• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

The games my kids get for free on their tablets are better than the games I paid $50 for when I was a kid.

lulz this is true. although i was too poor to afford many games growing up it is pretty ridiculous the quality of games today vs. what they were back then. i would get a couple video games a year and then me and my brother maybe would get a couple for x-mas. since there wasn't the internets to get opinions on the games you pretty much were going by a) word of mouth at school or b) video game magazines. but the thing is a lot of the videogame magazines would have reviews on games AFTER the game had been released. when all else failed i usually just picked the coolest cover.... and some of the shittiest games of all time had great covers unfortunately :(

bionic77

The games my kids get for free on their tablets are better than the games I paid $50 for when I was a kid.
There are a ton of free Internet games for pretty much every kids show these days too.

Gaming for me peaked in the 90s. But I won't deny that there are a fuck ton of decent and free/cheap options out there. Makes me wonder if the industry is going to be around with hardcore games and consoles in 10 or 20 years. The way computing power is advancing it is possible that your 200 tablet or 100 dollar Roku ver 15 will have more they enough power and space for any game.

squicken

His last posts sounded like he was already on it.

We have to have a new thread before 20k. I have no interest in doing any of the charts and funnies, but will start it just b/c I'll be able to update it as needed

edit: chuck if you want to do it go ahead. I will literally only post the league calendar and the draft stuff we are doing

jakncoke

Banned
Is Madden worth playing?

Alone; not really
Online against strangers; hell fucking no
Online against people you know/off line mp; yeah

I havent played since 2009, kinda been getting an itch to build a franchise. Also the same in college football. If they still made college basketball the same. Building a franchise in sports games was always fun for me.

bionic77

Someone should add a soccer ball to your avy to finish the circle of suck.
Hey football is more fun to watch but as a videogame soccer is currently better.

Nothing in Madden compared to putting together a masterpiece goal in FIFA (or winning eleven last gen).

I really haven't watched much of him since he'll never be around for STL. I just know of Floyd b/c of the larger program and he's such an obvious 3 technique. If Ngata is his comparable then that is pretty damn good. If his medicals are clean then it seems like it's more of a fit issue then. Raiders will be interesting to watch b/c they can go so many ways

i actually think floyd will go before star but chan and me both like star more. we also already have a tech 3 guy in walker and would prefer a pure nt.

i would love it if we could trade down but i still dont see it happening

Wes

venison crêpe
I'll just put this out there, although I'm waiting on others before we decide on a pick. You'll just have to be patient...

Anyone want to trade up to the 6th spot?

BROWNS ARE ON THE CLOCK!
tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

Milchjon

I'll just put this out there, although I'm waiting on others before we decide on a pick. You'll just have to be patient...

Anyone want to trade up to the 6th spot?

Pats. We take Werner.

VORWÄRTS, PATRIOTEN!

Disclaimer: Not an actual offer. I'm not officially involved in the draft.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm waiting for BlackGhost and Batman but without Milliner or the opportunity to trade back I'm sure the choice would be between Dion Jordan and Chance Warmack, as I'd veto any other player at this point.

JABEE

You young guys need to stop sucking and then you can join the clubhouse. No Pats fans allowed. Raven fans are allowed entry but have to go through the metal detector.

I want to join the clubhouse. I am a violent opponent of the Patriot cause, and have valiantly defended your honor in the current state you are in.

Just pick Teo.

Giants GAF. I didn't volunteer but I'd go in this order if these are available.

Warmack
Cooper
Carradine
Werner
Best DE available at 19 unless Warmack/Cooper there, yeah. We might want to slot Datone Jones in there as well.

No shit. Giants are delusional.
Delusional = Not willing to destroy their cap space or overvalue one player when three major players are coming due for big contracts next season (JPP, Nicks and Joseph). Not to mention the article states the team is offering a good amount of guaranteed money (willing to bet 20-22 million) in that deal to a player with no leverage. More than fair.

Browns GAF has until 8:30 to post their consensus pick or I'm picking what Wes mentioned earlier (Dion Jordan).

Top Bottom