• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase confirmed for Feb 21st.

sigmaZ

All right! I'm all ready for news about the 2witch

"We're pleased to announce the Switch U, the sucessor of Switch. It will be the first console ever featuring VHS media for games. Also, we're also confirming the complete shut-down of the Wii and Wii U servers, which means you won't be able to redownload your previous purchases from said plataforms anymore. Thank you for your support during all these years".

Fans reactions:

Youtube Corrida GIF

Licking Fingers Nick Scarpino GIF by Kinda Funny

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn. I was hoping for the full fat Direct. But I guess if the Switch 2 isn’t coming out until 2025, they might as well wait until Spring for 1st party.

I’m so bummed the Switch 2 isn’t coming out this year.

Woopah

Can't think of anything in particular I want which is likely to be shown. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Grezzo - Oracle Of Ages and Seasons Remakes. Seasons releasing soon and Ages in Fall. Admit it, you didn't beat Ages neither, I'm not the only one.
I did Ages first. Seem to remember Seasons being easier.
Baseless speculation and wishful dreaming time!

-Halo Master Chief Collection
-Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 remaster
-KH 358/2 Days remaster
-Soul Caibur 2 with Link/Spawn/Heihachi all included
-Zero Escape trilogy
-toyless Skylanders reboot
-Megaman Legends Collection
-Star Fox reboot by Ace Combat team
-Rare Replay Remix, Rare's portable games added.
-Nintendo announces the Switch Holodeck, with holograms of Samus, Urbosa, and Krystal becoming real and giving you a handy.

Surely one of these has to happen, right?
Soul Calibur 2 remaster would be great!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Maybe Suikoden 1 & 2 get a new date.

I am hoping for Hi Fi Rush. Pyoro also hinting at something GameCube related and Pokemon:

As long as no one interprets this as Pokemon, then that’s fine. But Pokemon will never be in a Partner Direct. Pokemon Co does their own show. Also Pokemon is 75% owned by Nintendo. So not a partner.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
As long as no one interprets this as Pokemon, then that’s fine. But Pokemon will never be in a Partner Direct. Pokemon Co does their own show. Also Pokemon is 75% owned by Nintendo. So not a partner.
He was right, there was a Pokemon Presents announced.

StueyDuck

Surely by now. Many years after the pandemic. Nintendo are done with the stupid "cozy" games about farming and pink hair and gender confusion and are going to actually start spotlighting some good shit again for the platform?

Or is this direct going to be another huge waste of time like the last few have been

Last edited:
He was right, there was a Pokemon Presents announced.
Right. But for some reason people were thinking it was related to the Partner Showcase. Which it was not, was my point. There’s always a Pokémon Direct at the end of February. We didn’t need a “leak” for that

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment are in this one.

Sea of Thieves and Grounded aren't. The SoT announcement is coming later, but they just did their massive back-end update for the PS5 and Nintendo ports.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Landed on just wanting a date for Suikoden 1+2, honestly. Not hyping myself up for anything interesting at all.

I've wanted Oracle remakes for half my lifetime at this point so I'll going on thinking they'll never exist and have a party if they eventually do.

AV

Yeah, sweet fuck all of note but I'm not surprised. No worries.

Quasicat

I’m hoping the Epic Mickey remake comes out on Xbox, as that’s where I have the second one. I played it like crazy on the Wii, so it will be awesome to play through it again.

The one I’m most excited about is Pocket Card Jockey. I played the heck out of that on the 3DS and want to see how you would play it without a touch screen.

I was hoping that the Rare logo would be an announcement for the Rare Collection on Switch, but not with NSO being a thing.

Chastten

Banned
Endless Ocean and Ender Magnolia were nice surprises I didn't see coming, and I'll probably grab Fantasy Life and Monster Hunter Stories... maybe South Park Snow Day, but otherwise not that exciting for me personally. 6/10 maybe? It's very clear Switch is reaching it's end of life status soon.

Top Bottom