• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 |OT| Yippee-Ki-Yokai (or Die HARD)

cormack12

Gold Member
WaCcwaL.png

uCrUGJX.png

SiwiHf4.png

T86LID6.png
PhebZv7.png

mSFtAIm.png

u42ZDrx.png
dZdxiK2.png

Azaroth

Not quite ready to get the game yet because I'm still working through Dying Light with some buddies, but holy cow, so little activity in an OT on release day. Seems kinda crazy. Was hoping to see some impressions/discussion.

cormack12

Gold Member
Not quite ready to get the game yet because I'm still working through Dying Light with some buddies, but holy cow, so little activity in an OT on release day. Seems kinda crazy. Was hoping to see some impressions/discussion.

Same as. I'm playing through 1 but don't wanna bite yet. Even weirder that were in a release famine so thought maybe more people would pick it up. All eyes on Clarissa Clarissa

Iorv3th

I was wondering where the OT was.

Started playing earlier today. I completely forgot about stances and some of the other stuff from the first game. Taking a little bit to get back up on all of that stuff.

Are the skill points gained from usage? I noticed at one point I had 2 skill points for samurai and 1 for a weapon I was using.

Starved for Souls so I picked this up, but I expect frustration will prevent me from finishing it, much like the first one.

Isa

Nice OT! I've been really anticipating this one since its announcement. I recently finished Code Vein which was alright, but I enjoy the depth, story, and character creator in Nioh a bit more. I've messed around between the graphics options and its tough to pick one. At least for me. All the blurry textures and shadows messes with my ability to spot foes so I prefer the sharper images, but the speed in Action Mode is definitely nice. I've managed well in the Alphas and Betas though, so no bother here. Can't wait to start this up tonight.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... are those seriously the visuals and the game is struggling to maintain 60 at 1080p on Pro?

Really.

I'm playing the first one on PC and despite i'm enjoying it so far i've two things stuck in my mind:

1) The lazy-ass painted textures (especially for rock pavement) people complained to death in Fire Emblem Warriors (also Koei Tecmo / Team Ninja game) are here too.

2) how badly optimized it is, definitely not unplayable for me but it shouldn't have all those issues looking at the graphics.

That said combat is awesome and that's important for a game that revolves completely around that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarissa

Banned
Am I the only person who doesn't use low stances at all? I prefer to hit my enemies hard.

Using the katana (Mainly mid stance) for human enemies and normals sized yokais and Switch Glaive (High stance) for big sized enemies.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I can only play as a penis in this one as well right?

blackjon24

Am I the only person who doesn't use low stances at all? I prefer to hit my enemies hard.

Using the katana (Mainly mid stance) for human enemies and normals sized yokais and Switch Glaive (High stance) for big sized enemies.

I've yet to play the sequel but low stance was awesome for the dodge in the original so I always got q use out of that, is that not same for this one?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love how strait up the second enemy of the game is a optional boss. Had fun beating it as very first thing I did.

What weapon is that? It’s like you’re making music while attacking.

Those archers are a pain in the ass. One moment you’re just clearing the zone and then you take a fire arrow out of nowhere.

Dev1lXYZ

Why is that?

It’s growing on me. I understand that they want to differentiate it from the other games in the genre, but the systems going on in this thing could have really been simplified a lot more. Coming out of Seikiro which is so streamlined and precise to this-which is the opposite. Must I lock onto every enemy to hit them? The loot system is a pain in the ass as well. I don’t want to have to stop to manage my inventory, Which is very much a given because god forbid the stats on one sword are better than the other by a few points. What the hell is up with becoming familiar with katana “A” when katana “B” is the same kind of sword? If you want that kind of thing make it a weapon type of thing.....individual weapons shouldn’t all have that bar for each individual one. Why do I want to look at more stats? Not sure if they thought a lot of elements through to keep the player engaged in the action.

Don’t get me started on the enemy placement. It’s annoying as hell. Would you like another fire arrow killing you out of nowhere sir? Have another! Those archers are far too precise and string arrows like Rambo. Oh, look it’s another watery death bridge area! Why can’t I swim? Oh wait! No one can. Sorry folks, we were too busy putting stat bars on every item and fine tuning the RNG system to think of that.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

So far 2 feels like everything they could do and more now that they didn't have to deal with the unbearably long and troubled dev cycle. Loving the visual/art direction upgrade since I felt that was not used to its full potential given it is Feudal Japan. Really excited to see what mid and late game are + the DLC.

The Shepard

The Game is alot harder then the first one so far, but then it's getting easier as I lv up and understand the new changes. The instant deaths can be annoying if you don't r2 and circle at the correct time and ki regens so slowly so remember to lv up that new courage stat and to get that dodge to ki pulse ASAP.

Last edited:

iiStryker

Neo Member
The Game is alot harder then the first one so far, but then it's getting easier as I lv up and understand the new changes. The instant deaths can be annoying if you don't r2 and circle at the correct time and ki regens so slowly so remember to lv up that new courage stat and to get that dodge to ki pulse ASAP.

as far as i know from my experience is you can hold R2 in anticipation and press circle at the moment of attack. I think you’re consuming your anima bar while holding R2 though. I think R2 + X will give you a different dodge depending on the Yokai type you are too

Carna

Banned
Why does it take so long, for visitors to respond? I need three to take down the bosses since the second boss in the game was a pain the ass to deal with.

Why does it take so long, for visitors to respond? I need three to take down the bosses since the second boss in the game was a pain the ass to deal with.

Where are you getting the cups for summoning? I've only found 2 so far....

After many hours of Sekiro, I feel the loss of a jump button keenly. Still not a fan of the loot system, but stat tinkering junkies will have a field day here. For me it's a bit much, everything feels insanely bloated.
I like that they kept the bows nice and powerful, they are actually useful here.

Carna

Banned
Where are you getting the cups for summoning? I've only found 2 so far....

After many hours of Sekiro, I feel the loss of a jump button keenly. Still not a fan of the loot system, but stat tinkering junkies will have a field day here. For me it's a bit much, everything feels insanely bloated.
I like that they kept the bows nice and powerful, they are actually useful here.
You need to fight reverents, or offer weapons to the kodama shrines to get more cups in exchange

Reactions: Isa

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Once you get Flux you can switch stances and ki pulse at the same time and it gives you back more than a regular ki pulse. So you can hit hard, then pulse into low for dodging and defense, then switch back.

bender

What time is it?
This serious continues to nail level design which helps build as sense of discovery as you explore. As always, the Diablo style loot is brilliant as it helps encourage co-op. The combat and skill trees are still a bit too dense for my liking, but I understand the appeal. Not that it has much competition so far, but it's easily my favorite game of 2020.

I love the addition of the character creator.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Yep kicking my ass a lot more than I remember the first one doing early on.

Carna

Banned
Stuck on the mountain and I need to two visitors badly

Edit: got though the mountain, but the visitor system is still busted.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Took a while to learn stuff and not just go in to be killed, beat the optional bosses as i saw them after alot of tries, yet still cant find where stage 1 should end, only clue is a door i should open from the other side inside the town.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm having a lot of input lag and sometimes it completely ignores my button inputs.

Everything I've experienced up to this point is a significant step down from Nioh 1.

What an unbelievable disappointment so far.

And whomever came up with the idea that the altered world should significantly affect your stamina recovery even on perfect ki recovery should be fired.

Isa

I can only play as a penis in this one as well right?

If you want to be a dick, sure go ahead. I'm rp'ing my lady as a futanari.

I'm really loving it so far, save for the sheer difficulty at times. There are so many variables at stake at all times one really has to be on top of their shit to succeed here. Which is giving that great sense of intensity and reward after triumphing over a tough boss, always a nice feeling. I'm currently building towards magic and ninjutsu's which I love, along with the Switchglaive and Hatchets or Spear. And finally, its so nice to see a game with lovely ladies. Feels like its been eons since a larger budget title has had any.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to be a dick, sure go ahead. I'm rp'ing my lady as a futanari.

I'm really loving it so far, save for the sheer difficulty at times. There are so many variables at stake at all times one really has to be on top of their shit to succeed here. Which is giving that great sense of intensity and reward after triumphing over a tough boss, always a nice feeling. I'm currently building towards magic and ninjutsu's which I love, along with the Switchglaive and Hatchets or Spear. And finally, its so nice to see a game with lovely ladies. Feels like its been eons since a larger budget title has had any.
You got my hopes up Cerea...

• LOL
Top Bottom