• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 100k players have signed up for Halo Infinite Beta

SCB3

A small number of playlist types (so yes Slayer, BTB etc). When Halo 5 came out lots of modes from OG Halo games were missing. I see this as a great thing.
I agree, a small focussed MP that expands with Events is always a better pace, you get more matches in like this, it being F2P is gonna help as well

Banjo64

cumsessed
:messenger_tears_of_joy: Got to wonder what the ‘dead franchise’ brigade thought of God of War when Ascension sold a grand total of 500k copies on PS3?

To be fair, most of them were probably toddlers when Ascension released.

Remember when it used to have over 2 million signed to beta… what happened to have so low sign-ins?
Yeah, this guy should have released full numbers. Now it's going to look like only 100k have signed up when it could be millions or could be even less that signed up correctly.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: Got to wonder what the ‘dead franchise’ brigade thought of God of War when Ascension sold a grand total of 500k copies on PS3?

To be fair, most of them were probably toddlers when Ascension released.
Damn dude, what a really bad example lmao. God of War: Ascension is practically non existent. Nobody cared about that game and is the reason why the franchise had to be rebooted.

cireza

Amazing thread title OP

200w.gif

Last edited:

Zathalus

100k that signed up incorrectly is not correct either, its a 6 figure amount so can be anything from 100k to 999k.

Considering the process wasn't exactly hard, I'd imagine the total number of people that signed up is way higher than that.

jigglet

Banned
I agree, a small focussed MP that expands with Events is always a better pace, you get more matches in like this, it being F2P is gonna help as well

Exactly. COD is without question the biggest MP game in the world, yet a few weeks after launch half the game modes are dead. Match making can take 10 mins to find a game. If COD can't do it then who can? It's just healthier for the game and for the community to launch with a smaller number of playlists. It pisses people off who liked certain modes but it's for the greater good.

Last edited:
Think 100k is a lot? Seems incredibly low for Microsoft's most popular game.
The six digits number is people who haven't signed up correctly. Read the tweet.

They have over 100k who haven't even signed up correctly. It's not the amount of people who signed up.

LMAO the amount of people in here NOT reading the source and running with FUD is hilarious.

Halo had 100k dudes sign up wrong, so at least 2x that number total.

and thats before all the hype of launch that twitch streams from influences bring. You just made halo look way better, not worse!

But quality salt all the same
signing up wrong is actually kind of hard. i would imagine only like 1/10 people signed up incorrectly.

MiguelItUp

100K signed up incorrectly, imagine how many signed up correctly, lmao.

Really though, I hope Infinite does well. Especially with the multiplayer looking as throwback-y as it does.

Top Bottom