• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Sony is licensing PS5 pro controllers, which will you be getting?

Now that Sony is licensing PS5 pro controllers, which will you be getting?

• $200 DualSense Edge - two extra buttons, media controls, replacable stick modules, made by Sony

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • $180 Victrix Pro BFG - four extra buttons, swapable control modules, fightpad option, no vibration

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • $250 Razer Wolverine V2 Pro - six extra buttons, asymmetric controls, no vibration

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Already went with a custom build from Scuf, Battle Beaver, etc.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I intend to wait and see if any other companies make their own controller

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • No interest in a pro controller, but I would buy a PS5 paddle attachment if they ever make one

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • I'm just sticking with a standard controller for now

Votes: 145 58.7%

• Total voters

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Two asymmatrical controllers huh

dj GIF

Aenima

None. The only one i would like to get would be the Edge as you can replace the thumbstick module in case of drift and has all the features a dualsense has. But its too expensive for my pockets.

bender

What time is it?
As much as I like the Elite Controller, I think it is incredibly overpriced and while swapping sticks out is a nice feature that helps alleviate a common issue, $200 is insanity.

FrankWza

The victrix has nice features but reminds me of the Astro c40 and that had a poor shape that caused accidental button presses. The razor has horrible back button placement. The Edge we know will be comfortable if you like the dualsense shape. I think Sony will release a back button attachment as well that will allow the dualsense to have 2 back buttons and can also attach to the Edge for Four back buttons since they are the same shape and mold.
I have the victrix and edge preordered and I have the extremerate back button mod on my dualsense

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Right now, my eyes are dead set on the Victrix Pro BFG as it looks like it covers my fighting game needs turning the controller into a fight pad plus it's modular so im now allowed to play shooters with asymmetrical thumbsticks. The only thing im waiting on now are reviews and hoping it's the real deal Holyfield.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’ve been gaming since the Atari 2600… and no third party controller has ever.. EVER .. come close to the official controllers.

FrankWza

Neither. It's a waste of money
I played DeS remake after having the back button DS4 attachment with a standard Dualsense and ER with Back Buttons. It’s definitely worth having. The other stuff the Edge comes with is pretty cool too, but having a pro controller be exactly of the same quality and features is gonna be sweet. The Astro was licensed and was inferior to the DS4 with BB attachment

FrankWza

I like the regular dualsense
The Edge is the same controller with all the same components but has extra features and premium ones at that. Shape and size will be the same. The only thing they haven’t made available is weight and battery life

The Victrix Pro is very close to what the best possible version of a dual joystick controller should be(fully customizable front section).

Neither. Pro controllers don’t add value to my life. I have the Series 2 pro for the Xbox and it’s a fine controller but all the features minus trigger lock are pointless to me, and even trigger lock is only kind of neat.

20cent

Banned
A $200 gamepad? Where do I pre-order?
Oh wait they really are pre-ordering them

im-doing-my-part-soldier.gif

Thanks for keeping the economy running, you're the true heroes.

The victrix has nice features but reminds me of the Astro c40 and that had a poor shape that caused accidental button presses. The razor has horrible back button placement. The Edge we know will be comfortable if you like the dualsense shape. I think Sony will release a back button attachment as well that will allow the dualsense to have 2 back buttons and can also attach to the Edge for Four back buttons since they are the same shape and mold.
I have the victrix and edge preordered and I have the extremerate back button mod on my dualsense

That would be really clever. This seems like a very nice 3rd party back button attachment, but so far it's only available for Xbox.

Sticking with PS5 dual sense.

No need to spend $250 on a pro controller that might just start showing signs of stick drift within a week. That and the complexity of the haptic feedback and we're talking a potentially expensive mistake.
Fuck that. I made my mistake with a PS4 Pro controller that crapped out within 2 months. Not again.

Last edited:

FrankWza

That would be really clever. This seems like a very nice 3rd party back button attachment, but so far it's only available for Xbox.

Pretty cool. The extreme rate for dualsense is the closest thing out right now but requires taking off the back plate to install and soldering for lr3
Sticking with PS5 dual sense.

No need to spend $250 on a pro controller that might just start showing signs of stick drift within a week. That and the complexity of the haptic feedback and we're talking a potentially expensive mistake.
Fuck that. I made my mistake with a PS4 Pro controller that crapped out within 2 months. Not again.
The Edge is a dualsense and it has replaceable sticks in case you do get drift. It’s $199

[Sigma]

Looks like they're finally releasing the Victrix Pro BFG. Got an ETA of Tuesday though it hasn't shipped yet. So I wont get to test it out on the SF6 beta unfortunately. Guess I got to try it out on -Strive- even though I haven't been active on the game these days. I can use it as an excuse to mess around with the new patch. Definitely will be back on Battlefield 4 next week testing it out on that as well. There's been some written reviews and some comparison to the Razer. NihongoGamer has a review up that covers the fighting games part of it.

Last edited:
I have the Scuf Relex Pro since March of this year. It feels good but something is off. The back paddles don’t feel natural like the Xbox Elite controllers or even the razer Wolverine ultimate.

Im selling my Scuf as soon as the Edge comes out. I wish 8bitdo would get rights to make a pro style controller. Their Ultimate and Pro 2 are really good in the hands.

Or even better yet, I wish I could use the Elite on the PS5. I used to use a Brook adapter back in the day for the PS4 and it worked great.

Looks like they're finally releasing the Victrix Pro BFG. Got an ETA of Tuesday though it hasn't shipped yet. So I wont get to test it out on the SF6 beta unfortunately. Guess I got to try it out on -Strive- even though I haven't been active on the game these days. I can use it as an excuse to mess around with the new patch. Definitely will be back on Battlefield 4 next week testing it out on that as well. There's been some written reviews and some comparison to the Razer. NihongoGamer has a review up that covers the fighting games part of it.

Definitely report back with your impressions.

Looks like they're finally releasing the Victrix Pro BFG. Got an ETA of Tuesday though it hasn't shipped yet.
Where and when did you order it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm reading other people saying that their Amazon order is now showing that might not make it to them before Christmas, and Best Buy has changed their release date to the first of the year.

[Sigma]

Where and when did you order it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm reading other people saying that their Amazon order is now showing that might not make it to them before Christmas, and Best Buy has changed their release date to the first of the year.
Amazon. It hasn't changed yet for me but I wouldn't be surprised at this point if it did later today. I'm just now seeing some of the comments on twitter and didn't know about the change on Best Buy. I think we've already reached the point where this is getting a little weird lol.

Last edited:

nush

I’ve been gaming since the Atari 2600… and no third party controller has ever.. EVER .. come close to the official controllers.

Only buy third party if an equivalent first party product is not available.

Third parties in a lot of cases were perfectly capable of making product that equaled or bettered first party offerings. Except they got crushed by retailers demanding the SRP be lower than the fisrt party and wanting a bigger profit margin off third party stuff than first party. So, corners were cut to be able to get into the market.

Top Bottom