• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over one million new players have joined Fallout 76 in a single day

Draugoth

Gold Member

GL33HWJXAAAeac_

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I wonder if there will be a new wave of disappointment as these folks find out the obvious flaws in this game. Either way, congrats to Bethesda and Xbox.
I have a group of friends who devote quite a bit of time to this game. Personally I think Fallout 76 is an heresy, but it seems people find it interesting after all. And as this one million is new players only, they have no expectations compared to old episodes so I don't think there will be a lot of disappointments. Especially if they are playing it after watching the series.

But at this point I just hope for the best for Bethesda, their last games were all a big let down. Crazy to look at the downfall of studios like this or Bioware. TESVI needs to be the biggest RPG ever to restore my faith, they need to prove they still have it (sorry for the semi off topic).

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I like the show a lot. Amazon have surprised me! Fallout is an iconic series, I never got in to 76 as the whole Multiplayer thing never grabbed me. I like my fallout games single player thank you. Excited to see what they do for the next one and for the remasters that are supposedly in the works.

violence

CD project red opened a new studio after a surge of sells from the Cyberpunk anime (or the Witcher, I don't know). Making a show can be a great financial move. It was 100% the reason for The Last of US Part 1 (Remake).

Now I wish Dead Space would get a TV show.

Last edited:

Sophist

I have a group of friends who devote quite a bit of time to this game. Personally I think Fallout 76 is an heresy, but it seems people find it interesting after all. And as this one million is new players only, they have no expectations compared to old episodes so I don't think there will be a lot of disappointments. Especially if they are playing it after watching the series.

But at this point I just hope for the best for Bethesda, their last games were all a big let down. Crazy to look at the downfall of studios like this or Bioware. TESVI needs to be the biggest RPG ever to restore my faith, they need to prove they still have it (sorry for the semi off topic).

Starfield was their first video game outside the Fallout and Elder scroll franchises; They tried something new and i respect that.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Makes you wonder if some game IP holders should foot the bill on making a series, just to spawn more sales of games. I know there is already GOW, etc in the works, and last of us was already done, but what if something like resident evil had a series....oh crap.....nevermind.

I love how Bethesda has turned their focus onto Fallout instead of the piece of excrement game they just released. Starfield was worse than anyone could've imagine and I'm still kind or in shock over it having spent $100 on this POS. Shocking how a game so hyped from a huge developer backed by MS could turn out the way it did.

Buggy Loop

Why are you doubting the obvious?

Not sure I understand, english isn't my native language. "I doubt X is doing Y" for me means that they aren't counting Fallout 1 & 2 numbers. Or are you really thinking that millions are off to play Fallout 1 & 2 right now?

Last edited:

dorkimoe

played it a little after it came out, really liked it and got hooked on it. Glad to see people are enjoying it.

Ribi

xbox stay winning

im not gnna play that pos again, i preordered it for 35 and still feel ripped off. WHAT MORON THOUGHT THEY COULD JUST USE FUCKING VOICE TAPES TO MAKE THE GAME MOVE ALONG AND 0 NPCs

Three

I thought this was new registered users based on the title but its DAU based on the tweet. That's pretty impressive still. The show is having a real postive effect.

Last edited:

Generic

Bethesda was never good.

Top Bottom