• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Our Long Nightmare is over! McCree is now Cole Cassidy!

DonF

Since I got my ps5, I have OW installed, just using space in that tiny SSD. I haven't played it all that much, and now I'm uninstalling. The game has a lot of problems, and the name of a character isnt one of them.

So dumb

Jigsaah

Gold Member
uh-but.gif

Eh, Screw it....

MacReady13

I’m quite clearly out of the loop on this one. Anyone care to tell me what the fuck is happening here? What’s the deal with renaming this character and why do we need to be upset about it?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I’m quite clearly out of the loop on this one. Anyone care to tell me what the fuck is happening here? What’s the deal with renaming this character and why do we need to be upset about it?

The character was named after an ex Blizzard developer who, prior to the "Me Too" movement when such things were legal and acceptable, used to beat his female underlings with his gigantic penis - wielding it like a big rubbery cudgel, lacing it into them like a chain. He did this most often during crunch times as a means to encourage his underlings to work harder and faster. Now that such hijinks are frowned upon, Blizzard is going to erase his memory from their every video game, document, and secretly filmed penis beatings.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Wow. Cassidy isn't a common surname, but they still went with a surname shared with a convicted sex offender.

Looks like they're going to have to change the name again.

Top Bottom