• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Feeling ill today so only managed a couple of brawl games but I finally got to try out D'va and my first thought was "wtf, why does she move so slowly when shooting? That makes no sense and should be changed". Also her damage is pathetic.

You gotta get closer. The damage drop off is steep to say the least.

That map with the rectangular room in ilios is hell to approach with a good widow.

To clarify I'm also taking about console where there are no good Widowmakers.

Had one on my team who absolutely refused to get on the point, even during overtime. Just chose a perch and took potshots, didn't even toss a venom mine. Never saw her name come up in the feed, kills or deaths. After the first loss the other team just ignored her completely.

It would be pretty funny if we kept naming the OT's based on the numerous overwatch discussion threads that keep popping up... but White, White, Blue, White is WAY too good to pass on

VexyWexy

This just happened in Brawl, the other team had 5 D.Va lol...

This week's Brawl is great. We had our whole team picking Zenyatta with the idea it would guarantee we didn't spawn as Zenyatta.

Then one round everyone single one of us spawned as Zenyatta. Good times.

kagamin

Man, maybe when McCree gets a nerf people will stop wasting that spot. The enemy team I was facing kept complaining about their McCree repeatedly (team of 5 and one solo I'm guessing), but he didn't leave after they lost once and kept using the spot.

Heng

This week's Brawl is great. We had our whole team picking Zenyatta with the idea it would guarantee we didn't spawn as Zenyatta.

Then one round everyone single one of us spawned as Zenyatta. Good times.

Damn that sounds amazing... How did that end up for you?

So my favorite OT3 titles I've seen so far are:

Overwatch |OT3| White White Blue White
Overwatch |OT3| 50% of the Time You Win Everytime

styl3s

Getting connection issues today, booted back to login. welp
I finally got on and joined a game right as DEFEATED showed up on the screen and i could go on a long winded rant on how fucking stupid putting you in a game that is ending is but i will save it for another day.

Now i get disconnected from games every few minutes guess i will have to try and play after NXT.

Should McCree be able to throw a flashbang above Reinhardt's shield? This seems like complete BS.

This aspect seems right to me. If a McCree can get that close, he deserves it. A get out of jail free shield is what would be BS.

The problem people have is whether or not he should be able to double fan the hammer a Reinhardt to death.

I'd definitely like to see him get a push back ability similar to Lucio. He's a tank, but almost any of the offensive heroes melt him. Better hope you can jump away, because that's the only way you're not dying if you run into one most of the time.

I disagree with almost any of the offensive heroes. Reaper and McCree have favorable matchups with him right now and McCree's damage is about to get nerfed so we'll see how that ends up. He has a very favorable matchup against Genji, Genji's a low dps character whose deflect has no effect on Winston's gun. He also matches favorably with Tracer, you might not kill her fast, but she has no real means of killing you minus getting stuck. Pharah's a matchup I'd say is 50/50, she only has 200 HP and you can jump up to attack her with your gun, you only need to hit her for 4 seconds to kill her, but she has an obvious mobility advantage. Soldier is another I'd say is 50/50, it depends on how much hurt he can dish out on you before you get in range, he also has a heal that would mitigate Winston's damage during its duration, but you should be sturdy enough to kill him before he kills you if you start at full health.

Zemm

You gotta get closer. The damage drop off is steep to say the least.

ah right. Well I doubt I'll play her much because that slow movement when shooting doesn't feel good to me, hopefully that's one of the upcoming changes.

No such thing as a good Mei PotG, or "Mei of the Game" if you will.

speaking of mei still. there was a guy in the team on gibralter. he was so salty we had lucio and sym on attack. he didn't say anything really until maybe the last 30 seconds of the game. he got mad, switched from rein to mei and ice walled people in spawn. lol

jediyoshi

first spawn of mystery brawl, blizzplz

3F971eo.png

nelchaar

I wish the enemy team would have a widow and be down a player. Oh fuck no, they've got snap headshot aim and will take down three people in the air before they even see her.

AND THEN THEY'LL STILL LOSE

Seriously, just played against an amazing Widow who was even moving the payload. But on my team? Never.

Zeliard

Feeling ill today so only managed a couple of brawl games but I finally got to try out D'va and my first thought was "wtf, why does she move so slowly when shooting? That makes no sense and should be changed". Also her damage is pathetic.

Dva can do quite good damage but she needs to be very close to her opponent. But if you boost up to someone and start raining bullets into their head for crits, they're not going to last very long, and Dva can chase for ages since her boost CD is so low. Dva also benefits a lot in those sorts of aggressive attacks by having no need whatsoever to reload. She has to be one of the best heroes in the game at taking out Mercy, since she can simply boost after her when Mercy flies off and finish the job.

Dva's biggest problem is that she goes down very hard to focused attacks since her critical hitbox is the size of the moon, so I hope that when they buff her, they tweak her survivability. I actually think her damage output is in a good spot; it's just that too many don't play her as the aggressive flanking tank she's meant to be, and really run right up to people's faces before shooting.

Ketch

the time they give me a POTG with mei it's a shitty one. used ult and then 4 alt fires on a sniper. 2 misses and 2 hit. RIP.

This happens to me with genji all the time. I pull off cool looking triple kills fairly often but the only time I get potg with genji is like when I'm just killing one or two people with the sword while they're standing there not looking.

redhot_

Fuck Torbjorn defence teams on console, you're not even good and you look duuuusty.

The tracking on those damn things are just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom