• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update: Octopath Traveler II is not coming to Xbox Game Pass

Tsaki

Either they don't want to cannibalize sales on other platforms in the holiday period and the announcement will come later or the interest in the game just took a nosedive.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love this game and bought it twice (digital on Steam, physical on Switch).

All you Xbros that complain about the system not having enough JRPGs need to buy this.

bender

What time is it?

All you Xbros that complain about the system not having enough JRPGs need to buy this.

im-not-familiar-with-the-concept-alina-starkov.gif

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Guess no one on team green here will be playing it then
Releasing their games on Xbox 1+ years after all other systems at full price and then saying the audience isn’t there when sales don’t pick up. Sqex sure have perfected the self-fulfilling prophecy routine. Watch them blame the Xbox audience when they release the most barebones port of FF7 remake part 1 on the next Xbox in 2028 for $80 and the game flops.

Dr_Ifto

Time to see if team green buys games.

Releasing their games on Xbox 1+ years after all other systems at full price and then saying the audience isn’t there when sales don’t pick up. Sqex sure have perfected the self-fulfilling prophecy routine. Watch them blame the Xbox audience when they release the most barebones port of FF7 remake part 1 on the next Xbox in 2028 for $80 and the game flops.
This happens to other consoles in reverse.

Last edited:

Neofire

Good, this game developers deserve to get every penny that it's worth and not be cannibalized by GP. Very good game.

Gambit2483

MS conditions its userbase to only play JRPG games on Gamepass.

SE: "Let's release Octopath Traveller 2...not on Gamepass."
jaw-drop-cant-believe-it.gif

Spitfire098

Either they don't want to cannibalize sales on other platforms in the holiday period and the announcement will come later or the interest in the game just took a nosedive.
That's assuming a large enough overlap of gamepass users and PS, Switch, or PC, which I don't think is the case.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I would but I already bought it on Switch.

I'd consider double dipping on both 1 and 2 when they're truly dirt cheap just for slightly improved performance. It's on SQEX if they can't figure out that bringing a game a year late means they miss out on some sales.

I've always expected that the game would have done somewhat decently on Xbox though. People played the first one on GP so try and sell the 2nd one to that audience at retail. Would have been a lot more appealing had they not done it a year late, but better later than never.

Naked Lunch

Glad its coming to Xbox. Ill buy it just like I did the first.

Now just waiting on the FF Pixelremasters to release on Xbox please.
Oh and Front Mission 2.

A.Romero

Wrong! I will be. Want a 4K/60fps version to complement my Switch physical copy. Top 5 RPGs of this generation.

I downloaded the demo for the first game on Switch and found it to be very good.

I'm waiting for it to come down in price to see if I can pick it up.

Fabieter

Do we know the pricing tho? Is this already damage controlling the bad launch?

This news reminded me to buy the game. Thanks! The cartridge is at an all-time low right now. I was working through the first game until I got distracted by Sea of Stars. Now I’m busy with Pokemon Legends Arceus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom