• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

-MD-

I'm on a 1070ti and just upgraded my 144hz 1080p monitor to 144hz 1440p so I'm definitely leaning toward the 3080.

Bryank75

Banned
PS5 this christmas and a PC with a 3080 or 3090 early next year.....

Xbox is done, power was a bad bet.

Any idea of 3090 price?

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
build now just make sure to get a mobo with pcie 4.0
Looking at a x570 mobo right now with a 3700x. Is that enough for a 3080 to be happy or should I wait for Ryzen 4000? Has there been any indication that Ryzen 4000 will be AM4?

Any reason to go B550 over X570?

Last edited:
Weekend
nVDiL9T.png

Today
jowqoU0.png

Buy the dips, this will pop like Tesla.

Amd rDNA2 is coming November, Nvidia will clean house with GPU upgraders.

let's look how this goes. gross margins of gaming GPUs will be lower than with turing on this new node with the stated prices. and they already took 80% of TAM before that. only 20% left to gain from AMD.
on the other hand stock markets do very strange things sometimes.

Last edited:

Amey

Looks fake to me.
Like Intel hyperthreading these are probably "virtual" cores.
Real ones are 1/2
It's not their first time. Remember Fermi to Kepler jump?
Largest Fermi gtx580 GF110 520mm2 40nm -> 512 CUDA Cores
Largest Kepler gtx780ti GK110B 561mm2 28nm -> 2880 CUDA Cores

Orta

Banned
I won't be getting one but todays price/performance ratio makes the inevitable 3060 an intruiging prospect for anybody building a budget pc.

2080 performance for three hundred notes?

psorcerer

Banned
It's not their first time. Remember Fermi to Kepler jump?
Largest Fermi gtx580 GF110 520mm2 40nm -> 512 CUDA Cores
Largest Kepler gtx780ti GK110B 561mm2 28nm -> 2880 CUDA Cores

Yup. The problem with NV (and MSFT) they have zero real numbers in their presentations only marketing inflated bullshit...

Journey

Banned
they used it as a comparison point. because Microsoft started using GPU TFLOP performance comparisons for their raytracing performance (which is easier to visualise for many compared to Nvidias former GigaRay numbers)

the Series X's RT cores have the raytracing performance of a 13TF GPU, as in you would need a 13TF GPU in order so simply calculate the ray intersections that the RT cores can do... and these new Ampere cards also use that metric now to advertise their RT performance

Thanks, makes sense now, I was like why is he using Xbox as a reference point. I found the comment, he says that the RT Cores effectively are a 34TF shader and Turing has an effect 45TF while ray tracing. for comparison Xbox Series X has an effective 25TF while ray tracing.

Last edited:

H4ze

Yessss, can't wait to get my hands on a 3080, my GTX1070 was always very good to me, but its time has definitely come.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fuck you with those prices nvidia, lmao. Will they also come out with a $3000 Titan since the 3090 isn't that?

Hope all the ryzen money gets amd to compete in the mid/high gpu, that is pre-ryzen intel behavior from nv.

I got my 1080 non ti for like ~500 before miners caused the supply shortages, I aint paying much more for such.

Last edited:

Reindeer

3060 will probably be on par with next gen consoles but have additional advantages like DLSS and better RT and come at $300-350, so much for PC gaming being a lot more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entroyp

Sony should go with Nvidia next time... just a thought.

Anyone else going PC & PS5?

That would be me. I was waiting for AMD and Nvidia to show their cards, but I guess AMD is out of the picture now.

Now I’m waiting for Zen 3 to release To put a nice rig together with a 3080.

PS4/5, Switch, and PC... gaming heaven.

R6Rider

Gold Member
3060 will probably be on par with next gen consoles but have additional advantages like DLSS and better RT and come at $300-350, so much for PC gaming being a lot more expensive.

Yeah that would leave you with 150 bucks for everything else. Is that what you are trying to state? Really?

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Gotta admit, I'm a bit salty with my 2080s, but I bought for the price of 3070 a year ago and it will last me some time still, so... guess I'll wait for 3080ti.

The gains are incredible though, applause to Nvidia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom