• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K6 360 Trailer and Screens

DMczaf

Trailer: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748408/vids_1.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748408/imgs_1.html

nhl-2k6-20051021100917377.jpg
nhl-2k6-20051021100913689.jpg
nhl-2k6-20051021100916267.jpg

I don't know what to say. This just looks like the XBox version with bloom lighting. The faces aren't near NBA2k3 level of detail and I wonder if there will be any physics on the clothing in this one.

I want to see their football game now!!

FightyF

Banned
Looks incomplete. I hope the final product doesn't look like that.

You'd think the goalie pads would be modelled rather than bumpmapped.

Eddie's got that RAPE TIME facial expression down pat!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
After the NHL 2K games on xbox i was honestly expecting damn close to photorealistic graphics for this, after looking at the trailer it really doesn't look much if any better than the xbox version.

You didn't post the best one!

nhl-2k6-20051021100915174.jpg

Fox puck? Check.

Casual Friday white shirt referee? Check.

Transparent goalie and netting, but not water bottle? Check.

We've got a hit on our hands here, folks!

Yusaku

Zombie Roenick lives. :lol

The NHL 2k screenshots are always horrible. Hey, likes put the camera on the ice so we can look up the player's nostrils.

I wonder what else, besides depth-of-field, are they adding to make the game worth $40 more than its Xbox 1 cousin.

Mike Works said:

Fox puck? Check.

you should read the interview mike thats "crease control" and seems like adecent feature.

Reilly

I wish hockey games got the same budget as teh basketball and football games...:(

What's up with the jerseys? It's like Roenick is wearing chainmail. :lol

you know, when i see this i really wonder if i shouldn't just forgoe the 360 and keep playing my ps2 until ps3 comes out. i mean 2k screens never look good but if i'm about to pay $400 + for this system, I want to see better than this crap.

Foil

I'd rather hammer a nail into my peehole than look at those screens again.

however, the ice looks very nice, goalie models....well the ice looks great. Maybe this time the game won't be littered with bugs?

fatboyee

Banned
Waiting for PS3 won't do you any good as the game would look the same on PS3. The problem isn't the console, it's the time the artists need to make a good looking game. use your head!

FightyF

Banned
Mike Works said:

Fox puck? Check.

The ice looks pretty good in that pic.

The players don't have shadows, their legs are lit wierd, and the boards get reflective in places they shouldn't be.

I wouldn't mind if Kush was given more time to finish this game.

I wonder why they released screens though. Suicide is what it is.
I was so repulsed I forgot to check out the trailer. :lol

Foil

That animation needs to be tossed out the window then burnt to death. Next gen is going to be all about animation to make the games (sports especially) look and feel lifelike. This animates the exact same as the current gen versions (which is understandable given the timeframe).

FightyF

Banned
Why'd they add that EA-ish glow to all the players? I'm talking about the glow that was decently implemented into games like Def Jam and Fight Night but they also decided to put it in a whole bunch of other games. Do without it and it would look decent.

wait wait wait, that's supposed to be ROENICK?!

*looks at number on jersey*

jesus fuck...

that looks like the god damn transition of the senator or whatever in the first X-Men movie when he slowly melts into water

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
man that kings jersey is WAY OVERDONE

edit:

hey! it looks pretty good in motion besides you know... recycled animation from this gen but whatever! I'm buying this :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
well it's not really the kings, it's all the jerseys.

*tries to grate cheese with own jersey*

:(

edit: and they so need to fix the ice. it's not supposed to be gray, it's supposed to be WHITE

Shinobi

Well, guess I can grab the XBox version of this now. :lol

Mike Works said:
wait wait wait, that's supposed to be ROENICK?!

*looks at number on jersey*

jesus fuck...

that looks like the god damn transition of the senator or whatever in the first X-Men movie when he slowly melts into water

:lol :lol :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wait this does look way better in motion, still not next gen though. I'd advise everyone who hasn't already to check out the newest trailer. I didn't even want to think about looking at the trailer after I saw those pics.

Top Bottom