• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

regawdless

Banned
Just received information about one of my orders for a 3080 Gainward Phoenix GS. The guy told me that I'm one of the next 10 people who'll get a card. Most likely with the next delivery from Gainward.
BUT he said that no one knows when that'll be. Can even be 4 weeks or more.

The wait continues.

mitchman

Gold Member
Just received information about one of my orders for a 3080 Gainward Phoenix GS. The guy told me that I'm one of the next 10 people who'll get a card. Most likely with the next delivery from Gainward.

The wait continues.
I have multiple pre-orders out. One should arrive Oct 22nd, the others are not clear. If for some reason they are all sent at the same time, I have already buyers for the spare ones.

regawdless

Banned
I have multiple pre-orders out. One should arrive Oct 22nd, the others are not clear. If for some reason they are all sent at the same time, I have already buyers for the spare ones.

Hehe I also have multiple active orders. All had a date for September or October, all got delayed indefinitely.
Curious to see the actual people to orders ratio. A lot of people have multiple orders. I think once the stock gets better, a small bubble will burst because people will cancel multiple orders once they receive a card.

That said, I think it'll take some time to reach that point.

McHuj

Rumor from reddit is that Amazon will be getting around ~25k MSI cards next week and another ~10k or so EVGA XC3 cards.

I think people who really want one and are on the hunt, will be able to get one in October. General and consistent supply might not happen till the end of the year.

regawdless

Banned
Rumor from reddit is that Amazon will be getting around ~25k MSI cards next week and another ~10k or so EVGA XC3 cards.

I think people who really want one and are on the hunt, will be able to get one in October. General and consistent supply might not happen till the end of the year.

Amazon US or Amazon in general?

AGRacing

Which case is this? I can’t even see where the PSU is? That build is just beautifu.
Thanks!

It is a core P3 from thermaltake.

Power supply is down there at the bottom.... V650 cooler master .

I have a 3700x cpu... For any wondering the 650 has been plenty and system has been stress tested now. For those curious there is also a lot of positive things happening when you undervolt the card a little... Reminds me of Vega but with better drivers :)

BluRayHiDef

Banned

What about the RTX 3090 FTW3?

GHG

That feeling when some 6 month old invoices have finally and unexpectedly been paid and there's still no stock...

I MUST BUY SOMETHING.

Nydus

Im about to pull the trigger on the LG B9 65inch for 1400€. It will be an upgrade from my B7. I think it will be perfect: 4 full hdmi 2.1, Gsync, 4k120hz with HDR :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Anything that speaks against it?

saintjules

Got this earlier

h2OvVkJ.jpg

Last edited:

J3nga

VaDniKX.jpg

Got mine today, even the guy working at the store asked me how the hell I was able to order one from them? Saw one in stock at the local retailer, just clicked to pay at the store with cash, order was confirmed, but I didn't believe I would actually get it, lol still hardly believe I got it.

Last edited:

saintjules

Some guys on Discord used a javascript on chrome to get the 3080 in their cart without having to do it manually. Gonna give that a try in the next run. Seems they had some FE today on the nvidia site.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I hope that the order that I've made through Office Depot is fulfilled. I made it on the 28th and confirmed it via phone minutes afterwards; there has been an authorization hold on my account for the funds since then, and the customer service representative with whom I spoke told me that it's scheduled to be delivered on October 7th. It's currently still in the "Processing" phase, which will - hopefully - soon transition into the "Shipped" phase.

Via Reddit, I've learned that other people who made orders through Office Depot had their orders canceled up to a week afterwards or while speaking via phone to a customer service representative who happened to notice that the item wouldn't be in stock for a long time. Neither has happened to me so far; contrary to the latter experience, I spoke to customer service for a second time, a few days after making the order, and was assured that the order will definitely ship.

Ugh, trying to get one of these cards has been frustrating. However, this generation of cards is the first one for which I've tried to get a SKU at release or very soon afterwards. On the other occasions, I happned to be building a machine or seeking a card in between releases or - admittedly - had the patience to wait (i.e. I waited three months after the release of the 1080Ti to upgrade to it from my 980Ti).

base

Banned
Forget 8k. First make 4k playable with 3060 series. It's almost 2021 and most people still game in 1080p.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Holy hell I am a bot. Been waiting whole week for the stock of 3080 to appear on nvidia site and it happened today 8pm. I noticed it before my alerts went up and managed to grab one! The stock lasted not even 2 minutes holy shit the demand

kiphalfton

I hope that the order that I've made through Office Depot is fulfilled. I made it on the 28th and confirmed it via phone minutes afterwards; there has been an authorization hold on my account for the funds since then, and the customer service representative with whom I spoke told me that it's scheduled to be delivered on October 7th. It's currently still in the "Processing" phase, which will - hopefully - soon transition into the "Shipped" phase.

Via Reddit, I've learned that other people who made orders through Office Depot had their orders canceled up to a week afterwards or while speaking via phone to a customer service representative who happened to notice that the item wouldn't be in stock for a long time. Neither has happened to me so far; contrary to the latter experience, I spoke to customer service for a second time, a few days after making the order, and was assured that the order will definitely ship.

Ugh, trying to get one of these cards has been frustrating. However, this generation of cards is the first one for which I've tried to get a SKU at release or very soon afterwards. On the other occasions, I happned to be building a machine or seeking a card in between releases or - admittedly - had the patience to wait (i.e. I waited three months after the release of the 1080Ti to upgrade to it from my 980Ti).

Getting a couple AMD graphics cards 3 years ago during the mining craze was a breeze in comparison to the 3080/3090 release. I've never bought at launch, but now I know not to.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Gonna need a different version of this for the 3070 launch, seems handy and I guess this is the only way to win against bots, it's kinda sad.
Only way to beat botters is to bot yourself
Fun fact is that i don’t need to make a living of Being a fucking sub human parasite.

and can stop this Bs

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
https://nvidia.xposedbones.com/
this website works perfectly..
we had a drop launched in EU at 20:04 and it sold out on 20:09
you set a notification and bam you do 3 clicks and buy it.

scalper shit etc
I would be careful with that. During drop today, that website notified me when I was ending my checkout and 1 minute later, the stock was gone
better to run distill.io directly on api or "out of stock" text. Best yet, nvidia discord stock topic

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Forget 8k. First make 4k playable with 3060 series. It's almost 2021 and most people still game in 1080p.
PC gamers barely gives a shit about 4k, let alone 8k. Nvidia marketing the 3090 as a “8k powerhouse” was a mistake. Nvidia’s marketing been like this: “What does the consumer wants to hear? Aahh okay. Go with that”

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
PC gamers barely gives a shit about 4k, let alone 8k. Nvidia marketing the 3090 as a “8k powerhouse” was a mistake. Nvidia’s marketing been like this: “What does the consumer wants to hear? Aahh okay. Go with that”
I know people dont care about 4k but I have 27" 4k monitor and it just serves as great anti aliasing in most games. Dark Souls 3 for example had a lot of shimmering and pixelated fine detail on 1080p. 4k looks much better.
But in some games like Mirrors Edge with simple style, 1080p with msaa looks just as good as 4k. Anyway - I like 4k 60 souls... so dont need more than 60hz monitor

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I know people dont care about 4k but I have 27" 4k monitor and it just serves as great anti aliasing in most games. Dark Souls 3 for example had a lot of shimmering and pixelated fine detail on 1080p. 4k looks much better.
But in some games like Mirrors Edge with simple style, 1080p with msaa looks just as good as 4k. Anyway - I like 4k 60 souls... so dont need more than 60hz monitor
Yes 4k will look better because its 4k. People including me doesn’t care about it because it isn’t worth the performance sacrifice

With the new cards people might consider 4k. But 8k on barely 30fps? Nah.

saintjules

Care to provide a little more info?

Pretty much came from a pastebin. Doesn't seem to work anymore, but you would go into the Chrome editor under the Console tab and enter the command. I was able to get the item in the cart, but out of stock. Maybe when it comes back into stock, you might have a better shot.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Getting a couple AMD graphics cards 3 years ago during the mining craze was a breeze in comparison to the 3080/3090 release. I've never bought at launch, but now I know not to.

I just spoke to a customer service agent via chat about my order; it seems as if there's some sort of indication that the order will be shipped soon, though how soon is a mystery.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have to admit that I am very glad I didn't get a 3080 (never was gonna buy a 3090) since it's pretty much a given that a 20GB model will come out. I am curious about the rumored 16GB 3070.

Of course, maybe Big Navi will be an actual beast..............:-D

Last edited:

McHuj

Everytime there has been stock available, I've missed it by like 5 minutes. I'm still able to see "Add to Cart" but too late to checkout.

waylo

Banned
That thing isn't covered under warranty?
EVGA refuses to let me RMA it because there is a microscopic chip on the edge of the board. It came that way (it's not like I'm out there playing frisbee with my graphics card), but they say that's enough to be able to fuck me out of my warranty. So yeah, I've been stuck with this malfunctioning card for about 18 months now, just riding it out until the new cards came out. Unfortunately I didn't foresee the new cards being basically impossible to get.

Senua

Everytime there has been stock available, I've missed it by like 5 minutes. I'm still able to see "Add to Cart" but too late to checkout.
Yea I'd just chill for a few weeks, wait until the craziness has died down at least a little. Fuck all that anxiety shite

EVGA refuses to let me RMA it because there is a microscopic chip on the edge of the board. It came that way (it's not like I'm out there playing frisbee with my graphics card), but they say that's enough to be able to fuck me out of my warranty. So yeah, I've been stuck with this malfunctioning card for about 18 months now, just riding it out until the new cards came out. Unfortunately I didn't foresee the new cards being basically impossible to get.
That's crazy. I've RMA'd twice from them with no issue at all.

waylo

Banned
That's crazy. I've RMA'd twice from them with no issue at all.
Applied for the RMA. Everything went through. They sent me a replacement and I sent them my card. Couple days go by and I get an email basically threatening me saying if I don't send the refurbished card back ASAP, they're going to charge me $400. I asked why and they sent me a picture of my card with the chip circled. I told them it had to have been that way when I bought it then because the card was literally taken out of the box and put straight into my PC. They didn't want to hear it. So cards were exchanged again and this is where I've been ever since. Pretty cool.

Applied for the RMA. Everything went through. They sent me a replacement and I sent them my card. Couple days go by and I get an email basically threatening me saying if I don't send the refurbished card back ASAP, they're going to charge me $400. I asked why and they sent me a picture of my card with the chip circled. I told them it had to have been that way when I bought it then because the card was literally taken out of the box and put straight into my PC. They didn't want to hear it. So cards were exchanged again and this is where I've been ever since. Pretty cool.
That's a bummer. I've had nothing but good experiences with their customer support and gladly tell people to safely shop with them all the time. Sucks to hear, hope that your 2060 still gets you through for a while though.

I have to admit that I am very glad I didn't get a 3080 (never was gonna buy a 3090) since it's pretty much a given that a 20GB model will come out. I am curious about the rumored 16GB 3070.

Of course, maybe Big Navi will be an actual beast..............:-D

What I buy now only ends up in my wife's computer when the 20gb or TI come out. No regrets on my end. :)

The wait continues.

Sounds like he's bullshitting you.

Top Bottom