• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered Leaked

FranXico

I honestly don't get why this game would be remastered? I was playing it on PSNow and it still looks beautiful as is. Wonder if it's worth playing on PSNow or if they'll add anything new to it on PSNow? I haven't gone past the first hour yet.
1. It won't oherwise be playable on Switch or Xbox.
2. Wouldn't you rather play it natively on the PS4?

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
What did the 2nd do better? I dropped the second one pretty quickly
The combat mainly. The combat in the first game was terrible.It was one of the few times (the other being the first Nier) that i had to switch to easy difficulty in order to focus on the great story/characters and presentation of the game.

Holammer

The game was recently deemed to be playable, (or near perfect even) on RPCS3 so I gave it a whirl and spent 4h or so playing it. I was pleasantly surprised and put it aside, reasoned I'd rather wait for a native version with unlocked framerates. Glad I waited.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Yes I’ll take that. Way way better than 2 in all aspects!

NNN2 was way tooo easy for an RPG also nothing from the game is memorable

On the other hand, NNN1 was great and memorable in every damn way
FWIW they eventually released an update with 2 higher difficulty modes for NNK2, that make it a much more fun and challenging game.

iWtYFvw.jpg

What is up with these leaks? Ridiculous.

And a remaster you can get for for few quid? I hope they improved on some of the more grindy aspects as that dragged the game down for me.

shark sandwich

iWtYFvw.jpg

What is up with these leaks? Ridiculous.

And a remaster you can get for for few quid? I hope they improved on some of the more grindy aspects as that dragged the game down for me.
Agreed about the grinding. I am not a fan of that monster collecting gameplay loop of:
get new monster -> grind them up to a decent level -> dump them and start over when you find a better one

shark sandwich

It will be interesting if they improve on that but sadly not excited at a remaster if true. :(
Really wish they add some kind of “infusing” mechanic where you can sacrifice your old monster to transfer some XP/abilities to the new one. At least then you aren’t perpetually throwing your progress away and starting from scratch over and over.

Kinda doubt this will be anything but a graphical upgrade though :(

Last edited:

FStubbs

The combat mainly. The combat in the first game was terrible.It was one of the few times (the other being the first Nier) that i had to switch to easy difficulty in order to focus on the great story/characters and presentation of the game.

I found the second game had a better designed world for gameplay - even if the first game had the more imaginative world.

First Ni No Kuni was a better spectacle, the second was a better game.

Reactions: Isa

blackjon24

I think terrible is a strong word. Can it be frustrating at the start? Yes I do think they stupidly held very important mechanics like all out defense for way too long. But once you get that ability (commanding whole team to block incoming attacks) the battle system is a lot of fun. I hope they fix this in the remaster, it would be a big mistake not to.

I wanted to like Ni no kuni 2 but I just don't see how only improving the battle system makes it a better game when everything else is worse. Worse visual design, ruin a beautiful game with sinfully ugly chibi designs, unremarkable characters and story. Getting rid of the familiar system (design wise they were no dragon quest monsters but a fun gameplay element no less)

Ni no kuni one came out and resonated with people for a reason. Ni no kuni 2 just came and went.

Last edited:
Really wish they add some kind of “infusing” mechanic where you can sacrifice your old monster to transfer some XP/abilities to the new one. At least then you aren’t perpetually throwing your progress away and starting from scratch over and over.

Kinda doubt this will be anything but a graphical upgrade though :(

Unfortunately but you never know! Would help immensely.

A lot of word salad being tossed around here. Is Ni No Kuni, remaster or otherwise, coming to the Xbox or not?

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I think terrible is a strong word. Can it be frustrating at the start? Yes I do think they stupidly held very important mechanics like all out defense for way too long. But once you get that ability (commanding whole team to block incoming attacks) the battle system is a lot of fun. I hope they fix this in the remaster, it would be a big mistake not to.

I wanted to like Ni no kuni 2 but I just don't see how only improving the battle system makes it a better game when everything else is worse. Worse visual design, ruin a beautiful game with sinfully ugly chibi designs, unremarkable characters and story. Getting rid of the familiar system (design wise they were no dragon quest monsters but a fun gameplay element no less)

Ni no kuni one came out and resonated with people for a reason. Ni no kuni 2 just came and went.

Idk I must be weird but I dropped ninokuni 2 halfway through, just got bored and ironically I think it's because I enjoyed the combat of 1 better lol

Vawn

Banned
That reminds me to finally start Ni No Kuni 2 on PS4. Had it since launch last year but been too busy with other games.

It's a major step back imo. I loved Ni No Kuni, but the sequel bored me. I didn't care for the battle system at all.

Virex

Banned
It's a major step back imo. I loved Ni No Kuni, but the sequel bored me. I didn't care for the battle system at all.
I've heard quite a few people say that. Apparently it's a pushover when it comes to difficulty. But I'm still looking forward to starting it soon once I'm out of my gaming rut I'm stuck in.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I've heard quite a few people say that. Apparently it's a pushover when it comes to difficulty. But I'm still looking forward to starting it soon once I'm out of my gaming rut I'm stuck in.
Well that was it first came out but now it has two more difficulty options. I personally enjoyed both but first game's combat was more difficult but in my opinion for very wrong reasons. trying to keep very stupid AI party alive and not let them over use their magic is harder than actual bosses in the game.

Last edited:
And you came to that conclusion from one word because?

I believe it has something to do with not saying, "Unfortunately, it isn't coming to Xbox One." Also, the exclamation point really drove it home. :messenger_tears_of_joy: At least, that's what I assume JLMC469 was thinking.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
It was a fantastic game, which had the world map element I hope we will get in the FFV and FFVI remakes that Square will show ;) (or a new Radiant Historia)!

Top Bottom