• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most DISAPPOINTING games ever!

ToadMan

The game mechanics are all stuff we've seen before? What game has mechanics that you've never seen before in any other game? And is that really a prerequisite for you to enjoy a game? You can't enjoy a game unless it has mechanics you've NEVER seen before? You must not play many games.

And what about the world building is incomplete?

Why not say something instead of saying nothing?

Then what's the problem with this game?

Explain in detail.

A game that’s been in development for 8 years from the studio that made Witcher 3.

Yeah I was expecting innovation.

If they couldn’t manage innovation, I was expecting a deep and detailed world, many choices, good writing and a coherent gameplay loop.

Ya know, an evolution of what they did with W3.

This ain’t any of those - it neither innovates nor evolves previous work. This is what I might expect as a first game from a new studio.

I think right now this game is like an alpha with the main story and side story implemented, but all the other stuff still waiting to be activated. This may as well have been a story game and remove the RPG bits.

There’s no customisation of your character, no proper emergent gameplay (unless collecting funny bug gifs counts), no interactivity at all outside of the main and side quests, a small world with not much to explore and most stuff is easily done as a straight shooter. The RPG options are limited to 3 back stories and while the character customisation is ok if you like to snicker at genitalia, all those options mean nothing in the gameplay and you can’t even go get a haircut.

On top of that this cyberpunk version of the future doesn’t capture many of the elements it should. Visit the afterlife bar and there’s an emergency going on that seems to never get solved lol. The player doesn’t get to do any netrunning. The “detective” work is a waste of time. Even the breach mode “hacking” is a joke of a mini game.

I could have understood a game that was breaking new ground ending up being rushed out broken. But this is a by the numbers effort and is still incomplete and buggy.

I will say that I like the Johnny character and those interactions are keeping me playing - or were, I actually fell asleep playing it last night so I’ll move on to something else for a while.

EDIT: Oh and the main story introduces time pressure and then the designers thought the player would ignore that and just go do side quests - thematically it doesn’t make sense for the character to do that stuff given the scenario.

Maybe in a few years it will be decent - by then it’ll have taken 10 or 11 years to produce.

There’s too many genuinely good, innovative and deep games competing with this - I can’t give it a pass when other studios got major releases out this year that are complete and better.

Last edited:
not to mention the gig quests that are the question marks and exclamation point arent just filler people! they are very side missions/quests that help build your character a ton.

the more I play this game, the more fucking confident I am in it. and the more confident I am that you motherfuckers were trying to steer me in the wrong direction lol now i got a bone to pick, because you guys are having people think this game is bad....

Yeah, even some of the most insignificant looking side quest that riddling the map can lead to some really fun story beats.

I'd say the kidnapping ones have had the most fun side missions.

Even if you are loving the game I bet your mind (as mine did) gets filled with possibilities and then none of them are possible.

The curse of this game is having such an awesome world crafted filled with untapped potential.

You're not wrong, and I agree

But that's why I completely believe this game will be like No Man's Sky and they will update and expand the features over time.

I honestly believe this game is a stealth GAAS Single Player game.

Do I think that's acceptable? No. But this is inevitable with how lacking the game is beyond the main story and core gameplay loop.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Playing on Series X. Looks great, plays great (zero bugs or crashes). I’m glad it’s not another sequel like 95% of other games. It’s ambitious. That’s good. Not Witcher 3 good but very good.

ZehDon

Your comparing GTA 5 to past GTA games wile im comparing the A.I. & Physics in GTA 5 to Cyberpunk since Cyberpunk wants to be a GTA 5 clone with more RPG elements.
Yeah, you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. But that’s cool - keep repeating yourself, maybe someone will believe you.

teezzy

Banned
It's officially the worst game of the generation technically at least, making ME Andromeda a technical wonder.

BC023EEFA6C69EE134757249F69F0952D74158A3

prag16

Banned
While they may have set the expectations bar unrealistically, this is a very good game so far. Definitely inside the top 5 in terms of what I've played over the last few years. And if you're not playing it on PC you're doing it wrong. But I think we always expected that to be the case.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I do agree, they should pushed a release date to May at earliest. Releasing a game with this state didn't helped them at all. While a game clearly is a commercial success and I'm not having any doubts they will fix the performance and make this even better alongside patches, free content and paid expansions, but man, it's sucks to see how much of the good will they gathered over the years was lost because of the current state of this game.

Shifty1897

Judging by the fact that according to achievements, only 12% of Steam players have made it to Act 2, when the city actually opens for the first time, I question how many people on here have actually played the game for any meaningful amount of time.

