• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Opinion]Square just shot themselves in the foot.

gokurho

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIV for XSX or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Cornbread78

uYm5xqK.gif

tommycronin

This copy pasta isn't funny anymore.
Mod of War Mod of War punish him!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about him, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals,and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit.If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Red5

What the fuck did you just fucking say about him, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals,and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit.If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

I thought Navy Seals were a different branch from the Marine Corps.

Sleepwalker

I cant believe they are doing business with Dirty Phil of all people, I thought they had honor but money is stronger it seems. I really dislike Phil Spencer ever since this happened to me a couple years ago:

I saw Phil at a grocery store in Los Angeles, I told him how cool it was to meet the head of Xbox in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? You want some vouchers huh? Some gamepass huh? Huh? Huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face, he then crossed his arms in the "x pose" and stared silently at me. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly, he also asked if he could pay with GPU codes and kept trying to do it over and over despite the cashier saying she has no clue what that is.

I arrived home and listed my xbox on craiglist, then ordered a PS5.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I just punched a hole in my wall. I’m in tears. I’m not joking I’m actually freaking out right now. I feel like this is the angriest I’ve been in my life. I’m praying right now that this last year is a dream I’ll wake up from. Is there a way we can sue Square Enix for false advertising and maybe even vandalism of a work of art?

Banjo64

cumsessed

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Spiral Mountain, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Gruntilda’s Lair, and I have over 300 confirmed jiggies. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top banana collector in the entire Donkey Kong Island. You are nothing to me but just another Jinjo. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak, I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Carrington Institute and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re a fucking squirrel, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can collect you in over 3821 ways, and that’s just with my bare monkey hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the dataDyne Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking King Jingaling, kiddo.

GrayChild

Hey guys. I've decided I'm quitting this forum finally. My whole purpose of joining this forum was to have sex with every woman I deemed screwable. Which let me tell you. Wasn't many. Maybe about 12 if I'm gonna be honest. Well I succeeded with my goal and now I must go off and find more forums with hopefully better looking women to have fun with 😉 if you know what I mean. Some of you might see me in your mom's dms. I did scope out a few good milfs from some of your profiles which was an added bonus to the main objective. Well see you guys. I hope that if we ever meet again. That some of you are finally able to grow hair like mine and have sex with a few women out there. If you believe in yourselves. You can do it.

Skifi28

Is it possible to learn this power?
See the following post. I coudn't have explained it better myself:

Hey guys. I've decided I'm quitting this forum finally. My whole purpose of joining this forum was to have sex with every woman I deemed screwable. Which let me tell you. Wasn't many. Maybe about 12 if I'm gonna be honest. Well I succeeded with my goal and now I must go off and find more forums with hopefully better looking women to have fun with 😉 if you know what I mean. Some of you might see me in your mom's dms. I did scope out a few good milfs from some of your profiles which was an added bonus to the main objective. Well see you guys. I hope that if we ever meet again. That some of you are finally able to grow hair like mine and have sex with a few women out there. If you believe in yourselves. You can do it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIV for XSX or you can kiss your business goodbye.
I still think it’s funny.

Freeman76

Damn I thought you were serious for a minute, I was actually like what the actual fuck lol

Last edited:
I remember having a 360 when this came out! I couldn't imagine owning a PS3 at the time. Now it's the exact opposite, I can't imagine owning an Xbox Series console.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Crew511A

That's impossible because I don't think.

Are you aware that some people have a medical condition that causes them to be that way?

My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck, but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people. I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone’s face. Just my thought. What do you think? Oh, I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Jigsaah

Gold Member

There's no way this guy is serious, right?

Top Bottom