• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

darthvargi

Literally the first game I got for my quest. Loving it.

Any SteamVR gems that aren’t just ports?
Sairento and In Death Unchained are two games that aren't straight ports from Steam. In Death has a new stage and Sairento has unique arenas. I don't think Sairento is as good as it is on PC but I like the Quest version a lot.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Literally the first game I got for my quest. Loving it.

Any SteamVR gems that aren’t just ports?
It's on the PC Oculus Store not SteamVR but Lone Echo is on sale and utterly essential. One of the best VR games.

Last edited:

Daciral

Neo Member
Quick question:
I have a buddy visiting next week and I want to show him something cool on the Quest 2.
For noobies to VR, what would you all recommend? Beat Saber is not his kind of deal. I have Vader Immortal, Superhot, and Eleven Table Tennis.
I think Superhot is probably the best, but let me know if there is another cool experience out there I should be showing him and just not thinking of.
Thanks,
I always go through the "First Steps with Oculus" with anyone new to it. It's actually amazing for most beginners. From there I usually go into simple games. Superhot is a good choice. Echo is another good one too. I also like the fishing game, I don't remember the name now.

stranno

L6ix4rRh.jpg

I have bought this cheap (11€) A2DP transmitter to send audio over BT, along with SideQuest video, to OBS. It works pretty fine with the A2DP Sink feature of Windows 10 2004+.

If anyone is searching for a dirty cheap audio solution for Quest 2, this is a good one. It's available on Amazon ES, but can be bought from FR, IT and DE as well.

RPS37

Still looking for good SteamVR games.
I’m also kind of sad that my free replacement face cover came today and I think the one I bought on Amazon is a slight bit better.

RPS37

The VR Cover silicone facial interface is so nice.
It’s crazy they were just giving them away.

Edit: never mind. Haven’t taken this thing anywhere for months. Forgot how it fit in the case.

Also I love my Quest 2. Only used it a handful of times, but I somehow can’t stop buying accessories for it

Last edited:
L6ix4rRh.jpg

I have bought this cheap (11€) A2DP transmitter to send audio over BT, along with SideQuest video, to OBS. It works pretty fine with the A2DP Sink feature of Windows 10 2004+.

If anyone is searching for a dirty cheap audio solution for Quest 2, this is a good one. It's available on Amazon ES, but can be bought from FR, IT and DE as well.
i have the same strap

way better quality than that easily breakable elite strap crap

and cheaper

elbourreau

Hi everyone

We are officialy starting our first VR title communication campaign (occulus +steamVR + PS5 -post release-). We are about to show a lot of thing (we have a very first teaser to come in a few days / weeks! :) ), and we really hope you will enjoy our game since we are thrilled to work on VR !

I'll come back very soon with more pictures and gif.

Cheers!

elbourreau

Looking good!
Thanks!

We'll share screens and gifs till halloween (everything realtime captured), when we'll launch a early teaser. :)
We are eager to communicate with VR enthusiasts as we are aiming to give players a full VR expérience, not just a cheap or clanky rollercoaster.

VRgaf, feel free to share and subscribe!

lrolyeH.gif

lRBwXrt.gif

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Any of my Quest 2 homies had a chance to play RE4 VR yet? I've kind of been taking a break from VR lately I've been working a lot and just feel so worn out. At one time I was really excited for RE4, it's pretty much the Quest 2 killer app. Any impressions?

kizito

Any of my Quest 2 homies had a chance to play RE4 VR yet? I've kind of been taking a break from VR lately I've been working a lot and just feel so worn out. At one time I was really excited for RE4, it's pretty much the Quest 2 killer app. Any impressions?
Only played for like one hour, but shocked by the quality of the port. It's super polished and works surprisingly well. Might become one of the best VR games currently available. The VR aspect of it makes it feel even more like a fast paced action game than horror like in my memories of the original. The gunfeel especially, being able to shoot the enemies the way you want allows some creative maneuvers like breaking a window and shooting on enemies with just your hand outside and you hiding. A lot of the mechanics are super well adapted (like reloading or some puzzles). Also, there is a vast array of options for movement so you can fine tune the experience to your liking. Would recommend without hesitating based on my experience.

darthvargi

Only played for like one hour, but shocked by the quality of the port. It's super polished and works surprisingly well. Might become one of the best VR games currently available. The VR aspect of it makes it feel even more like a fast paced action game than horror like in my memories of the original. The gunfeel especially, being able to shoot the enemies the way you want allows some creative maneuvers like breaking a window and shooting on enemies with just your hand outside and you hiding. A lot of the mechanics are super well adapted (like reloading or some puzzles). Also, there is a vast array of options for movement so you can fine tune the experience to your liking. Would recommend without hesitating based on my experience.
Echo the same. I cannot get over how amazing it is in VR. They completely nailed it, honestly Facebook needs to quit airing the Beat Saber commercial and show some of the trailers they've made for this. I know it's been ported to everything under the sun but this is a new experience.

mxbison

Man I want to play RE4 so badly but the Quest 2 just doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade from the Quest 1.

Let's see what they announce at the Facebook Connect, maybe Pro is a nice option.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It‘s an absolute blast. Feels like a new game in terms of the minute to minute gameplay. It’s definitely easier… no doubt about that. You can easily pop a couple of head shots, and rush in with your knife already equipped to finish them off.

Ok, the textures are very basic, and the cut scene swap outs to 2d are jarring, but other than that, it’s an excellent VR port.

darthvargi

Man I want to play RE4 so badly but the Quest 2 just doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade from the Quest 1.

Let's see what they announce at the Facebook Connect, maybe Pro is a nice option.
I don't know if it's against the rules to post a link to a subreddit but the Oculus Quest subreddit has a guide to getting RE4 to run on an original Quest.

It boils down to having some kind of emulator that you use to legally buy and download the APK and then you side load it on the Quest. Apparently it's pretty good on Quest 1 just with some scaled back textures and resolution.

Had a quest 2 on launch but sold it 9 months ago.

Really miss playing vr so I'm waiting for this Facebook Connect event on Thursday before buying either a Quest 2 or hopefully a Quest 2+ if out this year.

If its next year I think I'll get a quest 2 next week and can always sell it to upgrade next year as can't wait another 3/4 months

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
After the positive impressions here, I bought and just gave it a try on the full immersive mode. Oh man, this shit is fucking crazy. There's just a whole level of immersion you can't get from flatlander play. I was acting like I was running around, hiding and peeking around corners. The zombies feel like they're coming after you, not just a character in the game. Glad I still have my VR legs. The immersive mode can get heavy on your equilibrium when strafing or with elevation changes.

Rob_27

Yea I'm enjoying it. What other games can the quest 2 handle that are like this? Or is this the only good release? I can't hook it up to a pc as mine is crap.

I might be getting a quest 2 next weekend and see there's a referral code thing now where we both get £23 ($30)

Does anyone want to send me a referral so if/when I get the quest 2 we both get credit??

Not sure what details you need from me but ask away!!

McCheese

I might be getting a quest 2 next weekend and see there's a referral code thing now where we both get £23 ($30)

Does anyone want to send me a referral so if/when I get the quest 2 we both get credit??

Not sure what details you need from me but ask away!!

can do, pm me your Facebook account

Majukun

L6ix4rRh.jpg

how is the bobovr for comfort?
i'm planning on buy a quest and i'm between that and the kiwi one to replace the apparently really bad head strap

Last edited:

stranno

how is the bobovr for comfort?
i'm planning on buy a quest and i'm between that and the kiwi one to replace the apparently really bad head strap
It is great. Many padded zones, many rotation zones to fit it in any head, well built to be a Chinese product, fantastic design. It's really night and day compared to the crappy official strap.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I've been playing Half-Life: Alyx using the Quest 2 via wired connection. I have a question. When playing HL, often, it will sorta lose the tracking of the floor and it'll put me about 6 inches to a foot off the ground as I'm playing. Its disorienting and can give me a headache. I play in a very well lit room. Is there a way to fix this other than loading the last saved game with proper positioning?

Majukun

My oculus will arrive this monday..if anyone wants to give me a referral code so that we both get some free money, just send me a DM.

Speaking of my new oculus....which are the lesser known games that are worth buying?

kizito

My oculus will arrive this monday..if anyone wants to give me a referral code so that we both get some free money, just send me a DM.

Speaking of my new oculus....which are the lesser known games that are worth buying?
Sending you a DM with a referral code and an answer to your question !

Buggy Loop

Holy shit. This is basically a Quest 2 Pro if it works as expected from a freaking update.

Quest 2 updates have been nothing but pure awesomeness so far. Very good purchase. The product now is totally in another league compared to what was proposed at launch.

Top Bottom