Haters gonna hate. It's not my GOTY yet but it's currently my runner up, with FF7R as the winner.

Ammogeddon

I’m loving it on XSX. There are a couple of bugs, usually floating assetsbut not a lot else.

My main gripe is the world feels a bit static and more window dressing than living and breathing.

No one challenges me if I steal something, punch them, crash into them or try to steal their car.

I thought there would be random enemy encounters while exploring. The only instance is if you pretty much provoke a group of cops etc. I was expecting to get jumped by muggers in shady back alleys or set upon by bandits while driving about the badlands.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
Even if you are loving the game I bet your mind (as mine did) gets filled with possibilities and then none of them are possible.

It’s made me dream Bro.

Yeah I can’t think of a thousand ways to make it better but... that’s something *we* can do. Tell our own stories.

Makes me wanna read stuff. Make stuff. Do stuff. It’s what ambition does.

A game that’s been in development for 8 years from the studio that made Witcher 3.

Yeah I was expecting innovation.

If they couldn’t manage innovation, I was expecting a deep and detailed world, many choices, good writing and a coherent gameplay loop.

Ya know, an evolution of what they did with W3.

This ain’t any of those - it neither innovates nor evolves previous work. This is what I might expect as a first game from a new studio.

I think right now this game is like an alpha with the main story and side story implemented, but all the other stuff still waiting to be activated. This may as well have been a story game and remove the RPG bits.

There’s no customisation of your character, no proper emergent gameplay (unless collecting funny bug gifs counts), no interactivity at all outside of the main and side quests, a small world with not much to explore and most stuff is easily done as a straight shooter. The RPG options are limited to 3 back stories and while the character customisation is ok if you like to snicker at genitalia, all those options mean nothing in the gameplay and you can’t even go get a haircut.

On top of that this cyberpunk version of the future doesn’t capture many of the elements it should. Visit the afterlife bar and there’s an emergency going on that seems to never get solved lol. The player doesn’t get to do any netrunning. The “detective” work is a waste of time. Even the breach mode “hacking” is a joke of a mini game.

I could have understood a game that was breaking new ground ending up being rushed out broken. But this is a by the numbers effort and is still incomplete and buggy.

I will say that I like the Johnny character and those interactions are keeping me playing - or were, I actually fell asleep playing it last night so I’ll move on to something else for a while.

EDIT: Oh and the main story introduces time pressure and then the designers thought the player would ignore that and just go do side quests - thematically it doesn’t make sense for the character to do that stuff given the scenario.

Maybe in a few years it will be decent - by then it’ll have taken 10 or 11 years to produce.

There’s too many genuinely good, innovative and deep games competing with this - I can’t give it a pass when other studios got major releases out this year that are complete and better.

dude, it literally has the same design scheme as the witcher 3.

these interactive NPC's you gamers (that think you know more than you do), keep bitching about is about the same level of interactivity that was in the witcher 3, and the interesting point is...everyone seemed to KNOW then that wasn't needed to make the witcher 3 what it was.

problem now is... cars, guns and first person. so you people are confused, and keep having GTA flash backs and fallout flashbacks and want a marriage of that. When that's never been what i expected from CDPR at ALL. and neither should you.

you should have expected witcher 3 but in a different setting, different perspective, which would lead to better gameplay, and it essentially delivered on that. because the quests in comparison to it's counterparts are still unmatched, side quests and "emergent stuff" wasn't really in the witcher 3 either, they would have an exclamation points or a question mark....just like they do here. what do ya know.

your articulation, and expectation is wrong, projected, and completely unfair. When RDR came out was it an innovation of GTA? not really, just a solid game done with their design scheme in a different setting. which can still produce an AMAZING generational game.

even the witcher 3 wasn't necessarily an innovation, it was just an opus of an open world RPG because of the amount of heart they put into every facet of it; especially in comparison to other devs.

answer this please, what is this beastly game your going to move on to that is shitting on cyberpunk. and tell me why? would you recommend it to me? is it so badass I should drop cyberpunk because this game you're moving on to is badass? i gotta play it. Like i said you guys must be playing some goat shit. lol

It’s made me dream Bro.

Yeah I can’t think of a thousand ways to make it better but... that’s something *we* can do. Tell our own stories.

