• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Everybody 1-2-Switch; releases on June 30

Deerock71

aint nobody got time for that GIF

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Nintendos releases the best game evers and then follows up with this crud typically

oh wells still going to be playing TOTKs anyways

MAtgS

Nintendo realizing that they can't just release only bangers and had to put out a dud every once in a while.

Bridges

I remember getting my Switch on launch day and picking up Breath of The Wild and 1 2 Switch with it.

It's crazy that all these years later Nintendo is releasing follow ups to both of those games pretty much back to back. I shant make the same mistake twice, I'll say that much.

Robb

Gold Member
This has to be pretty bad not to even be featured in a Nintendo Direct or something.

I remember hearing rumors about this game being finished a looooong time ago but that they didn’t know what to do with it. This definitely makes that believable.

Last edited:

Kikorin

For anyone wondering why a sequel for 1,2 Switch is a thing, let's remember that the first one sold close to 4 millions with a production budget that I guess was something like 100k$. It happened because was a launch game, but if this can sold 100k probably will be more than break even yet.

Woopah

All the leaks were true then, I wonder if it is as bad as everyone said.

The best news about this for me has that it must mean Nintendo has plenty more for 2023. You wouldnt release 8 games in the first 7 months and 0 in the next 5.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
When ESA saw that Nintendo wanted to show this game off on stage, that's when they knew they had to cancel E3.

Playing using "smart device"? Oh boy, if you all thought that throwing wiimotes/joycons wasn't bad enough...

For anyone wondering why a sequel for 1,2 Switch is a thing, let's remember that the first one sold close to 4 millions with a production budget that I guess was something like 100k$. It happened because was a launch game, but if this can sold 100k probably will be more than break even yet.
I was forced to buy a 2 game bundle to get the switch with 1-2 switch being one of the games (BoTW was the other one). I was hardly the only one. You would have to be insane to buy anemic crap like 1-2, mario tennis, mario party, etc. at full price. I have no idea how these games sell millions.

Woopah

Nintendo saw that the combination of Zelda and 1-2 Switch worked really well for the Switch launch and are trying to re-create that.

On a more serious note, it's interesting that the majority of Nintendo's games this year seem to be things they have sat on for years. Looks they have a back log of things to release and are putting them out in 2023 to focus on the Switch 2 launch for 2024.

Kikorin

I was forced to buy a 2 game bundle to get the switch with 1-2 switch being one of the games (BoTW was the other one). I was hardly the only one. You would have to be insane to buy anemic crap like 1-2, mario tennis, mario party, etc. at full price. I have no idea how these games sell millions.

Different games for different people, I passed tons of evenings playing Mario Golf, Mario Party and Switch Sports drunk with non-gamer friends that would have never been able to learn how to play other games in such short amount of time (and also would have not been interested). Is a bit like take out a table game that anyone can learn just in seconds and then have fun together. If you consider the amount of time you can spend playing these games if you have the right company, the full price is not that high and that's why they sell so much.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ok, watched a trailer and I can see it being some goofy fun with another player.

Not something you’d bust out and play often though.

mcjmetroid

Ok, watched a trailer and I can see it being some goofy fun with another player.

Not something you’d bust out and play often though.
Do you have a link to the trailer?

The first game was ridiculous because it was full priced and should have been a pack in game. This game is a budget release, at least Nintendo is getting better at pricing their games.

I'm not as harsh as this one. I do think the first one was at least. A bit if drunken fun, still dreadful because of the lack of content for a full priced game but there is potential for a follow up.

I wouldn't dismiss this one entirely.

1-2 Switch : Everybody 1-2 Switch = BOTW : TOTK
but seriously, i am waiting for an Arms sequel, with a first person adventure mode.

Last edited:

SCB3

How fucking bad must this be if its not even being saved for a Direct, I will always maintain that 1-2 Switch should've been a free pack in for the Switch and this looks more of that but for £30

Reactions: TLZ

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Do you have a link to the trailer?

The first game was ridiculous because it was full priced and should have been a pack in game. This game is a budget release, at least Nintendo is getting better at pricing their games.

I'm not as harsh as this one. I do think the first one was at least. A bit if drunken fun, still dreadful because of the lack of content for a full priced game but there is potential for a follow up.

I wouldn't dismiss this one entirely.

Ah shit, I watched an old trailer. This was the first I’d heard of 1, 2 Switch. My mistake.

Top Bottom