• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America's dev support attempting to reach out to Toby Fox? (Undertale)

epmode

It sure would be nice if Undertale wasn't forever locked to 30 FPS. Walking around never feels smooth to me.

It sure would be nice if Undertale wasn't forever locked to 30 FPS. Walking around never feels smooth to me.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yes Undertale Amiibos please. Well, give us the game first, then we can get the Amiibos. I'll buy them all if they came out.

But what would they actually do? In game I mean.

Yes Undertale Amiibos please. Well, give us the game first, then we can get the Amiibos. I'll buy them all if they came out.

But what would they actually do? In game I mean.

Who cares. I'll buy them anyway.

Yeah, I know about the official figurines, but it's not the same! (It's pretty much the same)

Zubz

Banned
Wait a sec...

What if this has something to do with the Mother 3 port? Like, maybe the US version might have a post-credits epilogue
showing off Mt. Itoi in the original universe as the universe is reset. Post-reset, we see the same mountain as a certain green-shirted kid approaches.

It's unlikely. But it'd be hella satisfying.

Camjo-Z

Wait a sec...

What if this has something to do with the Mother 3 port? Like, maybe the US version might have a post-credits epilogue
showing off Mt. Itoi in the original universe as the universe is reset. Post-reset, we see the same mountain as a certain green-shirted kid approaches.

It's unlikely. But it'd be hella satisfying.

It'd be "hella satisfying" to have Undertale pointlessly shoved into the lore of a series that is completely unrelated? Really?

The crazy thing is? Undertale good such a good job of being an EarthBound game that I can actually see Itoi considering this.

Undertale essentially is Mother 4 already. I actually suspect Radiation will want to do something much different next time.

Forkball

It'd be "hella satisfying" to have Undertale pointlessly shoved into the lore of a series that is completely unrelated? Really?
Link travels to Lake Hylia and boom, Undyne is there.

Mario hits a ? Block, and Flowey pops out.

Samus searches for Ridley... in Hotland.

There are so many possibilities.

Zubz

Banned

I personally find the very ending of Mother 3 a bit unsatisfying, and this'd be like a passing of the torch of sorts (I know Itoi said he wouldn't mind seeing a Mother 4 not made by him, but I don't expect an actual 4th Mother. Meanwhile, Undertale's a worthy spiritual successor to the franchise). Personally, I think that'd be a nice, subtle nod that'd be nicer than
just ending the game with literally nothing

Pokemaniac

I personally find the very ending of Mother 3 a bit unsatisfying, and this'd be like a passing of the torch of sorts (I know Itoi said he wouldn't mind seeing a Mother 4 not made by him, but I don't expect an actual 4th Mother. Meanwhile, Undertale's a worthy spiritual successor to the franchise). Personally, I think that'd be a nice, subtle nod that'd be nicer than
just ending the game with literally nothing

I get that Undertale has some stylistic and thematic similarities to EarthBound, but people really need to stop acting like Undertale is some kind or spiritual successor to the EarthBound series. Most of the similarities are pretty superficial.

Undertale would be wicked on the Wii U. Typing could be done on the GamePad too.
As for the spoiler moment that everyone's talking about:
The game doesn't exactly crash. It simply quits. All the game has to do when the moment occurs is quit to the home menu... that's it. When the player opens Undertale again, the game resumes as normal.

Pokemaniac

Undertale would be wicked on the Wii U. Typing could be done on the GamePad too.
As for the spoiler moment that everyone's talking about:
The game doesn't exactly crash. It simply quits. All the game has to do when the moment occurs is quit to the home menu... that's it. When the player opens Undertale again, the game resumes as normal.

The issue isn't technical, it's that doing stuff like that would typically make your game fail certification.

Zubz

Banned
The issue isn't technical, it's that doing stuff like that would typically make your game fail certification.

That's definitely true. But if Nintendo themselves are contacting Fox (Or at least, an employee), my guess is that they'd work on a port with him and let some of this stuff slide/find an equally-good alternative.

Top Bottom