Makes me wanna read stuff. Make stuff. Do stuff. It’s what ambition does.

but notice you don't do that with any other games and hold that against it. It's like because these other games are mediocre in comparison, you take it for what it is. assassins creed and nearly every other fucking title out right now for example.

it's like a girl having higher expectations in bed from a hot guy, and not having the same expectations towards and average fucking guy.

THEAP99

Banned
Very highly respected critic Tom Chick did not come away impressed from Cyberpunk 2077:

Maybe it’s unfair to raise these objections to Cyberpunk 2077. CD Projekt is just doing the same things everyone else is doing. It’s not their job to fix the medium. So in that regard, Cyberpunk 2077 is fine as yet another example of RPGs and open worlds. If you don’t mind these conventions, if you can look past CD Projekt’s lack of ambition, if you’re willing to accept a AAA release with D-level quality assurance, if you can accept the state of these unimaginative game designs, you’ll get your solid forty to fifty hours of open-worlding in a beautiful setting. More power to you.

But I need a better game if I’m going to ignore these failings. Cyberpunk’s running time is littered with familiar problems and zero interest in their solutions. It’s a design cluttered with the failings of a hundred other designs. The safe and familiar failings of the medium that can’t be pinned to CD Projekt specifically, but are nevertheless embraced with something that feels like enthusiasm. So I sigh and carry on to the ending of my choice, looking in vain for the actual cyberpunk in a sprawl of contrived and bland sci-fi.

Judging by the fact that according to achievements, only 12% of Steam players have made it to Act 2, when the city actually opens for the first time, I question how many people on here have actually played the game for any meaningful amount of time.

Haters gonna hate. It's not my GOTY yet but it's currently my runner up, with FF7R as the winner.

wow. yeah going by some conversations here, the progress is real suspect.

but this game attracted alot of the WRONG CROWD. and they are bitching, and there are alot of those motherfuckers.

motherfuckers that only own consoles, and are the types that would prefer a Skyrim over the witcher 3 and fuck with GTA primarily for sandbox reasons. cyberpunk attracted those people, so now they think it should be fallout+GTA.. and to my surprise, this type of gamer is on Neogaf by the plenty.

THEAP99

Banned
wow. yeah going by some conversations here, the progress is real suspect.

but this game attracted alot of the WRONG CROWD. and they are bitching, and there are alot of those motherfuckers.

motherfuckers that only own consoles, and are the types that would prefer a Skyrim over the witcher 3 and fuck with GTA primarily for sandbox reasons. cyberpunk attracted those people, so now they think it should be fallout+GTA.. and to my surprise, this type of gamer is on Neogaf by the plenty.
bruh im surprised you beat the game even because i see you in every thread clapping down people's ears about why it's their fault the general consensus is that cyberpunk did not live up to the hype, and for differing reasons too.

Very highly respected critic Tom Chick did not come away impressed from Cyberpunk 2077:

THEAP

what other first person RPG's are you comparing this game to? have you even beat the game yet or did any of the side quests?

does this game have good quests to you?

how does this games quests compare to other open world rpg's? especially of the first person variety.

how is this games gameplay in comparison to other first person rpg's?

please answer these questions

bbeach123

The story(and characters) was good but I didn't feel connected to the world , the city . Feel like i'm still a outside watching from afar , doesn't give a shit about who controls this or that .

I wish they do a bethesda's kind of world ( i dont mean schedule NPCs) . It just need to have a guilds/factions you can chose to join , and each one have a story of their own . So you can be a detective , a theft , a merc , a corp rat , or even max tac, etc .

This way I can fully immersive into the world .

bruh im surprised you beat the game even because i see you in every thread clapping down people's ears about why it's their fault the general consensus is that cyberpunk did not live up to the hype, and for differing reasons too.

you're in every thread against it my guy, and last I spoke to you you didn't even really play it....

and the consensus is that it's at an 89 dark souls level, despite drama and bugs....so realistically, it is very well received despite this launch.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
The story(and characters) was good but I didn't feel connected to the world , the city . Feel like i'm still a outside watching from afar , doesn't give a shit about who controls this or that .

I wish they do a bethesda's kind of world ( i dont mean schedule NPCs) . It just need to have a guilds/factions you can chose to join , and each one have a story of their own . So you can be a detective , a theft , a merc , a corp rat , or even max tac, etc .

