• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler 2 will launch on February 24, 2023

Pejo

First game was a surprise hit for me, I bought it 3 times - Switch version, then collector's version, then on Steam.

New cast looks ok, but this time I hope they intertwine the stories and go a little deeper on them. In the original, after each character's chapter 1, the stories kinda lost their way. Battle system looks intact, which I enjoyed. I'm excited to see the improvements.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Played it on gamepass and just couldn’t get into it. Loved the art style and 2DHD aesthetic. Only played first chapters of hannit, thief dude, healer and Cyrus for what it’s worth. Maybe it gets better. I kinda didn’t like the battle system’s Break mechanic either. Rogue Legacy 2 pulled me away from it and I never went back.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
First game was a surprise hit for me, I bought it 3 times - Switch version, then collector's version, then on Steam.

New cast looks ok, but this time I hope they intertwine the stories and go a little deeper on them. In the original, after each character's chapter 1, the stories kinda lost their way. Battle system looks intact, which I enjoyed. I'm excited to see the improvements.
Its right on the trailer that the stories will be intertwined.The question is to what extent, but given that this was shown on the trailer, enough so that people will be satisfied

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I haven't beaten the first one but it was mildly fun
Triangle strategy interests me more

Last edited:

graywolf323

Last edited:

reksveks

well we can probably guess one of the things coming in Sony’s State of Play this evening then

probably didn’t do as well as Square-Enix would like, I’m sure we’ll see a late port that comes straight to GamePass
maybe that and/or SE really knows how to get money out of Phil/Xbox. Incentives does get a bit weird when you have a subscription model service.

I mean in all honesty speaking, if you fan of JRPGS, Switch, PS5 and even PC it’s much better choice than Xbox.
Yeah, you can't rely on Xbox for all of the games, "enough jrpg's" might depend on how much you play. Steam Deck does seem like a good bet going forwards.

PJX

Sure but also most of the time JRPGs sell better on Switch and Playstation than Xbox since most of the audience own Nintendo and Playstation systems.
Can't sell what you don't advertise. All those games usually come late to the Xbox or it's advertise for the PS / Switch only.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can't sell what you don't advertise. All those games usually come late to the Xbox or it's advertise for the PS / Switch only.
I’m not 100% sure, how much Scarlet Nexus which mostly advertised on Xbox sold on Xbox compare to Playstation?

Fbh

I hope the story is better in this one.
Loved the gameplay and music of the original but I found most stories rather boring and I didn't end up finishing it

While I loved the gameplay (well, really liked) the 1st, I've never played a game disrespectful of a player's time. Yeah, sure it's a JRPG but for the relevant total ending to be obscenely high leveled, I did the 8 stories and watched the end on YouTube so I will wait to hear about it before I try the 2nd

Is Triangle Strategy better in this sense?

wvnative

I was deeply disappointed in the first one, no character interaction between party members and each chapter had such a huge bump in enemy levels it felt grindy. I felt misled by the demo.

But I LOVED the game's concept, I hope this one is improved

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Square Enix is killing it lately. Feels like I'm drowning in Switch RPGs from now until at least late next year

Dragon Quest X Offline
Diofield Chronicle
Harvestella
Tactics Ogre
Romancing Saga Remaster
Dragon Quest Treasures
Crisis Core
Octopath 2
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line

EDIT: and I still plan on finishing Live A Live, after I'm done with Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Last edited:
Top Bottom