• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 | Season 1 & New Hero Kiriko Announced

jorgejjvr

Why can't I play ranked?
LZqH8QX.jpg

ManaByte

Only able to play on a Switch Lite right now but I’m really liking it. Tanking with D‘va and support with Kiriko.

Dynasty8

First time player... Man this game is fun. Makes me regret never buying OW1. I know people are hating on the whole F2P model, but making the game free has already sold me on the PvE side whenever that releases.

YukiOnna

First time player... Man this game is fun. Makes me regret never buying OW1. I know people are hating on the whole F2P model, but making the game free has already sold me on the PvE side whenever that releases.
Dunno, I think it's been a good move to go F2P. Battle Pass grind isn't bad either and it's fun having more regular items to earn outside of the limited events of OW1. Challenges are easy enough, as well. PvE and the other new modes that eventually come will add a lot more to it, but the MP loop is back to being great.

Plays a flawless game and is on a 15+ kill streak... game rewards him with 1/20 of a single battle pass level...

Yeaaaaaaah you can tell you can buy those skips.
Everything about this game, other than the game, is genuinely awful. The battle pass that is somehow worse than the lootboxes it replaced, the progression systems, the fact that they got rid of medals, the fact that they removed gaining levels, the absurd cost of the skins, the "reward" for daily and weekly challenges, and it goes on. Everything is awful, except for the game itself, which is pretty fun.

Overwatch 1 player here, until I quit a few years ago. Getting skins now for free is practically impossible unless they're free on the battle-pass and the ones that are, well they are dog shit. Legendary skins tho? you'll never get your hands on one ever again without giving Blizzard your money and if you do, you're a fucking idiot. There is a way to earn currency but you would need to complete challenges that span over half a year. Lowest of the scum. Moving on to QoL stuff, it's not as much as Overwatch 1.5 but more like Overwatch 0.5. They removed some cool features like the medals, the on fire doing good thing, etc. 5v5 is now a one sided shit show. You either win or lose is pretty much decided quickly vs 6v6. If someone leaves you are practically lost. Before I've won in 5's vs 6 if you had 2 good tanks and support, you could easily carry. Now? Good fucking luck. Everything else is exactly the same, I see no reason why this is called Overwatch 2. The only good thing I like is the soundtrack. I'll prolly play a few more matches but I quit cuz it got boring and since Overwatch "2" is the lesser version of the previous one, I see no reason to keep playing.

Fuck Blizzard.

Overwatch 1 player here, until I quit a few years ago. Getting skins now for free is practically impossible unless they're free on the battle-pass and the ones that are, well they are dog shit. Legendary skins tho? you'll never get your hands on one ever again without giving Blizzard your money and if you do, you're a fucking idiot. There is a way to earn currency but you would need to complete challenges that span over half a year. Lowest of the scum. Moving on to QoL stuff, it's not as much as Overwatch 1.5 but more like Overwatch 0.5. They removed some cool features like the medals, the on fire doing good thing, etc. 5v5 is now a one sided shit show. You either win or lose is pretty much decided quickly vs 6v6. If someone leaves you are practically lost. Before I've won in 5's vs 6 if you had 2 good tanks and support, you could easily carry. Now? Good fucking luck. Everything else is exactly the same, I see no reason why this is called Overwatch 2. The only good thing I like is the soundtrack. I'll prolly play a few more matches but I quit cuz it got boring and since Overwatch "2" is the lesser version of the previous one, I see no reason to keep playing.

Fuck Blizzard.
the whole battlepass system is fucked. it's not rewarding and i know games with a BP do try push you to spend money but it feels like Blizzard are going in hard. It's not rewarding at all. I've only managed to get to level 6 and have 0 coins.

in some ways it is a step back but i am enjoying the gameplay much more than i ever did in OW1. i'm not sure about games being decided quickly. i've played some where it looked like i was going to lose but everyone pulled together and got a win.

i'm having way more fun with 2 than I did with 1. hopefully over time Blizzard listen to feedback and make it more rewarding. Of course i still expect them to push you to spend money but I want to at least feel like I can level up in a season to get enough coins to buy the premium pass instead of paying for it. I play some Rocket League + Fortnite and in those you can definitely do that but with OW2 it feels impossible.

the whole battlepass system is fucked. it's not rewarding and i know games with a BP do try push you to spend money but it feels like Blizzard are going in hard. It's not rewarding at all. I've only managed to get to level 6 and have 0 coins.

Yep. I played Warzone and I never needed to buy the battle-pass because the game kept giving me free coins, so much that every season I had enough to keep getting it for free. Say what you want about Activision being greedy fucks but Warzone was quite well handled.

ManaByte

in some ways it is a step back but i am enjoying the gameplay much more than i ever did in OW1. i'm not sure about games being decided quickly. i've played some where it looked like i was going to lose but everyone pulled together and got a win.

i'm having way more fun with 2 than I did with 1. hopefully over time Blizzard listen to feedback and make it more rewarding. Of course i still expect them to push you to spend money but I want to at least feel like I can level up in a season to get enough coins to buy the premium pass instead of paying for it. I play some Rocket League + Fortnite and in those you can definitely do that but with OW2 it feels impossible.
Yep. I played Warzone and I never needed to buy the battle-pass because the game kept giving me free coins, so much that every season I had enough to keep getting it for free. Say what you want about Activision being greedy fucks but Warzone was quite well handled.
Coins are awarded through battle pass challenges.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
You can get 60 coins a week or 540 coins a season (9 week seasons). That isn’t enough. I am hoping the seasonal events that will go on during the seasons will have opportunities to get additional earned skins for playing and more coins. I honestly feel that feedback from the opening season will change some of the others going forward, but we will see if blizzard is ultra greedy here.

NeoLed

Anyone defending the coins mechanic is fucked in the head. Shit son, 10 coins in 11 weeks? Cant wait to play 3 years to afford 1 legendary skin. FUCK YEAH,

Vs0xllZ.png

XiexGJi.png
It's not 10 coins in 11 weeks challenge...
It's 60 coins for finishing 11 weekly challenge. It means every week there will be 11 challenges to do (at least this week).
30 coins for 4 challenge done
20 for 4+4
another 10 from 4+4+3

Last edited:
Oh my god... It's 60 coins in a week. 240 for a month. Learn to read or check your eyes
I'm not defending anything. I just calling your false info

Alright. I am the idiot LMAO. I see what you mean now. I took it as you can earn those coins over the span of 11 weeks. Assuming of course the rewards do reset weekly. I'll edit the posts. Still, its pretty shit.

Dregnel

It's not 10 coins in 11 weeks challenge...
It's 60 coins for finishing 11 weekly challenge. It means every week there will be 11 challenges to do (at least this week).
30 coins for 4 challenge done
20 for 4+4
another 10 from 4+4+3

Learn to read. Or stop spreading misinformation
Ugh, 8 months to get a skin, before you could get it by playing for a few hours and with some luck you could get it in a single hour because it happened to me many times.

ManaByte

Ugh, 8 months to get a skin, before you could get it by playing for a few hours and with some luck you could get it in a single hour because it happened to me many times.
You couldn’t buy skins before. They were in those gambling loot boxes everyone cried about all the time.

jaysius

Banned
Game has terrible sbmm
Yup, stomping is so much fun right! High KDR is all that matters!:pie_grinning_sweat:"pie_tears_joy::pie_roffles:

Games are going to get worse for people that need to stomp for their fragile egos to get boosted. This is the future.

GIT GUD with sbmm and that it means you’ll never get to stomp again.

Last edited:

NeoLed

A Legendary Skin Bundle you mean? But yeah, the pain of free player. While I still have around 16000 legacy coins to purchase common/epic skins, I have given up the grind for those blinky cosmetics. Nothing good from the battlepass either. I'll just play the game and not paying anything for now

jaysius

Banned
You couldn’t buy skins before. They were in those gambling loot boxes everyone cried about all the time.
Loot boxes were better, only retards that bought them cried.

This season pass is even worse than Halo Infinite..wtf is a souvenir??? They added too many worthless things to it, to make it a good carrot.

At least with loot boxes you had a chance to get something decent.

Buying and gambling cosmetics is dumb anyway, the game is fine as is. The only issue is the huge grind for a character.

Dregnel

you could get coins in the boxes, I have almost all the skins of this game and I didn't play it daily, I played it for seasons, sometimes when the game gave two free event boxes I got several in a single attempt and even two legendary in a single box.
Loot boxes in the game were amazing, I have played many gacha games and these are the most decent ones I have tried.

Last edited:

NeoLed

you could get coins in the boxes, I have almost all the skins of this game and I didn't play it daily, I played it for seasons, sometimes when the game gave two free event boxes I got several in a single attempt and even two legendary in a single box.
Loot boxes in the game were amazing, I have played many gacha games and these are the most decent ones I have tried.
Blizzard doesn't have faith that people will want to pay $60 games to play their gacha games :messenger_crying:

Dregnel

A Legendary Skin Bundle you mean? But yeah, the pain of free player. While I still have around 16000 legacy coins to purchase common/epic skins, I have given up the grind for those blinky cosmetics. Nothing good from the battlepass either. I'll just play the game and not paying anything for now
i got only 4000 at the end, i think people kept so many coins that it was no longer profitable, That's why they changed the name with this update so they could have an excuse to change the entire monetary system.

II_JumPeR_I

Yup, stomping is so much fun right! High KDR is all that matters!:pie_grinning_sweat:"pie_tears_joy::pie_roffles:

Games are going to get worse for people that need to stomp for their fragile egos to get boosted. This is the future.

GIT GUD with sbmm and that it means you’ll never get to stomp again.
Uhm im not a good OW player and still get into mlg sweatfest lobbys for no reason, especially in quickplay where that shouldnt happen.

SBMM is cancer.

Deleted that shit game anyway, not wasting energy on another sbmm riddled game

RPS37

Finished the merge and I got a lot? Of my skins back?
game seemed way too high contrast when i first put it on. Turned on HDR and it looks more normal.
also defaults to favor resolution. Might switch that at some point.
kind of getting back in the groove.nafter years of apex, hero shooting seems to make more sense?
bastion can’t heal himself anymore? Hmph.

ManaByte

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I had 150,000 coins at the end of OW1 and I used them all the day before the end of it to buy almost every skin the in the game. I am one of the fortunate ones as I have enough skins to last me forever. Others starting up it is pretty crazy right now.

The price of skins in 2 is a definite problem which is why they have to put some as “play 9 games to get a legendary skin each week” of the Halloween even coming up (that is how they did it for later events in OW1. They have to do something like this as nobody in their right mind is going to pay $7-$19 for a single skin and have that be the only way. (Edit for free mind you, it looks like every 10 levels a skin is given out on the paid battle pass.)

On the slight plus side, If you can leave a monitor on, you can have twitch connected to your blizzard account and watch some streamers for 6 hours to get a free Koriko skin right now, but that won’t be something they do all the time.

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-u...iriko-skin-by-watching-overwatch-2-on-twitch/

Last edited:
I’ve never played this game before but I decided to jump in and it’s fun and addictive. However, it does feel like there’s too much emphasis on the tank, like if you have a shitty player in the role you’re fucked.

Top Bottom