• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia tops estimates and says sales will jump 170% this quarter, driven by demand for AI chips

Guys I don't think GPU prices are going down anytime soon 😂

I wonder if Nvidia will literally just cancel the RTX 50 series at some point because they need every single wafer TSMC can make for them to use as AI chips. I don't know why they would sell even a single consumer GPU right now when the margins on AI chips are so much higher.

forums way GIF

Last edited:
Nvidia has a 1000% profit margin on their H100 AI chips.
Gaming is now a drop in the ocean.

With AMD not planning on being competitive next gen according to recent rumors of no top end chip for RDNA4, what reason does Nvidia have to release RTX 50 series?

They really should just cancel it entirely and stick with RTX 40 series as top end for an additional GPU gen, not like the current gen of consoles are even remotely competitive anyways

GHG

Yeah... The only reason I went Nvidia on my last update was because of their tech stack...

Their heavy investment in AI has had knock on benefits for their gaming products as well.

Yeh their pricing sucks but the gap between them and their "competition" is only widening as time goes by.

Their heavy investment in AI has had knock on benefits for their gaming products as well.

Yeh their pricing sucks but the gap between them and their "competition" is only widening as time goes by.
DLSS is a product of all their AI research and it's pretty amazing

It's hard to claim that Nvidia has "competition" when the other two players in consumer GPU are AMD and Intel TBH

Reactions: GHG
Why is it "unfortunately"? Without their AI business their GPU's and upscaling tech would resemble what AMD offers.

puke GIF
?

?

BTW I was talking about the fact that amd and Intel are so far behind that makes it almost impossible to chose then instead Nvidia.

I use-a lot of in home steaming and parsec/remote play with my friends so for me Nvidia is a no Brainer.

Also since March this year I've moved from Data engineering to LLM based software development.

Reactions: GHG

willothedog

NVidia is not going to give up 80%, and rising, dGPU market share. They'll have the purchasing power to buy the fab space.

StereoVsn

Yep, at this point Nvidia doesn't care about gaming GPUs, when they can sell a GPU to hyperscalers, AI companies and other folks for $20-40k a pop when it costs $3500 to $5,000 to make.

I mean shit, can't even blame Jensen, it is time to Hussle. AMD is going all in for AI as well (at least trying).

Basically PC gaming is going to be f-d for next few years.

GHG

?

?

BTW I was talking about the fact that amd and Intel are so far behind that makes it almost impossible to chose then instead Nvidia.

I use-a lot of in home steaming and parsec/remote play with my friends so for me Nvidia is a no Brainer.

Also since March this year I've moved from Data engineering to LLM based software development.

Ah gotcha.

I read your previous post as "unfortunately" in the sense that Nvidia shouldn't be doing as well as they currently are.

Truth is, Nvidia doesn't need or want us anymore. I'm so tired of the GPU pricing that when my 3080 will finally became obsolete, I'll dump PC altogether, will get something like Mac M4 for work and PS6 for games.

Sigh.

This is what happens when a single company becomes so dominant and then discovers a way to make even more money. Too bad it’s not going to last.

I wonder if Nvidia will literally just cancel the RTX 50 series at some point because they need every single wafer TSMC can make for them to use as AI chips. I don't know why they would sell even a single consumer GPU right now when the margins on AI chips are so much higher.

forums way GIF
They can delay it but they won't cancel it specially the smaller chips. We might not see a 5090 at launch. Gaming GPUs bring a lot of marketing power to Nvidia, people know the Nvidia name because they have consumer products.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Friendly reminder that NVIDIA’s CEO Jen-Hsun Huang is the uncle of AMD’s CEO Lisa Su.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

forums way GIF

Because they'll need to have some type of foundation. They started off making GPUs for PCs. And mostly for gaming. If a competitor comes in to make APUs for A.I. training (think Tesla with DOJO), Nvidia can still rely on its gaming audience.

Friendly reminder that NVIDIA’s CEO Jen-Hsun Huang is the uncle of AMD’s CEO Lisa Su.

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom