• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 100k players have signed up for Halo Infinite Beta

Phase

Everyone will get to play on release anyway since they went F2P for mp. They probably just didn't care enough to finish it.

Naked Lunch

Ive been a Halo Insider for years now but I just now realized I forgot to update that I own a Series X.
I hope this didnt mess up my place in line for an Infinite flight.

A borderline meaningless stat.

Multiplayer games are measured by how engaging they are in month 3, month 12, and month 24.

Not by how big they are on day 1.

Hatin on Halo f2p but cucking for Ubisoft on XDefiant

Emoji Think GIF

elliot5

Over 100k is kinda misleading because while that's true it's over 100k that have signed up.... and not completed their profile lol

Likelihood is that there's a LOT more that have signed up that did so properly. I'd guess over 300k?

Infinite is going to be a force on day one and around launch. The crossplay and F2P is going to see to that. Hopefully the game is good enough to retain players and ebb and flow as content is released over the coming years. MCC is a good sign of the love they're giving the franchise, finally moving forward.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I hope they continue doing the smart thing that they did in Halo 5 and launch with a very small number of playlists.

There's no point launching with Call of Duty style playlists that can number into the double digits.

Even COD - the biggest franchise in the world - can't sustain it. 80% of them have dead matchmaking within weeks. H5 was very smart about how restrained they were...don't forget that lesson!

jigglet

Banned
Also they have no reason to be sad about people abandoning the sign up form.

It was huge.

Every other beta I've registered for required my email address and...that's it. They collect all the other data AFTERWARDS via a survey. Don't ask all that shit up front and be surprised a lot of people nope out of there.

Last edited:
I hope they continue doing the smart thing that they did in Halo 5 and launch with a very small number of playlists.

There's no point launching with Call of Duty style playlists that can number into the double digits.

Even COD - the biggest franchise in the world - can't sustain it. 80% of them have dead matchmaking within weeks. H5 was very smart about how restrained they were...don't forget that lesson!

Yep, this is where the design fruit of Battle Royale games is most prevalent. Small playlists/modes with high turnover of quick kills back into the matchmaking pools. It can be frustrating to drop in and get shit loot then die but it's mostly by design to produce a fast matching and region supporting framework with the population curated well.

Last edited:

oldergamer

I don't think you understand the meaning of that phrase.

You can mock it all you want, but until Halo can move the needle in any way, shape, or form for the Xbox brand, IMO, it remains true.

Doesn't mean it can't have a revival.
I do understand what it means and its a bullshit statement at its base. Its still a high profile game right now and will be after infinite.

Fanboys like to downplay it, but the game will have some huge numbers. 100k people in a closed beta is a significant number. Only people that have no idea what it takes to create and run a beta are looking at it meaning nothing.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Bbbut halo is a dead franchise?

I've actually seen some of the big streamers like Nickmercs etc talking about how they can't wait for Halo to launch. If 343i nail it, they could have big streamers playing this for roughly a week or two then go back to COD lol

Thread title is misleading considering the article is not about the number of people signing up for the beta but the number of people that signed up incorrectly.

Over 100k have signed up INCORRECTLY.

People come in here, don't read the OP, and go straight to talking shit lmao
Well to be fair the OP thread title is also incorrect. We know the usual suspects will still drive by to throw fud but it doesn’t help when the OP doesn’t do his thread title correctly either.

Shmunter

MS Indian click farm earning their keep. 😜

Edit: this is a joke for those that may feel slighted

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Thread title is misleading considering the article is not about the number of people signing up for the beta but the number of people that signed up incorrectly.

So it's a reminder for people that have not completed sign up to do so as they need the numbers boosting? :pie_thinking:

SCB3

Also they have no reason to be sad about people abandoning the sign up form.

It was huge.

Every other beta I've registered for required my email address and...that's it. They collect all the other data AFTERWARDS via a survey. Don't ask all that shit up front and be surprised a lot of people nope out of there.
Do you mean small playlist types (so Slayer, BTB, CTF) or number of players in a playlist?

Cause Battlefield 2042 exists and is aiming for 64 v 64 on consoles

jigglet

Banned
Do you mean small playlist types (so Slayer, BTB, CTF) or number of players in a playlist?

Cause Battlefield 2042 exists and is aiming for 64 v 64 on consoles

A small number of playlist types (so yes Slayer, BTB etc). When Halo 5 came out lots of modes from OG Halo games were missing. I see this as a great thing.

Top Bottom