• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Needlecrash

I've been hunting for a 3080 for a little while now. I might take a break from it since I still have my 1080ti and I'd need to upgrade my processor (7740x 😭😭) and mobo. Might jump on the AMD train the time.

DeaDPo0L84

It sure is. A great choice.

Glad to be confirmed even more so than the hours of research I did last night lol. I was back and forth between this one and the new LG one that a lot of people are recommending. What pushed me over was the build quality of the AW and also the warranty of Dell.

Malakhov

Banned
I have a bit of a decision to make...

Keep the 3080 FE arriving today, or trade it for a 3090 FE. Friend of mine wants a 3080 FE instead but ordered the 3090 FE because it was just available at the time of release and he rushed it. He's willing to just trade the card and I'll pay the difference. Part of me wants to but another part of me realized I'll need to upgrade to a 4k monitor from 1440p for it to even be worth it, which adds another $800+ to something I can barely rationalize buying in the first place. Its really tough to justify the price of the 3090 vs the small performance gain, and I feel like by the time the 3090's VRAM becomes relevant to me I'd be looking to upgrade to the 5080 or potentially AMD 7XXX series if they can prove competitive over the course of the next few years.
Keep the 3080, 3090 ain't worth it for the small power increase and fuck 8k for now, it's irrelevant

Good man. Doing the same thing here. There's no reason to let stupid electronic devices consume all of your attention and energy.
True...

... now I'm looking at building custom mechanical keyboard as a hobby project. Definitely a better distraction than checking if card is in stock.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
stealth brag 😱
This isn't a brag; it's a statement that's relevant to this thread. Also, everyone in this thread already knew that I've wanted to order an RTX 3090. The PNY model of the RTX 3080 that corresponds to the PNY RTX 3090 that I ordered is reviewed in the foreign-language video below, though it's under a different brand name (Gainward).

Thank you Ampere for finally giving me 4K + high refresh rate. Worth the purchase just for that 1440p is starting to look too soft for my bad eyes.
Happy that you got your card delivered... and a little bit jealous at the same time. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Show us your PC with the card installed!

TaySan

Banned
Happy that you got your card delivered... and a little bit jealous at the same time. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Show us your PC with the card installed!
Ask and ye shall receive! :D
w2pfxR2.jpg

Malakhov

Banned
Or you can wait 6 more months, and pray Amd delivers.
So that Nvidia will repackage the 3090 as 3080Ti and sell it 30-40% cheaper. :messenger_bicep:
Or sell the 3080 and upgrade, second hand market for gpus right now is insane. I paid 300$ cad for my 1660 super and they're going for 250$ used still.

Myths

Ask and ye shall receive! :D
w2pfxR2.jpg
Lol, almost thought this was my rig. Everything is the same in appearance (idk if that’s 570x) except for the card obviously. Are those x16 sticks or x8’s? Is that the 570x case too?

Can’t wait to get a 3080, I mean 2080TI will still be solid but I can use the extra FPS in GTAV with “RTGI” to make it a locked 30. Yeah, it’s taxing at 4K.

TaySan

Banned
Lol, almost thought this was my rig. Everything is the same in appearance (idk if that’s 570x) except for the card obviously. Are those x16 sticks or x8’s? Is that the 570x case too?

Can’t wait to get a 3080, I mean 2080TI will still be solid but I can use the extra FPS in GTAV with “RTGI” to make it a locked 30. Yeah, it’s taxing at 4K.
Yup, its a Corsair 570x case :D and ram i have 32 GB total so x8.

TheContact

Nvidia's ampere have this tech (which they call Reflex) to reduces system latency, but the games have to release a patch for it. COD, Apex, Fortnite, and Valorant will be taking advantage of it and others will follow soon I'm sure. This is pretty incredible and it gives a massive edge for competitive play.

960x0.jpg

src

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

w00t!

This 3rd party amazon seller shipped the MSI Ventus OC 3090 today!

(Still prefer the Strix with its 2 HDMI and 3 8-pin power) 👀

sertopico

As expected, sandwich-layout ITX cases are a no-go for the FE cards :/

Putting that beast inside a coffin? That's an insult!

Jokes aside, the cooling system from the FE can't work properly in such a small environment.

Last edited:

skneogaf

This video proves that the cards are absolutely fine no matter which capacitor configuration are used.

Rushed launch equals teething problems.

If I had a card that crashed before the new driver or even afterwards I'd be find with reducing the clocks by 10, 20 30 etc mhz as the fps difference is minute.

I still do believe I'd choose a card with at least two MLCC capacitors though.

cucuchu

Dell is selling the PNY 3090 for $1900 and with a November 30 ship date at the earliest. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They were also selling the PNY 3080 for $200 over MSRP. With shipping it came out to right around $1k. At that point you might as well just push to try to get a FE 3090 for $500 more.

Nydus

Gold Member

Linus running a 3900XT with a 3080 FE in 4k on 650W PSU. Seems to be mighty fine :D

Now I just need the costum 12 pin from Corsair!

Ironbunny

Nvidia's ampere have this tech (which they call Reflex) to reduces system latency, but the games have to release a patch for it. COD, Apex, Fortnite, and Valorant will be taking advantage of it and others will follow soon I'm sure. This is pretty incredible and it gives a massive edge for competitive play.

960x0.jpg

src

This will be supported from 9xx series upwards so its not just ampere.

regawdless

Banned
Ordered at 7 different stores. 6 of them had delivery dates at the time of the order. 5 charged directly.
Inside of one and a half weeks, all of them changed the dates multiple times and all ended up with an unknown delivery date.
What a mess. (Germany, FYI)

At least they're slowly refunding the money.

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member
Ordered at 7 different stores. 6 of them had delivery dates at the time of the order. 5 charged directly.
Inside of one and a half weeks, all of them changed the dates multiple times and all ended up with an unknown delivery date.
What a mess.

At least they're slowly refunding the money.
I would not even have enough cash on hands for so many preorders. The delivery date of my TUF now also changed from October 9th to "unknown". :/

regawdless

Banned
I would not even have enough cash on hands for so many preorders. The delivery date of my TUF now also changed from October 9th to "unknown". :/

I didn't order them at the same time, but throughout the last 2 weeks. So money left and came back all the time :)
Curious why all these dates got changed. I had one order with a delivery for this week, one directly at launch, the rest with dates between 8th and 20th of October. All changed to "unknown".
Sounds like something happened to the supply chain. Weird that so many shops had delivery dates and now don't anymore.

Top Bottom