• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami English Preview + Hype Hype

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Himuro said:
So on the Okami demo you have to help a guy with a rock, so you scout out the alcoholic warrior near the boulder. He says in order to start training he needs sake but he's ran out. The girl in the village makes sake but her machine is broke and you have to fix it. How do you fix it?

I've tried using the brush to redraw the water wheel but nothing has happened.

You have the right idea. You may be using the wrong stroke to fix it. While the brush is flawless for battle, fixing things can be a LITTLE finicky sometimes. Try changing the camera angle while in canvas mode.

momolicious said:
EGM said the bad of this game is Long-winded, what does that mean

It means EGM is full of idiots. They`re probably complaining about the game`s copious dialogue, but it has no more dialogue than any other game of its type.

On the other hand, they may be comparing to Zelda. Okami actually has a fairly involved story, unlike Zelda games, so that could be the issue.

jenov4

19.jpg

I'm not sure if this was posted, but someone sent me a link to that! :O~~

I think they're papercraft Okami. Looks HOT!

sammy

jenov4 said:
19.jpg

I'm not sure if this was posted, but someone sent me a link to that! :O~~

I think they're papercraft Okami. Looks HOT!

....want....

man, this game needs to hurry up and come the shit out .... i'm really damn tired of waiting.

Johnas

Got my new EGM today, really glad to see they gave three pages to Okami's review. It also had shots of some beautiful new stuff I hadn't seen before.

BluWacky

TheTrin said:
It means EGM is full of idiots. They`re probably complaining about the game`s copious dialogue, but it has no more dialogue than any other game of its type.

On the other hand, they may be comparing to Zelda. Okami actually has a fairly involved story, unlike Zelda games, so that could be the issue.

Personally I agree with EGM to an extent - I still think Okami's too padded out with too little reward. Sure, it's not Wind Waker-padded, at least you're getting gameplay out of it other than winching things out of the sea, but the end felt a bit too drawn out and the game seems to "end" about three times.

Sure, you get giant clockwork owls and a damn fun final boss, but the boss refights smelt too much like Viewtiful Joe for my liking and the giant clockwork owls were a little bit "whu?" for my liking. I also, oddly, felt really annoyed with the final brush waza you gained - it's just the ice forming one, right? I felt that the end of the game should give you something awesome, but... eh.

Then again, I bought Okami when I had my final university exams coming up and had to rush through it so it would stop sucking up revision time, so my opinion doesn't count anyway :D

Amir0x

Banned
Ancestor said:
Got my new EGM today, really glad to see they gave three pages to Okami's review. It also had shots of some beautiful new stuff I hadn't seen before.

They had this one incredible shot on page 3 of the review, with a bunch of those trees... I said wow

Top Bottom