• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official switch controllers should have different coloured buttons

Meted

Here are 3 officially licensed switch controllers all having the same colour scheme for each face button.
Xy1FN1T.png
dGXNNZO.png
2L9kUmk.jpg

Why do this when Xbox and Sony add colour to help differentiate.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
More importantly, Nintendo and Microsoft need to "paper, rock, scissors" or something to determine which one of them has to switch their face buttons to the other console's layout. Going from Switch to Xbox controller prompts is all sorts of confusing.

Meted

More importantly, Nintendo and Microsoft need to "paper, rock, scissors" or something to determine which one of them has to switch their face buttons to the other console's layout. Going from Switch to Xbox controller prompts is all sorts of confusing.
quick time events are really hard when you have to look down at the controller to see which button is which.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I’d love to have colored buttons. However, i believe they want to avoid the buttons clashing with the color of the joycon.
If they released a grey pair with colored buttons, or a grey pro controller, i’d buy in no time.

sn0man

I presume this is because there is a joycon orientation issue. The prompts all show a diamond with a filled in circle so you just hit, relatively speaking, the cardinal direction.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Almost like they don't want you to change consoles 😱

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Never liked the way Nintendo have the B & A and Y & X layout.

Panaphonics

Banned
quick time events are really hard when you have to look down at the controller to see which button is which.

Not a lot of Xbox games have quick time events. This is more PlayStation thing. A lot of those exclusive games have quick time events.

Meted

Not a lot of Xbox games have quick time events. This is more PlayStation thing. A lot of those exclusive games have quick time events.
playing xenoblade chronicles 2 and there are only quick time events for salvaging minigames. it's a dumb thing and no option to turn quick times off

Top Bottom