This way I can fully immersive into the world .
sorry bro but you should've known with what you played with the witcher 3 that cd projekt red isn't going to make an immersive open world like other games and apparently can't improve (in those aspects) from a game that they released 5 years ago. :messenger_horns:

THEAP99

Banned
you're in every thread against it my guy, and last I spoke to you you didn't even really play it....

and the consensus is that it's at an 89 dark souls level, despite drama and bugs....so realistically, it is very well received despite this launch.
You: "I am still winning"

Actually you:
1hyssv.jpg

Last edited:
sorry bro but you should've known with what you played with the witcher 3 that cd projekt red isn't going to make an immersive open world like other games and apparently can't improve (in those aspects) from a game that they released 5 years ago. :messenger_horns:

it wasn't a flaw in that game 5 years ago. it was light years ahead of every other open world RPG out...hence the accolades.

do you like...ONLY care about NPC interactivity so you can go on rampages or something lmao

aren't you the one with the friend that thought AC valhalla was like the witcher 3 and you bought it because you thought he might be right?

that's some casual shit bro.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Game is Trash but worst of all time or most disappointing is a strech.

Now they still have time to FIX it, develop better Physics/AI and put into the game, fix the bugs, graphics & performances issues.

As for the RPG elements they can´t do shit, it´s far behind W3, we were told we would get a pure rpg where choices matter, well choices don´t matter lmao.

Edit: Trash in current state, they can fix it to become a great game but the RPG elements will always be trash but i never needed rpg elements to consider a game a straight 9 or 10/10.

Edit 2: At this point, San Andreas had more RPG elements btw, at least i could Tatoo CJ or change his hair lmao.

Last edited:
You: "I am still winning"

1hyssv.jpg

yet, you run away whenever directly asked anything about the game's actual mechanics and when i ask if you had played anything yet lol you avoid it, doesn't scream confidence...

still haven't answered those questions

and like I said, it's at an 89...despite a shit launch, trans drama, and minor bandwagon shit. you're the one hoping that it's this objectively bad game...weirdly and only posting negative reviews as if there aren't a plethora of positive ones. let me guess they were hyped, the negative ones are "real" lol

If for whatever reason Cyberpunk 2077 is the last game I ever review, I'll be more than satisfied. Cyberpunk 2077 is a landmark experience that will remain the standard-bearer for immersive play for years to come. Maybe only CD Projekt RED itself will be able to top it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an experience without peer.
You can feel the love, the sheer force of will that every developer has poured into this project, which I reiterate, for me, is simply without equal. Regardless of what aspiring censors and opinion peddlers may say about it, I believe Cyberpunk 2077 will stride into the history books with confidence and conviction. Cyberpunk 2077 is a celebration of the entire medium, marrying cutting-edge technical innovation, unrestrained user agency in an authentic and immersive experience that transports you to another universe. No game has executed on the promise of gaming like Cyberpunk 2077. CD Projekt RED's artistic achievement cannot be overstated.

welp guys I guess we have a stalemate, you posted a negative, I posted a positive. shall we keep going?

how about for every negative review I'll post a positive one lol we'll see who....has more at the end eh?

Last edited:
Depending on how much people want to hate this game, they will often mention it's been in development for seven, eight, I've even seen nine years. But it's only really been in development since after Blood and Wine, which came out in 2016 - and they even had to have a reset at some point inbetween then and now. From 2013 to 2016 they were still very much working on the Witcher.

The one thing you have to sort of cop to with this game is that it doesn't feel entirely finished in some respects, particularly some of the open-world elements. They could easily have used more time with this one but I guess they felt they couldn't delay it any further. With a little work on CDPR's part, though, this could go from a great game to an all-time great. There's still more than enough here though to make it anything but a disappointment.

Depending on how much people want to hate this game, they will often mention it's been in development for seven, eight, I've even seen nine years. But it's only really been in development since after Blood and Wine, which came out in 2016 - and they even had to have a reset at some point inbetween then and now. From 2013 to 2016 they were still very much working on the Witcher.

The one thing you have to sort of cop to with this game is that it doesn't feel entirely finished in some respects, particularly some of the open-world elements. They could easily have used more time with this one but I guess they felt they couldn't delay it any further. With a little work on CDPR's part, though, this could go from a great game to an all-time great. There's still more than enough here though to make it anything but a disappointment.

want, is the key word lol

Absolute fucking truth. RDR2 is an incredible, polished, detail-rish game that is just not that fun to play. CP2077 has pulled me in with fun quests adj good writing and a world I actually want to be in.
Exactly. Bugs and performance can be fixed. The whole gameplay behind your story not.
I only hate the fact CP2077 is light in some areas. Like no random NPC interaction besides some voice lines. Not much sex in a very sexualized world. And not story RPG progression like new appartments and other stuff while you climb up the ladder.

imsosleepy

imagine if they went the same route as witcher 3. Not release it on old gen and only focus on pc and next gen. The game would be GOTG, sell for years and stay high in the top lists just like the witcher 3 did. But nope they wanted to cash in short term on the pre orders and now they fucked themselfs good. I told a few people off to get it for their ps4 because it really is unplayable and just looks like a ps3 game even ps2 at times.

such a shame for the developers who spend so much time making it look as good as it does on a high end pc only to get shit on due to the ps4 version..

they truly fucked themselfs to sell this for the long run lol and its funny to see but also sad

THEAP99

Banned
Absolute fucking truth. RDR2 is an incredible, polished, detail-rish game that is just not that fun to play. CP2077 has pulled me in with fun quests adj good writing and a world I actually want to be in.
Welp at the end of the day we all have preferences. In cyberpunk's current state, it's not organic and immersive enough to me but there's certainly a quality game under the jank. I also think idk, I generally prefer 3rd over first person but I loved plenty of first person games like bioshock.

At the end of the day for me - immersive connection is key. Hopefully cd Projekt can turn it around perfect Cyberpunk 2077 for my ps5 sometime soon. Though I think the fact I have wait for the game to be fully realized is kinda sad and what I think keeps them from hitting that high bar they wanted to strive to hit.

Komatsu

The Cyberpunk 2077 hate caravan is the most boring show around, and it looks like it'll have many seasons. It almost makes me wish for those brain dead console war threads we get now and then.

For those of us who are old enough to remember yesterday (as in, 2011), vast, ambitious open world games with hemorrhaging memory leaks (um, PS3 Skyrim?), overheating (Oblivion 1.0 on the X360), disk access routines that could literally brick your console... all of it happens once you tackle AAA titles that cost more than 9 figures, with hundreds of people managing thousands of assets, etc. And it's not like CDPR is doing anything different from their usual MO: all of their games were rather janky upon release. Without exception. Witcher 1.0 vanilla had all sorts of issues - walls on the Outskirts of Vizima that would freeze you in place, quests that would suddenly fail, etc.

The difference between CD Projekt Red and, say, Bethesda. is that they have consistently improved upon their releases without shafting the original buyers. I did not pay a dime for the W1 and W2 enhanced editions - as a buyer of the original games, those two titles simply dropped in my library.

I do think that they would save themselves a lot of grief if they used UE instead of the RED Engine - in-house engines tend to be messy and nothing beats Epic when it comes to troubleshooting, quick iteration and documentation.

Last edited:
The Cyberpunk 2077 hate caravan is the most boring show around, and it looks like it'll have many seasons. It almost makes me wish for those brain dead console war threads we get now and then.

For those of us who are old enough to remember yesterday (as in, 2011), vast, ambitious open world games with hemorrhaging memory leaks (um, PS3 Skyrim?), overheating (Oblivion 1.0 on the X360), disk access routines that could literally brick your console... all of it happens once we are tackling AAA titles that cost more than 9 figures, with hundreds of people managing thousands of assets, etc. And it's not like CDPR is doing anything different from their usual MO: all of their releases were rather janky upon release. Without exception. Witcher 1.0 vanilla had all sorts of issues - walls on the Outskirts of Vizima that would freeze you in place, quests that would suddenly fail, etc.

The difference between CD Projekt Red and, say, Bethesda. is that they have consistently improved upon their releases without shafting the original buyers. I did not pay a dime for the W1 and W2 enhanced editions - as a buyer of the original game, those two titles simply dropped in my library.

I do think that they would save themselves a lot of grief if they used UE instead of the RED Engine - in-house engines tend to be messy and nothing beats Epic when it comes to troubleshooting, quick iteration and documentation.

this guy actually knows his games^

Last edited:

Chukhopops

As I play more of it, it's becoming clearer that absolutely nothing (except maybe RDR2) comes close to the scope, size and ambition of Cyberpunk. I will always prefer a game that tries plenty of things and fails at some, as opposed to a game that goes safe from the beginning and makes a perfect but predictable product.

I'm willing to bet that the general opinion on this game will do a 180 the exact moment the PS5 version gets a Quality mode or a patch to improve performance mode's resolution.

acm2000

im very intrigued as to whats causing the crashes on PC, my lowly laptop (i7 GTX1060) has only crashed once and that was straight after i did 1.04 update on first starting it, hasnt crashed before or since, and no major bugs, a streamer i watch with an i7 16GB GTX1080ti has had zero crashes, where as another streamer i watch with a i7 32GB GTX 1080 has crashes every 30-60 minutes, the only real difference being the ram amount, ive already told him about the mem pool edit so im hoping thats what it comes down too, poor memory management.

oldergamer

I think the majority of the crowd saying they are disappointed are people that would play on PlayStation. as those are the least complete versions. Including people on ps5 as its in BC mode.

