• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Our Long Nightmare is over! McCree is now Cole Cassidy!

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

CuNi

They can change him to whatever they want, I'll still call him McCree in callouts and nothing will change that.

*Nightwing

Yeah, a REAL outlaw name and not a downgrade to a stupid criminal of the week name at all huh?:

Edit: 5 minute google search Blizzard…. You people are so incompetent you couldn’t even do a quick google search…. Goddamn fucktards

Last edited:

Lets all hold hands and hug as we begin to heal…

Wow, it's like magic... Suddenly, everything is okay. I no longer have a negative view of Blizzard. They are now the most virtuous, principled, and righteous company in the gaming industry. And I will now buy all their games and DLC at full retail price.
Because it's obvious they are all about doing the right thing and making the world a better place for you and for me and the entire human race.
There are people dying
If Blizzard cares enough for the living
They make a better place for you and for me

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So blizzard had bad press not long ago about it’s sexist work place and now they think they can fix it by doing some dumb shit that the people who raged about it don’t even care about?

Ailike

Yeesh. So many people acting personally attacked by this. What's with the hot take that it doesn't solve sexism and create world peace, so nothing at all is worth doing? So many people can't wait to be outraged by gestures because it attacks their own personal status quo. It's a video game character. It's totally a dumb gesture that does nothing, but gnashing and crying that it was done is almost more sad.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Yeesh. So many people acting personally attacked by this. What's with the hot take that it doesn't solve sexism and create world peace, so nothing at all is worth doing? So many people can't wait to be outraged by gestures because it attacks their own personal status quo. It's a video game character. It's totally a dumb gesture that does nothing, but gnashing and crying that it was done is almost more sad.
I think it's more of the frustration with the company than it is the matter of the dev who was awful. The thing is, actblizz will just buy their way out of trouble and appease their public image without actually changing a thing that really caused harm in the first place. At least, that is my frustration with it. I don't mind a symbolic action from a person or company that actually proves genuine. But for corporations a lot of us are jaded because they have a track record of being all talk. Things like the Blitzchung incident really drive that home for me.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Maybe like...reel your actual flesh and blood employees in and make them take a fucking Summer seminar about how introducing yourself to women with your middle aged game dev penis is untoward in the 21st Century instead of like....changing the name of a fictional character? I'm not naive enough to fail to realize that they're screwed either way in this situation, but you know....avoid the big whoops early to avoid the smaller Oops later on.

Top Bottom