• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most DISAPPOINTING games ever!

LivingD3AD

First of all, I’m a huge fan of the Withcer 3, best RPG experience this generation for me and CDPR have raised my expectations for their upcoming cyberpunk style Role Playing Game mindblowingly high! Played 10 hours thus far on PS5 and the game never comes close to my expectations! CDPR made a huge mistake with this game and raised the expectations and pre release hype for this game insanely high!
Cyberpunk 2077 should have been a next gen only title and would come in 2022 at least. It still needed huge amount of development time. Definitely unfinished project.
Aside from the unprecedented BUGs and glitches, gameplay and RPG mechanisms are Meh at best!

Also Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 and Xbone is nothing short of a disaster tho!

what the fuck CD Projekt Red?!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I agree, I think it should have be PR(ed) as something like Immersive Sim, not really RPG like a modern Deus Ex...

cebri.one

Only Mods and CDP supporting the game could save it, I have zero interest in exploring the world. Most quests are mostly the same, your choices almost do not have any consequences. Way worse than any Witcher game.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Explain how it's not an RPG.
It is, but that game I mentioned is also like RPG, not sure how to articulate, but it does not feel like Witcher type RPG, it's about nuance. I think it's sort really focused on main path, side missions are mostly really minimalistic.

cebri.one

Is it less of an rpg than Witcher 3 or about the same?

Not even close. It's shooter rpg, more depth than destiny, similar to the division in some ways.

Have to agree. I'm on 1.0.4 ( on PC ) and have encountered only a handful of small bugs and graphical glitches. It's been 99.9% working properly and as expected.

Maybe before launch it was glitchy on PC, but on launch day it was already patched up to 1.0.3 and 2 days later it was up to 1.0.4.

He is not referring to issues with performance but with the flat world, storyline and progression system. Yeah, the game is beautiful, but that's not the issue.

Last edited:

Keihart

I have like 40 hours already, it's super buggy and has some real jank but combat it's way better than Witcher's, quests are as good if not better and aesthetically it's pretty cool too.
Game is alright, but if you where in the hype train i could get some disappointment, i wasn't really sold on any of the pre release footage honestly, i just bought it because the combat looked alright compared to other games in the same genre, i would go as far as to say that maybe it has the best combat in the genre, which it's not really a high bar but also a cool achievement considering combat almost always sucks in this type of games.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

This is the advert they are spamming all over the Internet RIGHT NOW! go on reddit on any gaming board and this thing will pop up to try and sell you the game.

They marketed this and still market this as the greatest GTA game to not be called GTA. Nothing in this trailer happens in game, this literally never happens, its one huge con.

The only diffrence with the reddit version is it then trys to sell you it on xbox...

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
What a terrible opinion.

In a world where Anthem exists, Destiny exists, Fallout 4 exists, TLOU2 exists, Cyberpunk doesn't break the top disappointing games of the generation, let alone "ever". Children really need to learn to control their emotions before posting hyperbole on the internet.

Keihart

This is the advert they are spamming all over the Internet RIGHT NOW! go on reddit on any gaming board and this thing will pop up to try and sell you the game.

They marketed this and still market this as the greatest GTA game to not be called GTA. Nothing in this trailer happens in game, this literally never happens, the only diffrence with the reddit version is it then trys to sell you it on xbox...

That's a CG trailer and the set pieces are all within act 1 and begining of 2, what is your complain exactly with that trailer?

DonJorginho

Banned
Been playing it for 15+ hours, I'm still waiting for the disappointment that people keep mentioning, I'm on PC so that's probably the problem.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️
40 hours in here, it's surpassed my expectations, a truly amazing experience, I'm on a PS5 here so can only imagine how much better playing on PC makes it.

Unpopular opinion but I like it more than The Witcher 3 just for it's setting and combat.

Kacho

Is it less of an rpg than Witcher 3 or about the same?
Lol no. You can tell they share the same RPG DNA. Very similar in a lot of ways, at least on a surface level.

Cyberpunk has much more in-depth skill trees and build variety tho, plus you can customize the look of your character. Very important things to me in an RPG.

Gameplay wise it’s like a combination of modern Fallout and Deus Ex, only the gunplay is satisfying and feels good.

FastOrc

I remember reading and watching videos on youtube pointing out you could interact with people on the streets and have conversations with everyday people... You get one quick liner and that's it..
that was just one thing out of many that never made it.... I finished the game, it's not the game i was believed it would be..

Last edited:

Reckheim

10 hours? did you get to Act 2 yet?

the game gets into its stride a bit later on. Including the RPG elements when you can start spending perk points, and upgrading your body parts.

Top Bottom