The xbox consoles are capable of being gen aware while in BC mode, and can tailor the experience better like adding the quality more or adding more npc traffic. or use more resources without fully taking advantage of next gen features.

I will be honest when i say gta doesn't have great writing. It does have better npc interaction and police. It also has more things to do beside side quests.

You should be able to ask someone out and go on dates and have more minigames available in cp2077. Vehicles you steal should have persisted after u left them. Or if u drop weapons they should stay. All its lacking is that and the npc interaction.

shubik

I´m disappointed by its current technical state on Playstation. But I absolutely love the game itself. Sure... the AI is shit and lots of things could be added but the game delivers 100% on the stuff that is important to me. I love the story, the setting, the side content, the music and the world.

It is one of those games for me where I absolutely get lost for hours and then suddenly look at the clock and it´s waaaay past bedtime.

UncleMeat

dude, it literally has the same design scheme as the witcher 3.

these interactive NPC's you gamers (that think you know more than you do), keep bitching about is about the same level of interactivity that was in the witcher 3, and the interesting point is...everyone seemed to KNOW then that wasn't needed to make the witcher 3 what it was.

problem now is... cars, guns and first person. so you people are confused, and keep having GTA flash backs and fallout flashbacks and want a marriage of that. When that's never been what i expected from CDPR at ALL. and neither should you.

you should have expected witcher 3 but in a different setting, different perspective, which would lead to better gameplay, and it essentially delivered on that. because the quests in comparison to it's counterparts are still unmatched, side quests and "emergent stuff" wasn't really in the witcher 3 either, they would have an exclamation points or a question mark....just like they do here. what do ya know.

your articulation, and expectation is wrong, projected, and completely unfair. When RDR came out was it an innovation of GTA? not really, just a solid game done with their design scheme in a different setting. which can still produce an AMAZING generational game.

even the witcher 3 wasn't necessarily an innovation, it was just an opus of an open world RPG because of the amount of heart they put into every facet of it; especially in comparison to other devs.

answer this please, what is this beastly game your going to move on to that is shitting on cyberpunk. and tell me why? would you recommend it to me? is it so badass I should drop cyberpunk because this game you're moving on to is badass? i gotta play it. Like i said you guys must be playing some goat shit. lol

I was just thinking tonight how similar this game is to Witcher 3, you described it perfectly. I think some people were expecting a perfect cyberpunk world simulation they could live in instead of just a really great video game, which is what we got.

Not to say there isn't legit criticism, that reddit post above is all valid but overall the game is still easily a 9/10 for me. (playing on xsx)

Last edited:

Ricky_Bee

Banned
but notice you don't do that with any other games

I think I would have said that my very favourite games always leave me wanting more.

In Elite Dangerous not being able to get out of the chair sent me off to games like Dead Space and Mass Effect. And a host of sci fi novels.

And Dead Space left me wanting... to go space mining without the pesky necromorphs or anything getting in the way.

The yearning for more. I don’t think it’s bad. I think it’s why you play the games :)

I'm not playing the game until there's a proper next gen version. I've been playing the PS4 version on my PS5 and it's crashing way too much for comfort. It's a buggy mess.

Ricky_Bee

Banned

To an extent... what the game is is loving representation of the Cyberpunk/Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG which, *to an extent* is in an of itself a primary source for Cyberpunk with its own tropes and quirks. And probably one of the more influential ones. Lots of people’s main reference even.

Dude says it isn’t Cyberpunk but it is very CP2020.

So... Johnny Silverhand has a silly name and is seeking vengeance for his input but he’s been like that for thirty two years now! All your man is doing is saying he isn’t familiar with source material the game is using. Silverhand isn’t a rocker, after all. He’s a rockerboy which again was probably less cringe thirty years ago when we were all young and full of piss and vinegar but what wasn’t.

(I also suspect he sucks at driving. You need to brake, guys. No. More than that. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.)

So I agree it isn’t perfect. But what it is *interesting* and that’s is pretty valuable.

That it has stuck so closely to the tropes and quirks of CP2020 is... its different and interesting. Not what Ubisoft or EA or Polygon or Kotaku would do. It’s interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom