• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October -> November is going to be a bloodbath for wallets

cormack12

Gold Member
October
2nd - Crash Bandicoot 4
2nd - Star Wars: Squadrons
9th - Dirt 5
9th - Fifa 21
29th - Watch Dogs: Legion

November
10th - Xbox Series S/X
10th - The Falconeer
10th - AC Valhalla
10th - Destiny Beyond Light
12th - PS5
12th - Demon Souls
12th - Spiderman Miles Morales
12th - Godfall
13th - Yakuza
13th - CoD Cold War
19th - Cyberpunk 2077
19th - Sackboy: A big adventure

97753c5a4c99bbd2ef3105ea99080183.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was looking at the game lineup for this year last week and was thinking how weak it was, actually. But yea, if you want new hardware, it is not going to be cheap. Also - a lot of people just dropped $700 on a new GPU.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Holy fuck i didn't realized that cyberpunk was soo close to ps5.

Maybe it's better this way, cyberpunk is gonna receive 4-5 patches on pc while i play the probably already optimized demons, yakuza and spidey...

lol who i'm kidding, the second they unlock cyberpunk i'm gonna be all over that bitch (not talking to you alanah)

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Not really for me.
Really I could easily skip new consoles this holiday season

October
2nd - Star Wars: Squadrons (maybe)

November
10th - Xbox Series S/X (if i can find one)
10th - AC Valhalla
12th - PS5 (if i can find one)

R6Rider

Gold Member
My next purchase is Mafia: Definitive Edition

After that I'm picking up Star Wars: Squadrons and Watch Dogs Legion. When PS5 hits I will grab Cyberpunk, Demon's Souls. I'll probably wait a bit for Miles Morales and will be waiting for the PS5 version of Yakuza.

I would grab Ride 4, but will also wait for PS5 version for that too. Crash 4 and Sackboy are titles I will get when cheap.

rob305

I'm getting a PS5, Series X and Cyberpunk at launch, maybe Watch Dogs as a filler if it doesnt to be out super woke (looks like it will be)
Spiderman will have to wait until I finish Cyberpunk and I'm not feeling AC Valhalla, will wait for reviews for that one

Damigos

Only PS5 + new 4k TV and the 18 games from PS plus ( i havent played 7 from them).
All new gen games after january

Reactions: Isa

LOLCats

Banned
yes it will hurt on consoles, but i have cyberpunk bought with ms rewards money and another $95 in rewards points currently. by the time they come out i should have enough for 2 full price games...

there are no new gen games for ps5 that im going to buy... i will probably get ghosts if disc is like $25 or less on black friday.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Nope, nothing there that interests me.
Unless there is an interesting indie or some other game on my wishlist that goes under 20$ on sale, it will 2 months reading books for entertainment.

bender

What time is it?
Ouch indeed

PS5
Dark Souls
Miles Morales
Yakuza, Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Dragon Quest X1 S
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Jury's still out on the games I'll be buying for PS5, but here's my current breakdown:

PS5 & Accessories - $707 and change.
Demon's Souls PS5 - $69.99
Sackboy: A Big Adventure - $59.99 (tentative)
Godfall - $69.99 (tentative)
Spiderman: Miles Morales - $49.99 (tentative)
Call of Duty: BLOPS CW - $69.99 (tentative)

Estimated total (after taxes): $1,050.15

What I'm really worried about is whether I can stomach biting the bullet and doing a new PC build next year (currently planning a $2k-$2500 budget with a 3080) or update my TV & monitor. I'm leaning for a new rig since I have a 120hz Alienware UW and an HDMI 2.1 Samsung RU8000 (not the best option, but should support VRR at 120hz for PS5 plus Freesync). I am going to get Sony's next PSVR iteration, but haven't a clue what or when to expect.

NOTE: This only pertains to PS5. I will likely buy a number of other games for PC.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Squadrons, Valhalla and Cyberpunk are my jams. Plus WoW Shadowlands, which you neglected from the list OP. Think I'm gonna wait on Legion, grab it on sale next year.

M.W.

PS5 DE on pre order. Will get XSX on pre order Tuesday. Picking up COD, AC, Cyber, Watch Dogs and others...

Oh and my Galaxy Tab S7+ arrived today. Fuck my wallet.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
tell me about dude,

oculus quest 2 + some games + elite headstrap + case
ps5 + controller + 2 games
ZOTAC 3080 + some new games
Nintendo shit .. Like that handheld etc

October
2nd - Crash Bandicoot 4
2nd - Star Wars: Squadrons
9th - Dirt 5
9th - Fifa 21
29th - Watch Dogs: Legion

November
10th - Xbox Series S/X
10th - The Falconeer
10th - AC Valhalla
10th - Destiny Beyond Light
12th - PS5
12th - Demon Souls
12th - Spiderman Miles Morales
12th - Godfall
13th - Yakuza
13th - CoD Cold War
19th - Cyberpunk 2077
19th - Sackboy: A big adventure

97753c5a4c99bbd2ef3105ea99080183.gif

dude you forgot Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. how dare you! lol

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I'm not getting for the rest of the year. Neat.

Catphish

Mafia: DE
SW: Squadrons
Cyberpunk

Maybe FIFA depending on reviews.
CoD can fuck off along with Tencent 👉

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm getting:

Cyberpunk
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Miles Morales: Be Yourself (PS4)
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit

Last edited:

TheContact

I plan on spending about a grand by November. I just bought a new desk and a 3arm monitor mount. I want to upgrade my case (it's not bad but I'm a sucker for the glass-panel cases now) and get a 3070 at some point.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Perfect time of year, company bonus time.

lachesis

I have about 800 dollars that I can easily spend (credit card points + some additional cash that's was not just part of my monthly budgets)...

I preordered a PS5, but I have no idea what game I'm going to buy it for, as most of the games that I want to play is on my PS4 Pro.
I am going to buy XSX on Day 1 though - and probably also join gamepass and see what it'd be like.

Also pre-ordered Age of Calamity for Switch.... but not much else for the rest of the year. Maybe some BC games - looking to buy MGS Legacy Collection for my PS3 downstairs, and few XSX BC games like Ninja Gaiden 2, VF5 Final Showdown etc, if it's not available on the Gamepass.

So only unexpected purchase I've made so far is PS5, and everything else is well within my budget though, thankfully.

Rikkori

#PatientGamers

I will wait for sale on everything except Cyberpunk 2077. Not like I will have time for the others. :p

Otherwise Gamepass' offerings will keep me busy besides what I already own.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Ps5-Godfall
Xbox-Ass Creed
iPhone

HOlding off a few months on 3080 (not like i have a choice, kind of glad I am not tempted with them being in stock)

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Never really got these 'x is gonna be a wallet killer time frame' stuff. How many people are actually buying all that crap instead of just two, maybe three, things? It's not that bad like that.

Just from the list in the OP, two things are of interest, one I have preordered, the other I'll bother with whenever. The rest don't interest me.

Top Bottom