• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase confirmed for Feb 21st.

Sojiro

Not an amazing direct, but all I was hoping for was a few games to look forward to and got at least that with: Fantasy Life (loved the 3DS one), Monkey Ball, Battlefront Collection and Pepper Grinder. I already am looking forward to Unicorn Overlord, and Penny's Big Breakaway still looks pretty good. Not sure on SMT V Vengeance, is it a new release or DLC for the existing game? If it is a new release I want to see how different it is from the base game before making that plunge.

ReyBrujo

zd5vn5P.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Pepper Grinder demo is pretty fun. Just smooth platforming. Not sure how long it would stay interesting but its enjoyable.

Contra demo is not unplayable, but its disappointing. Bland art style, bland music (I didnt think this was even possible with Contra), controls feel a little sluggish, performance tanks occasionally.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
So with Endless Ocean, for the first half of the year Nintendo has a game in each month, no? Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 I assume are both June maybe July.

Woopah

So with Endless Ocean, for the first half of the year Nintendo has a game in each month, no? Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 I assume are both June maybe July.
They don't currently have anything in April yet right?

I do think June and July make sense for LM2 and TTYD.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Penny's Big Breakaway is really good!
And I love the early cg art style!
It’s fantastic, but I’d recommend getting it on any other platform. It’s locked at 30fps on Switch, which is a huge bummer.

Also, Monkey Ball looks kind of good??? It’s obviously not gonna be as good as the AV games, but I’m pretty hyped about 200 new stages. But god I wish Amusement Vision wasn’t dead. 🥲

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
It’s fantastic, but I’d recommend getting it on any other platform. It’s locked at 30fps on Switch, which is a huge bummer.

Also, Monkey Ball looks kind of good??? It’s obviously not gonna be as good as the AV games, but I’m pretty hyped about 200 new stages. But god I wish Amusement Vision wasn’t dead. 🥲
Can't say I'm bothered by the framerate so far. It's been completely steady for me. The game is incredibly polished, and in terms of controls and gameplay it just feels effortlessly good! Really wonderful.

StueyDuck

So I missed this one because they've all been dogshit over the years and it actually turned out not too bad.

Well done Nintendo, you had a bad thing going with the switch being the weeb waifu farming anxiety blue hair console for era to wank to.

We actually got some real games here, some pretty cool looking too and some classics that are worth getting back into.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Y'all know that with the massive success of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing there was bound to be an attempt to appeal to the same crowd with a farming sim direct. Thankfully there are also directs like this one for gamers with different tastes. I am quite happy with what we got here. Hopefully Epic Mickey fixes the original's flaws when it releases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom