• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA reveals NVIDIA ACE - A generative AI for game characters - Could AI character dialog be coming to games sooner than we thought?

sachos

I wonder why it sounds so robotic, is he supposed to be a robot? ElevenLabs AI Voice sounds way more natural. Still, this is impressive tech and it will keep getting better year after year. The way lips moves to match what he is saying is really good too. This will be nuts in VR.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

I hate to be a cynic, but the NPC lack personality and body language and unspoken dialogue is still an afterthought. It comes across as very robotic. The answers seem okay, but there is really no "acting." I know this is for demo purposes, but there is nothing really happening in the environment or having other NPC talking to each other and bouncing off different conversations. Also, will the sound of dialogue change depending on the environment? Like will dialogue in a large empty room sound echo-ish? I think Devs should start with the building blocks first instead of coming up with the open world "EVERYTHING" game first. It all seems unfocused.

Knightime_X

I'm ready for AI generated monsters, and AI generated monster traits.
They will talk to you and make it personal, with a reminder that they wish to sleep in your organ cavity.

shit it going to be insane.

JackMcGunns

The AI response (both voice quality and words) are terrible. Nobody sounds like that. Nothing like a Q&A about crime having a robotic voice with perfect grammar like it's an essay in English class.

Nobody sounds like that? Bad actors do :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

But jokes aside, it's an emerging tech, it will be amazing to see where this goes, this is just the BEGINNING!

Last edited:

Complistic

If used in combination with written dialogue it could be good. If this just replaces written dialogue I'm probably just going to play the games I have now forever.

Top Bottom