• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
sorry where does this capacitor issue stand?

Should we only be looking at getting ASUS GTX 3000s?

I see a EVGA 3090 coming in stock soon at a local retailer I read the statement here is it fine or no?

I wonder when will my ASUS TUF will be delivered. I ordered on the 21st, and it seems to be the most popular model... and unlike other companies, I do not see any posts from ASUS about stock. The silence from both them and Overclockers is a bit jarring.

For now I'm keeping my PS5 preorder and if come november 13th I don't have my 3080, I'll go PS5 for a year.

Rikkori

sorry where does this capacitor issue stand?

Should we only be looking at getting ASUS GTX 3000s?

I see a EVGA 3090 coming in stock soon at a local retailer I read the statement here is it fine or no?

The issue stands as following: AIB models overboosted the frequency which ended with cards crashing (which is typical of what you'd see of an unstable OC) my guess is that they tested with mostly heavy workloads which tend to keep frequency down, but then people tested lighter workloads which let the frequencies spike and that's where you saw more crashes). Some cards had MLC capacitors which are better at handling slight frequency changes & higher frequencies (but worse in other ways), and thus people thought initially that cards which didn't have MLC were the reason for crashes. The reality is that the crashes are easily fixable with new drivers because those can modify the voltage and frequency curves, which is what has happened.

In short, the only particularly "bad" cards are the ones with 220s (which afaik only Palit used), but then they added MLC too and seemed fine, so I wouldn't worry about it. Worst case scenario, even if this were an issue due to capacitors you could simply modify the clock/voltage yourself and lose no performance but keep stability.

Like I said before, this is Vega in every way, including the overboosting & crashes. Ampere has went through 100% the same issues the Vega cards did initially. The irony is pretty funny.

KgU1BiA.gif

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
I have the feeling that I'll get one in November, not earlier. So many October dates for deliveries have been cancelled. Crazy situation in Germany.
Kinda frustrating, and I don't have the energy anymore to be on the edge all the time, hunting for available cards.

Nydus

Gold Member
How much is the original price for the 3080?
But that's only for FE/reference. If you want a better cooler with improved acoustic and thermals you'll have to pay more. Surprisingly the Asus TUF should also be 699€. But that thing seems really rate at the moment.

Just bought a 3090 from very in the UK, they must have had a lot for sale as they sold 100+ in 24h. Still has available and next day delivery against the product.

I don't think I have bought and cancelled a product so much since the 3000 launch. My credit card company must be thinking wtf is going on lol.

Last edited:
saw the Gigabyte's RTX3080 available on Amazon when I was just routinely checking. but sadly it won't allow you to put in cart (when I click it, it just goes to my cart page with an empty cart) or Buy Now. looks like it's already sold out even thou the option to put in cart is still there. oh well, back to waiting.

kiphalfton

The Asus TUF was briefly in stock on newegg earlier today.

By the time I clicked on the email notification they were all gone.

I was sitting at my computer then I got a notification the EVGA FTW3 was in stock,even saw the "Add to Cart" button... but when I tried to add it to the cart it would load another page saying it wasn't added to my cart. Stupid thing is the Add to Cart button was present even after that when I refreshed the page for a good minute.

DeaDPo0L84

So both my 3080 & 3090fe have shipped and I should have them in the next few days. I still am hoping to buy another 3080fe (or FTW3/Strix) cause the $1,500 price tag of the 3090 is a bit more than i'd like to pay considering what I am going to be using it for which is ultrawide gaming @ 1440p. But holy shit the restocks are nearly impossible to catch, I refreshed newegg all day and apparently missed a restock but never even saw anything come in stock.

Edit: My wife looked over at me and saw all my tabs open like they have been the last few nights "are you gonna be refreshing all night again?". I mention to her what I typed out above and her response was "look, i'll pay the difference between the two cards if you promise to not refresh websites all night again". I then promptly closed all my tabs lol.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Edit: My wife looked over at me and saw all my tabs open like they have been the last few nights "are you gonna be refreshing all night again?". I mention to her what I typed out above and her response was "look, i'll pay the difference between the two cards if you promise to not refresh websites all night again". I then promptly closed all my tabs lol.
Did you thank her with sex?

569927.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OP here. Still no card. What is everyone using for alerts?

regawdless

Banned
Caseking.de says that there are now small amounts of cards coming in every week. Chronologically, people will slowly get their cards. But they say that it'll take some time at this rate...
I didn't buy there, because the site was down at launch and now they raised their prices significantly.

skneogaf

Two 3090 FE versions would look pretty nice and I like how the air would flow through both cards.

I hope to see it on a video soon.

Its a massive shame sli is pretty much dead going forward.

regawdless

Banned
Two 3090 FE versions would look pretty nice and I like how the air would flow through both cards.

I hope to see it on a video soon.

Its a massive shame sli is pretty much dead going forward.

Yeah, but let's be honest, it's been already pretty much dead for years. Shame that they couldn't find a way to make SLI work automatically without devs having to support it. The idea of just slapping an additional GPU in there for extra performance is great.
I understand it though, with so many different PC configurations and different consoles with mid-gen refreshs, most devs weren't willing to also optimize for the very, very small number of people with SLI builds.

regawdless

Banned
Kinda weird that even two weeks after launch, amazon.de doesn't have any stock. It had the weird ZOTAC Listing, but that's it.
And that's the biggest marketplace. Wonder when they'll even get these cards.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Kinda weird that even two weeks after launch, amazon.de doesn't have any stock. It had the weird ZOTAC Listing, but that's it.
And that's the biggest marketplace. Wonder when they'll even get these cards.
Amazon fr did ship some cards

Top Bottom