly, and couldn't finish the stragglers, while in turn, Korea was staggering Poland's respawns in the process. That's on Poland.

things shouldn't always be black and white like that. Even with that said, S.Korea didn't DECISIVELY lose the team fight, which is WHY they were able to stall and clear point B.

Poland couldn't team kill them and truly win the fight. They just got picks slowly, and couldn't finish the stragglers, while in turn, Korea was staggering Poland's respawns in the process. That's on Poland.

They literally won a team fight and got two ticks. The only reason Korea came back was because the spawn is so absurdly fucking close. This is of course not to mention defender's double advantage in being able to randomly change to whatever the fuck whilst the attackers cant. It's inherently unbalanced.

They literally won a team fight and got two ticks. The only reason Korea came back was because the spawn is so absurdly fucking close.

they didn't team kill them. winning a team fight is different from a team kill.

secondly, when you win a team fight on point B, you shut down the staggered spawns if you don't team kill. they couldn't do that. that is on Poland.

also, I think you misunderstood what he was saying. He was saying the top tier teams could not stall and hold the caps cause both teams knew how to shut it down. So there is no "cheese" involved.

Veelk

Banned
Aw, I missed Poland v South Korea.

But from the comments, they managed to get a hit in? So they did better than Austria?

Aw, I missed Poland v South Korea.

But from the comments, they managed to get a hit in? So they did better than Austria?

yea they did better.

I mean again, to be fair, the 1 point they captured was point A on Lunar Colony, which is like the easiest point to get in the game. but on other maps, they won fights

Syf

Banned
Missed it, 6AM start on a Saturday a little too ambitious. Good to hear Poland put up some fight though. Gogo Canada

Veelk

Banned
Poland putting up a valiant but futile fight against a superior foe feels like a national pastime at this point. But Poland managed to bloody SK's nose atleast, so we got that atleast.

Wow I just watched Ryujehong just sleep the Genji Ult. What is this the 12th time this happened during the qualifiers?

Also atleast SK aims to entertain with off meta picks.

Top Bottom