• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata. GOAT, m̵y̵ her ASS!

RPSleon

I watched a video about bad(hardest) first levels in games. That was one of them. Apparently it is a hurdle you only have to jump once. Chanhes after that.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Okay, so after fixing my controller, I tried again to get passed the tutorial. I got to the two buzzsaws and... died again! I promise you I don't work for Polygon. So, I stopped being thick and went into the tutorials and sub-menus and didn't even realize I had recovery items! I also slowed down to get better combos going. No, I didn't put it on "easy" because that's the pussy way out.

I'm in the open world, resistance camp and I'm enjoying the game now. It's a good thing I didn't listen to all of your who told me to give up.

Now to get my her ass back into the game.

I started it again on XSX last week and the dodge is so exploitable that it’s hard to die unless you ignore it. I did remap the buttons as dodging on the trigger didn’t feel great.

The game looks horrible in the open world bits though. The checker-boarding ranks among the worst I have seen and the IQ just looks a right mess, the shadow distance is super low and there is tons of pop in that happens really close to the camera at times.

I might try the PC game pass version and see if it is any better.

ZywyPL

Banned
Started the game some time ago since it's on GP to see what's all the fuss about the game is, played a bit and absolutely loved it, then I quit the game as it was 11PM already, the next day when I was about to continue it after work turns out I have to start from the very scratch, needless to say I haven't touch the game ever since. The saves, or should I rather say lack of, is some kind of a not-so-funny joke.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I started it again on XSX last week and the dodge is so exploitable that it’s hard to die unless you ignore it. I did remap the buttons as dodging on the trigger didn’t feel great.

The game looks horrible in the open world bits though. The checker-boarding ranks among the worst I have seen and the IQ just looks a right mess, the shadow distance is super low and there is tons of pop in that happens really close to the camera at times.

I might try the PC game pass version and see if it is any better.
Honestly, it isn’t any better unless you have a beefy VC. Mine is above average and I can run Doom Eternal on almost ultra everything and still hit 60fps.

NA: I set most settings on medium to high and am only getting about 45 FPS. I don’t know what it is about this game that makes it run so sluggish. I agree that it’s not the best looking game so I don’t know where all the horsepower is going to.

I remember thinking how great the first level looked and once it turned open world you can see it’s super plain. I mean they had to know that right? Remnant is another budget open world game and it is miles better looking than this one is.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Finally playing this game for the first time and I'm loving it, really seems like something special.

Only annoying thing so far is the large amount of invisible walls, that drags down the immersion quite a bit.
I know! There are huge gaping holes that your character can walk through with ease but NOPE- invisible wall!

It’s like all the money went into voice acting and music.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Okay so I found ANOTHER way the game fucks you over and makes you lose your unsaved progress.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to optimize my chipsets and saw that you can’t move the bios chip because that would essentially kill you. They give you a warning not to pull it or move it.

So, then I’m at the shop selling some extra materials when I noticed I had 2 bios chips. I tried to sell one because I thought I had an extra. And the game let me sell it with no warning. It fucking let me sell the chip! That ended the game immediately and took me to the credits. Reminds me of how Chrono Trigger would let you try the end boss any time you wanted knowing you’d get shellacked and takes you to one of the bad endings.

I wish I could be mad but they had the balls to go there.

Only thing that pisses me off was I had an entire side quest that I now have to redo because I did not save the game before visiting the shop.

I had to take a break for a few days, lol! This game...

Last edited:

Bkdk

it speaks how important character design is. Make some hot female chars and developers will receive at least 50% less complaints for the game, yet many western devs decide to go opposite. They gotta learn to work smart, few cares how much other polish you put in when there are ugly female chars all
Over the place.

Top Bottom