• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Echoes: Introducing Update 4.4 (Foveated rendering for PSVR2! Yes!)

LordCBH

I haven’t played this one since launch, but some of this looks super fucking sweet. How is the game overall now?

Boy bawang

Is this the first Switch game with FSR2?

Yes. FSR1 was already in use in several games such as the latest Zelda, but it's the first time for FSR2. If it becomes ubiquitous (not a given as a custom version seems needed), it can basically turn the old switch into a quasi switch pro, which is great at the tail end of its life.

Imtjnotu

Starfield is going to make this game obsolete next week. The devs might as well pack up and move onto something else finally.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Game is massive, but it also has great way of comunicating what you should do next, so starting new game you are treated with first task and explanation how to achive it, and that formula is present all the time, so the game has great way of introducing newcomers IMO
I might jump back in and pretend I’m playing Starfield

/s

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just played about 3hrs of this today, what a difference from the last time where I booted it up and thought i was playing some PS3 game, the planet I started off on was incredibly dense with foliage and animals, some effects look strange and low Rez, overall the visuals are a massive leap and everything is pin sharp, just need to keep plodding away to see if the game just grabs me

SilentUser

Can't wait to get back home and play it again. Tried a few times since PSVR2 launch and couldn't enjoy it because of the low resolution, so it is great to see so many people actually enjoying it now because of this new patch! Foveated rendering is a must in basically every game, imo!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I definitely want to dive back in.

I only ever played maybe 25 hours or so a year or two ago. Had a lot of fun , but coming back I’m going to be totally lost. It has a lot of systems to be mindful of and I forgot what I need to do next.

Really I should start over to learn fresh but the idea of repeating content in a game this massive makes me want to just not even play lol.

Paralyzed. Hopefully it’s easy to pick back up even though idk at all what I’ll be doing .

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Seems to be the most meaningful update since they added an actual “campaign”. However all this feels like it’s coming out about 6 years too late . I’ll give it a try nonetheless

Top Bottom